GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+16
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SensHulk
spader
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
NEELY
wprager
sandysensfan
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

256NHL CBA Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:47 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, some time this week the Winter Classic and All-Star games will get cancelled. I don't think anyone is doubting that. Seems there's some money to be paid out for the Winter Classic this week that is non-refundable which is probably driving that decision.

And as always, no talks planned.

Last edited by shabbs on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total

257NHL CBA Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:51 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:So, some time this week the Winter Classic and All-Star games will get cancelled. I don't think anyone is doubting that. Seems there's some money to be paid out for the World Classic this week that is non-refundable which is probably driving that decision.

And as always, no talks planned.

Haha, oh man, this is still going on eh...

258NHL CBA Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:01 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yep. Like a bad smell, it lingers...

259NHL CBA Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:11 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I've honestly lost a lot of interest in the game... kind of sad but I don't miss it like I did last time.

260NHL CBA Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:11 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jack Johnson rips the owners and the lockout:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-lockout/2012/10/29/jack_johnson_columbus_blue_jackets_owners_blog_want_to_work/

261NHL CBA Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:15 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Jack Johnson rips the owners and the lockout:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-lockout/2012/10/29/jack_johnson_columbus_blue_jackets_owners_blog_want_to_work/

The Name Dropper thinks that this sort of thing will escalate with the players starting to develop kind of a cabin fever from not playing.

more rip jobs to come

262NHL CBA Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:19 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Free rip jobs for everyone!

263NHL CBA Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:20 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Free rip jobs for everyone!

Thing about Double-J is that his contract is considered a bargain so I think he's demonstrated that he does indeed "want to play!" by signing that deal. I think he's pretty eager to be the new face of the Jackets, too.

264NHL CBA Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:21 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:I've honestly lost a lot of interest in the game... kind of sad but I don't miss it like I did last time.

Not ashamed to say that I do, a bit. Still listen to the 67s and B-Sens games when I can. Would have loved to see how wrong the experts' predictions would have been for a few teams.

Here's something to ponder. The way things are going in the AHL for a few guys, and how well Ceci is doing in the OHL, if there is a shortened season, I could easily see how those guys could do better than some of the guys on one-way deals. But with a shortened season, would you want to burn a year of their ELCs?

Anderson, with all this time off, who knows how rusty he will be. Lehner, meanwhile, is dominating in the AHL. Zibanejad and Silfverberg look like it's taking a bit of time to adjust, but they'll come around. Stone and Cowen are PPG players Smile Hoffman with 4 points in 7 is the closest. Cowen, of course, is a lock to make the team, assuming he's not injured. But how about Ceci -- 2 points behind Dougie Hamilton for the lead, with 3 games in hand. And he's playing well defensively. Given his age I doubt there's a chance we see him in a Sens uni this year, but something to look forward to in the coming years.

265NHL CBA Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:25 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ceci has a nice roster spot for him when Gonchar is gone (and he might be if we lose the season).

266NHL CBA Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:28 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Ceci has a nice roster spot for him when Gonchar is gone (and he might be if we lose the season).

Bobby Orr is basically Ceci-lite.

267NHL CBA Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:28 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:Ceci has a nice roster spot for him when Gonchar is gone (and he might be if we lose the season).

Like I said in another thread, long term this lockout will benefit the Sens in a big time way. Short term we get screwed out of Alfi's last game.

268NHL CBA Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:28 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bill Daly statement via LeBrun:

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun

"We withdrew our most recent proposal on Friday, and now we are spending time thinking about our next proposal and how best to get closer to a resolution. We hope the Union is doing the same thing. Given that the Union refused even to discuss our last proposal, it would appear that we still have a large gulf to bridge."

269NHL CBA Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:45 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Bobby Orr is basically Ceci-lite.

Let's hope Cody has better knees.

270NHL CBA Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:52 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Bill Daly statement via LeBrun:

"We withdrew our most recent proposal on Friday, and now we are spending time thinking about our next proposal and how best to get closer to a resolution. We hope the Union is doing the same thing. Given that the Union refused to bend over and accept our last proposal, it would appear that we still have a large gulf to bridge."

Fixed.

271NHL CBA Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:

Like I said in another thread, long term this lockout will benefit the Sens in a big time way. Short term we get screwed out of Alfi's last game.

That's not carved in swedish meatballs. Alfi, himself, has said that with guys like Jagr and Selanne playing into their 40s, maybe it's a new trend.

He can't get terribly excited right now about training and that's understandable, with no games in sight. However he's still going to the gym 4 times a week -- what the hell does he do when he's excited, then?

I think the biggest obstacle would be that he would still be on the hook for the last year of his contract, which only pays him $1M in real $$. Take off taxes and agent's commission and he's playing for peanuts; literally, not even league min. Do agents get paid annually based on the cap hit or the salary? Imagine if it's the cap hit -- between the agent's fee (15% of $4.875M) and taxes he may not have any take home pay at all). So the Sens need to come up with a creative way of paying Alfie what he's worth. Prior to this season, we thought the way to do that was to sign him to an extension, but now, if the season is lost, I can see him play one more season but 2 would be pushing it.

272NHL CBA Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:54 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

"We withdrew our most recent proposal on Friday, and now we are spending time thinking about our next proposal and how best to get closer to a resolution. We hope the Union is doing the same thing. Given that the Union refused to bend over and accept our last proposal, it would appear that we still have a large hole to fill."

Fixed.

Fixed more.

273NHL CBA Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

"We withdrew our most recent proposal on Friday, and now we are spending time thinking about our next proposal and how best to get closer to a resolution. We hope the Union is doing the same thing. Given that the Union refused to bend over and accept our last proposal, it would appear that we still have a large hole to fill."

Fixed.

Fixed more.

Further to these corrections, Steve Fehr states that the NHLs proposal was indeed up for discussion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum