GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks :: 4:00pm ET :: Sun. Mar. 2nd, 2014

+7
Ev
PTFlea
spader
sandysensfan
NEELY
wprager
shabbs
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#DoItForLalongo

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I thought Ottawa was bad right now but the Canucks are an absolute Dung show.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks :: 4:00pm ET :: Sun. Mar. 2nd, 2014 - Page 2 Jim-carrey

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Afternoon game against a backup goaltender.. What are the odds for a win?

IF the Sens lose today, are they only sellers at the deadline?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Sens no matter what are sellers/buyers. They will try to improve their team right now and they will try and move some dead weight or expiring contracts for some future assets.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Sens no matter what are sellers/buyers.  They will try to improve their team right now and they will try and move some dead weight or expiring contracts for some future assets.

That's a good way of putting it. If they can trim the fat (9MM, maybe Philly if they can't sign him, Corvo, Kassian, maybe Conacher, even players like Greening and Condra could move), and fill in trade gaps with some of the prospects that are ready (Hoffman, SDC, JOB, Prince, Puempel, Petersson, JGP, Dizzy, grant, stone, Boro), they can make some waves this deadline/off-season.

I'm NOT suggesting that they empty the cupboards, but they seem to have a ton of NHL ready prospects and lots of desirable players that make their living in the NHL right now. If they can make a move Like they did for Ryan by packaging up a couple of players and prospects, I hope they do so. I think Lazar is untouchable, but I don't see anyone else that isn't a regular right now being untouchable (I consider Ceci a regular).

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Sens are at the point now where they have the prospects they want or expect to play in the NHL (for the Sens). Stone, Peuempel, Boroweicki, Da Costa, Hoffman, Claeson, Lazar, and who knows if there are a few other unknowns that make it. There are also guys like McCormick, Dzingle, Wikstrand, and Wideman that there might be a shot where they can fill some of the bottom roster.

Then there are the guys up in Ottawa now like Zibanejad, Karlsson, Turris, Lehner, Cowen, Wiercioch, Ceci who are all part of their long term plans and none of them are over 25. If you start adding legit pieces to that core as well as other players graduating there is a real shot there to be dangerous for a long time.

As long as they don't start giving up their 1st rounders on a regular basis (especially next year) then you can give up a roster player or two and a prospect or two for the exact type of player you want and need.

The best time is now to actually try and get those pieces or at least explore what is out there. Just because the chances of making the playoffs this year are not too great doesn't mean you shouldn't be trying to improve your team for next year. If it helps this year and right away that is a bonus.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Yup. This.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Sens no matter what are sellers/buyers.  They will try to improve their team right now and they will try and move some dead weight or expiring contracts for some future assets.

Yes to both this post sync your follow up post.

That's why I think they're listening to offers on Cowen - if it's for a guy who's legit abd under contract that will he able to help this team now and in the future.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

For some stupid reason I thought the game was at 3PM. Pacific. So this really *is* an afternoon game. Oh, well. Bring on 2014-15.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the time this game actually starts, it's going to be evening. In Vancouver.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Did Szabados bring her pads?

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:For some stupid reason I thought the game was at 3PM.  Pacific.  So this really *is* an afternoon game.  Oh, well.  Bring on 2014-15.

It would be a 1:00 pm start in BC.. that's bad for this team..

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Let's GO!!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I like Sarah McLachlan. I think. But that rendition of O Canada was like the musical version of painting by numbers. That choir backing her up were better.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bah. Van scores on the PP. 1-0.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Always the first goal against... it was on a PP and deflected and Andy was screened... but still... so damn frustrating.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Sens are a complete mess man, the entire team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum