GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks :: 4:00pm ET :: Sun. Mar. 2nd, 2014

+7
Ev
PTFlea
spader
sandysensfan
NEELY
wprager
shabbs
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Down 2-0... we have them right where we want them...

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I blame coaching more than anything right now. Paul Maclean has lost the team.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:But if nobody is questioning coaching, they should. Paul won't last in my opinion.

Yes he will but w/e.

If it's a consistent message and one that worked that past 2 seasons why isn't it working now?  I have my view on what's wrong with the team but I've said it over and over so everyone knows. Coach can't get play for the players.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:I blame coaching more than anything right now. Paul Maclean has lost the team.

Nah, he hasn't.  He's lost the captain. NHL coaches don't lose the ear of young teams.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:
Ev wrote:But if nobody is questioning coaching, they should. Paul won't last in my opinion.

You mean the coaching is responsible for those players taking stupid penalties?  IMO -- need new asst coaches.. starting with Richardson who should not be lost to Buffalo.  You need decent defensive coaching and Reeds is not that..

First penalty was a phantom one.

We don't know what reeds is like but Paul Maclean has been very hypocritical this season and has made some coaching decisions overall. Screw Richardson being an assistant, it might be his time to be head coach.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:Always the first goal against... it was on a PP and deflected and Andy was screened... but still... so damn frustrating.

It isn't just that Andy's letting in the first goal in every friggin game. It's also the quality of shot that's getting through. It's like he doesn't get ready until a puck gets by him. Frustrating is right.

Until Spezza is gone this team won't change, it's honestly that simple. The identity of the team is Spezza.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:I blame coaching more than anything right now. Paul Maclean has lost the team.

Nah, he hasn't.  He's lost the captain.  NHL coaches don't lose the ear of young teams.

He lost Alfie who was almost like the trams coach. Without him the team isn't buying what he's selling.

This team isn't that young as far as the leadership goes.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes spezza is terrible.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Nah, he hasn't.  He's lost the captain.  NHL coaches don't lose the ear of young teams.

He lost Alfie who was almost like the trams coach. Without him the team isn't buying what he's selling.

The leadership core is the problem. MacLean didn't become an idiot over night and Spezza didn't become a captain over night either.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

The leadership core is the problem.  MacLean didn't become an idiot over night and Spezza didn't become a captain over night either.

Maclean was never the sharpest tool in the shed. What has he done so far for people to think he's this amazing coach who is untouchable? His jack Adams was basically bishop and Anderson's vezina. Maclean has no system right now

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Yes spezza is terrible.

Move Spezza and then you have every line buying in. You cant have 3 lines doing what is asked then Spezza and whoever he's with just doing what they want. That's the problem and it trickles down to all 3 zones, all 4 lines, all 3 pairings, and whoever is in goal. Everyone needs to be pulling in the same direction and Spezza pulls where ever he wants.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

The leadership core is the problem.  MacLean didn't become an idiot over night and Spezza didn't become a captain over night either.

Maclean was never the sharpest tool in the shed. What has he done so far for people to think he's this amazing coach who is untouchable? His jack Adams was basically bishop and Anderson's vezina. Maclean has no system right now

He's made mistakes this year and when your team loses it's all magnified. That said he has proven himself to be a capable NHL coach and the right fit in Ottawa. Spezza will not have another coach as an Ottawa Senator, he's at 6 already.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I am at work but I am glad I am not watching another stinker.
I am counting the months until october.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Karlsson is so good lol.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That's better...

2-2 Wing Dang Doodle.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:I am at work but I am glad I am not watching another stinker.

2-2

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

2-2

Doesn't matter bro. Inconsistencies all over the place with 20 games left is not good enough.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:
NEELY wrote:

2-2

Doesn't matter bro. Inconsistencies all over the place with 20 games left is not good enough.

Sens don't have a first this year so I am cheering them on until the final second of the season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum