GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schubert pissed at being moved to forward

+6
SensGirl11
shabbs
PTFlea
Riprock
smash88
jamvan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
smash88 wrote:
jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:
Well, then at least they gave him a shot... Was Picard better? or was it simply because he's on a one-way contract and they didn't want to send him down?

Picard was hurt all the way through with a groin pull, but he decided to play the first game anyway -and was average at best. Then he sat out the next 3 games and came back against Montreal and was good. Hartsburg must see a ton of potential in him, or Picard would be the one in the pressbox and Schubert would be on D.

Just shows you how uninspired Harsburg was at seeing Schubert and Bell.
Well, Picard does have a ton of potential.

As for Schubert I thought he was even worse than Richardson. He just wasn't very good and should realize if he wants to play in the NHL, it's going to be at forward.

I still say lets trade him and a 3rd for Jokinen.

Well if Shubert was worse than Richardson then I don't want Shubert coming even close to defence... LOL

I've heard some good things about Picard, but that he also hasn't hit full potential and there are rumblings that he won't.. I just hope for the team's sake they aren't making the wrong choice
Picard had 22 points two season ago. He's got great potential. I totally think he'll perform well in front of his family and friends too. He's got everything to gain and has a really good outlook about things.

I hope so... I do agree that he definitely says all of the right things, but I've never seen him play so i'll reserve judgment until after a few regular season games have gone by...

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:Well Schubert will be in teh lineup against Frolunda on teh 4th line.

Donovan and McCammond will sit.

The 4th line will be: Ruutu-Bass-Schubert ~ Not too bad if you ask me.

Picard's time to shine

The decision to move Schubert to the top line means Gatineau native Alex Picard — obtained by the Senators in the Andrej Meszaros deal with Tampa Bay last month — will get his chance to play full-time minutes. Right now, he's being paired with rookie Brian Lee, behind the veteran combos of Chris Phillips-Anton Volchenkov and Jason Smith-Filip Kuba. "That’s what I worked for all camp, all summer, to have a main spot on the blue line on an NHL team," said Picard, who battled a groin injury for most of training camp. "I’m 23 years old. I’ve been up and down throughout my career. I think this is the year that I have to prove myself and do a consistent job on the blue line. That’s only going to help me become a good player."

See I like that 4th line alot better than with Donovan or McAmmond... I wish Shubert would just embrace playing forward... It would solve alot of problems.. They definitely need to get rid of someone though...

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Pittsburgh will be without Whitney and Gonchar for a long time - they might need some help.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:Pittsburgh will be without Whitney and Gonchar for a long time - they might need some help.

Yeah let's work out something for Staal! LOL... We have an extra first don't we? :D

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And then we lose him next year because we can't afford him?

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:And then we lose him next year because we can't afford him?

Yeah I wasn't actually being very serious... I don't think we could fit Staal into our system, and if we could well then all the better and let's go for it...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'd like him too... just don't think it would work, as I see you know as well.

Leafs on the other hand are a prime candidate for him.

I'd be happy with just a pick for Schubert, and while Pitts might need a defenceman to help out, perhaps dealing him to an Eastern team isn't the best option.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:I'd like him too... just don't think it would work, as I see you know as well.

Leafs on the other hand are a prime candidate for him.

I'd be happy with just a pick for Schubert, and while Pitts might need a defenceman to help out, perhaps dealing him to an Eastern team isn't the best option.

Yeah I think sending him out west would be a better option...

and yeah I think a pick is all we can really expect also... I just hope we can squeeze a second out of someone... although that might be a little high still

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

He's still fairly young, cheap, and dare I say "Versatile" lol... Schubert would be pissed to go to another team only to play forward again.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:He's still fairly young, cheap, and dare I say "Versatile" lol... Schubert would be pissed to go to another team only to play forward again.

Yeah I hear that... But I wonder if he got traded, if Murray would shop him as a d-man or a forward or both?

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Schubert will still play D on the PK and PP just like last year I'm sure.

Richardson was good enough last year. If he plays 25 games this year, I'm not upset. You will only run into trouble with Richardson if he plays 3 games in 4 nights. It makes more sense to have Richardson in the press box and Bell playing 20+ minutes in the minors than the reverse.

I think that I could make the argument that Richardson was the only player who overachieved last year.

BTW Schubert, if you don't want to make near one million dollars a year to play forward, give me your jersey.

42Schubert pissed at being moved to forward - Page 3 Empty KHL interested in Berlin team Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Apparently the KHL is interested in bringing in a Berlin team into the league. If Schubert wants to play D full time, he won't have any problems finding work. I'll miss him, but not that much.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum