GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray says Spezza will not be moved

+9
LethalLehner
shabbs
davetherave
SensFan71
jamvan
SeawaySensFan
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
beedub
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Murray says Spezza will not be moved Empty Murray says Spezza will not be moved Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:36 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

According to the Ottawa Sun, Brian Murray has come out and said that there has been no interest in Jason Spezza, and that he will not be moved.

I hope that that is just a smokescreen, and that he could be moved at the Draft, otherwise Ottawa my find themselves in serious cap trouble in the next 2 years.

2Murray says Spezza will not be moved Empty Re: Murray says Spezza will not be moved Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:38 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

According to Jordo the move could happen by the Trade D-day and that discussions are on going.

- Unknown Author

3Murray says Spezza will not be moved Empty Re: Murray says Spezza will not be moved Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:40 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I created this post with a heavy heart. I would be delighted to hear that it was Dung and that Spezza will be moved. Instant cap manoeveribliity

4Murray says Spezza will not be moved Empty Re: Murray says Spezza will not be moved Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:49 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

What does cap space mean to us?

We're a small market with heavy taxes with a ****ing awful media and a poor team.

There are almost never players the calibre of Spezza on the free agent market, especially none at his age.

We'd also open up a gaping hole at centre that we'd have to fill.

5Murray says Spezza will not be moved Empty Re: Murray says Spezza will not be moved Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:53 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

To trade him now means we would have some pieces with which to start filling in the hole. To wait, we quite easily could have to deal him for nothing.

Will the hole be completely filled. Nope.

6Murray says Spezza will not be moved Empty Re: Murray says Spezza will not be moved Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:56 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:What does cap space mean to us?

We're a small market with heavy taxes with a ****ing awful media and a poor team.

There are almost never players the calibre of Spezza on the free agent market, especially none at his age.

Ironically, Spezza may be regressing at his age.

7Murray says Spezza will not be moved Empty Re: Murray says Spezza will not be moved Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:56 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

I've said that he wouldn't be moved since day one.

8Murray says Spezza will not be moved Empty Re: Murray says Spezza will not be moved Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:58 pm

I dont get your love affair with Spezza at all. Do you realize how incomplete, lazy, passionless, and selfish kind of player Spezza is...? Seriously. You see age and tallent.

Lets get Kyle Beach and Downie too, put them all together on one line. Those 2 are younger than Spezza and have all the tools!

9Murray says Spezza will not be moved Empty Re: Murray says Spezza will not be moved Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:02 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:

I dont get your love affair with Spezza at all. Do you realize how incomplete, lazy, passionless, and selfish kind of player Spezza is...? Seriously. You see age and tallent.

Lets get Kyle Beach and Downie too, put them all together on one line. Those 2 are younger than Spezza and have all the tools!

well I definitely don't agree with Downie, be surprised he is allowed to play ever again pending his disciplinary action coming down from the ahl. Beach, I heard he is the same type of player like downie, huge brain farts, someone gets hurt bad.

10Murray says Spezza will not be moved Empty Re: Murray says Spezza will not be moved Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:05 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

well I definitely don't agree with Downie, be surprised he is allowed to play ever again pending his disciplinary action coming down from the ahl. Beach, I heard he is the same type of player like downie, huge brain farts, someone gets hurt bad.

Exactly, and the difference between Spezza and those 2 is, Spezza's actions are not violent, just selfish and lazy. They all put themselves before the team and always have. Point being is the same people who slam those 2 for being idiots defend Spezza.

11Murray says Spezza will not be moved Empty Re: Murray says Spezza will not be moved Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:17 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I'd have to disagree with you on a couple of things, asq. We are a small market team, with great media coverage, a great fanbase, and a team that is so massively front loaded with long term cap hits that we're gonna tip over in due time.

eliminate one of the big two and you have flexibility. You can invest in defence, goaltending still save money.

Every team is going to have a couple of marquee players. I would like to see ours spread out to encompass defence and goaltending as well as forward

12Murray says Spezza will not be moved Empty Re: Murray says Spezza will not be moved Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:18 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Actually, the report from the Ottawa Sun said that Bryan Murray told Bruce Garrioch that no matter how many donuts Bruce eats in protest, it will not change Jason Spezza's mind about not inviting Garrioch to his next garden party. Apparently Bruce attacks the buffet and gobbles down all the shrimp. Jason has warned him repeatedly, and quite a tiff has ensued. The word 'bee-atch' has apparently been heard in their heated verbal exchanges.

13Murray says Spezza will not be moved Empty Re: Murray says Spezza will not be moved Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:03 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I wonder if Murray is subtly saying to Spezza that no one thinks he's worth acquiring?

Murray: "Not one call about Jason so you can put that to bed."

Seems strange to not have a single call... but who knows with Murray. His words are so carefully planned.

14Murray says Spezza will not be moved Empty Re: Murray says Spezza will not be moved Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:07 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

"Not one call". Does that mean, not one call that was worth pursuing? Or maybe he got more than one call!!

15Murray says Spezza will not be moved Empty Re: Murray says Spezza will not be moved Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:08 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I used to be a Spezza fan but I have to agree that this guy has regressed. The lazy penalty that he took in the TO game was just icing on the cake. He can blame no one but himself for that one!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum