GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks :: 4:00pm ET :: Sun. Mar. 2nd, 2014

+7
Ev
PTFlea
spader
sandysensfan
NEELY
wprager
shabbs
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:I am at work but I am glad I am not watching another stinker.
I am counting the months until october.

2-2

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

2-2

Doesn't matter bro. Inconsistencies all over the place with 20 games left is not good enough.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:
NEELY wrote:

2-2

Doesn't matter bro. Inconsistencies all over the place with 20 games left is not good enough.

Sens don't have a first this year so I am cheering them on until the final second of the season.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I am cheering but I am not expecting anything, which basically takes out a lot of enjoyment

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You can't have this bad of a defensive team for three straight years and not have one coach canned for it. Something has to change, Reeds must go.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm cheering Wednesday when some deadweight is moved.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:I blame coaching more than anything right now. Paul Maclean has lost the team.

Nah, he hasn't.  He's lost the captain.  NHL coaches don't lose the ear of young teams.

He lost Alfie who was almost like the trams coach. Without him the team isn't buying what he's selling.

This team isn't that young as far as the leadership goes.

The leadership core is the problem.  MacLean didn't become an idiot over night and Spezza didn't become a captain over night either.

Maclean was never the sharpest tool in the shed. What has he done so far for people to think he's this amazing coach who is untouchable? His jack Adams was basically bishop and Anderson's vezina. Maclean has no system right now

He has a system.. but no defense..

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Watching Karlsson popping all those goals make me wet though

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:You can't have this bad of a defensive team for three straight years and not have one coach canned for it. Something has to change, Reeds must go.

The D will come around, it's always the last thing that teams really get, especially young ones. That said it always comes back to everyone pulling in the same direction. You need 4 lines all playing the same game, not 3 with 1 doing what they want. Defense is a team struggle.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

sandysensfan wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:I blame coaching more than anything right now. Paul Maclean has lost the team.

Nah, he hasn't.  He's lost the captain.  NHL coaches don't lose the ear of young teams.

He lost Alfie who was almost like the trams coach. Without him the team isn't buying what he's selling.

This team isn't that young as far as the leadership goes.

The leadership core is the problem.  MacLean didn't become an idiot over night and Spezza didn't become a captain over night either.

The system and the personnel are all there but again, everyone has to buy in. People keep looking for all this different reasons to why the team defense struggles when it's not complicated. It's a team problem and not everyone buys into it.
Maclean was never the sharpest tool in the shed. What has he done so far for people to think he's this amazing coach who is untouchable? His jack Adams was basically bishop and Anderson's vezina. Maclean has no system right now

He has a system.. but no defense..

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Karlsson better keep clear of Healy... he may just try and suck Karlsson's Richard.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Karlsson is so good lol.

Especially good on that canucks second goal...but it's spezza's fault I forgot. missed call on conacher too. Cussing spezza

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:

Especially good on that canucks second goal...but it's spezza's fault I forgot. missed call on conacher too. Cussing spezza
Trade the bum.

#blamespezza

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I was a foooooooool

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

His is awful music, wow

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:

Laughing3 

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Also pmac has to stop with this BS of a defensive player on each line he's trying. Time to reunite Ryan with turris and MacArthur.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:

Not blamming Spezza for anything here, I am giving my opinion on what's wrong with the team overall as was being discussed... problems with team defense and consistency.  IMO Spezza being the captain and not buying into the team system is the biggest issue with the Sens.

As for Karlsson's "giveaway" that was for Michalek and he simply got out muscled and beat. Michalek is playing like a guy waiting to get traded. Maybe Karlsson has to eat that puck instead of make a play but that was on Michalek as much as Karlsson.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum