GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+16
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SensHulk
spader
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
NEELY
wprager
sandysensfan
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 67]

241NHL CBA Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:50 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

KHL games that were to be played at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn moved back to Russia:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=408216

Interesting:

The KHL said it made the switch because of the NHL lockout and "impassioned pleas by the fan bases of each club to keep these premier, late-season games in Russia."

242NHL CBA Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:58 am

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

FYI for those wondering why Spezza was not in Rappaswill's last game:

"In the first season match against Rapperswil-Jona, which had to play without the sick NHL star Jason Spezza, the Lions had in the last nine minutes revealed 2-0 and still lost 2:3. This time, let burn the ZSC nothing more, it also brought the first goal from Michel Riesen (18), who met for the eighth time this season, not the concept."

Saw a replay of the Markov injury last night on TSN highlights... to me, looks like a lower body injury... not sure if it's one of his knees. Habs fans had better hope not.

243NHL CBA Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:04 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:KHL games that were to be played at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn moved back to Russia:

Interesting:

The KHL said it made the switch because of the NHL lockout and "impassioned pleas by the fan bases of each club to keep these premier, late-season games in Russia."

Interesting. A league that listens to the real owners, the FANS!!!

244NHL CBA Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:KHL games that were to be played at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn moved back to Russia:

Interesting:

Interesting. A league that listens to the real owners, the FANS!!!
In Soviet Russia... the KHLFA runs the show.

245NHL CBA Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You know, there are kids on this board who have no idea what you are talking about. They grew up in a world where there was no "Soviet" Russia, no CCCP, and no Yakov Smirnoff jokes.

246NHL CBA Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:You know, there are kids on this board who have no idea what you are talking about. They grew up in a world where there was no "Soviet" Russia, no CCCP, and no Yakov Smirnoff jokes.
And it's a damn shame...

247NHL CBA Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:01 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:You know, there are kids on this board who have no idea what you are talking about. They grew up in a world where there was no "Soviet" Russia, no CCCP, and no Yakov Smirnoff jokes.
And it's a damn shame...

Back in the USSR.

- Unknown Author

248NHL CBA Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
And it's a damn shame...

Back in the USSR.

The Ukraine girls really knock me out
They leave the west behind
And Moscow girls make me sing and shout
And Georgia's always on my-my-my-my-my-my-my-my-my mind

Good thing is, even the kids -- properly raised, of course -- will know that one.

249NHL CBA Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:53 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hard to believe the fall of the USSR was back in 1991. Those were interesting times... Gorbachev, Yeltsin, the cold war...

250NHL CBA Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:34 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
And it's a damn shame...

Back in the USSR.

Good thing is, even the kids -- properly raised, of course -- will know that one.

How about we petition "Hot 89.9" to switch to an All-Beatles format? TwoThumbsUp! StickmanDancing

251NHL CBA Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:21 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
And it's a damn shame...

Back in the USSR.

LeKid knows that one and a lot others Smile

252NHL CBA Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You were raised properly Cheers

253NHL CBA Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:07 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

More & more players still going to Europe. Tells me the NHLPA is not in a hurry to get this settled... maybe they don't want to get it settled. They are prepared to stay out a year or more... Apparently according to Eklund (if you can believe him) more and more players are having arguments over twitter with the fans. Maybe they are starting to realize the fans have moved their support..

How about they wisen up and get this settled.

254NHL CBA Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
And it's a damn shame...

Back in the USSR.

How about we petition "Hot 89.9" to switch to an All-Beatles format? TwoThumbsUp! StickmanDancing

Is this what happens when you turn 40?? You mean I have but mere months before I become a crotchety old man who petitions teeny bopper radio stations to play "real" music??? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Confused! NoWayyyyy

- Unknown Author

255NHL CBA Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:10 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

John Shannon: "So PA and League did have some contact this weekend. Still no word if they will sit and talk in person. Tough finding common ground."

https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/status/262714189724934144

256NHL CBA Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:47 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, some time this week the Winter Classic and All-Star games will get cancelled. I don't think anyone is doubting that. Seems there's some money to be paid out for the Winter Classic this week that is non-refundable which is probably driving that decision.

And as always, no talks planned.

Last edited by shabbs on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total

257NHL CBA Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:51 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:So, some time this week the Winter Classic and All-Star games will get cancelled. I don't think anyone is doubting that. Seems there's some money to be paid out for the World Classic this week that is non-refundable which is probably driving that decision.

And as always, no talks planned.

Haha, oh man, this is still going on eh...

258NHL CBA Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:01 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yep. Like a bad smell, it lingers...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum