GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+16
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SensHulk
spader
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
NEELY
wprager
sandysensfan
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 67]

616NHL CBA Talk - Page 42 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:16 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:I have been hanging on to my cable subscription just in case the NHL returns...I think it's about time to cancel it.

Make Rogers feel your pain.

617NHL CBA Talk - Page 42 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:17 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:They really should just go to some legally binding arbitration at this point.

What a Cussing disgraceful joke.

The NHLPA should put the best offer they have received from the NHL to a vote...I bet they'd be surprised at the support it receives.

If you exclude the ones playing overseas, it may be a real eye-opener.

618NHL CBA Talk - Page 42 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:24 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

The last lost season was to get the salary cap. We all knew the league could not survive without it considering about 73% of league revenue was going to players salary prior to the Cap.

The NHL got the salary cap.. the PA got everything else.. shorter UFA, etc.

The PA brought in Fehr to "WIN" this CBA. Fehr doesn't know hockey. Doesn't care about hockey. Doesn't care about the damage that will be done to the league... he is here to "win".

I don't support either side in this. BUT the players should be entitled to get their full salary from the contracts they signed. The NHL came with 'make whole' to do that -- but I believe not in yr 1.. probably because of a shortened season. The NHL also increased it's revenue sharing. So why can't the PA negotiate off of that.

I also don't understand why contracts have to be limited to 5 years either. If they put a variance in the contracts of 5% or whatever it is.. that would eliminate the front-end loaded deals. (which by the way some players will be losing out on the big bucks with no season this year) Contracts could be for any term they wanted.

Some fans are extremely angry (like me)... but there are others that just don't care. That's what the Owners and the players should fear the most... fans that just don't care.

We have heard Molson Coors is going to demand compensation from the NHL for lost revenue due to the lockout... are other sponsors going to do that?

This won't end good for anybody.. and I can't believe both sides are that stubborn or that stupid to lose a season.

With more & more players still heading to Europe.. makes me think the PA will not budge. They are forcing the NHL to cancel the season..

619NHL CBA Talk - Page 42 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:19 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:They really should just go to some legally binding arbitration at this point.

What a Cussing disgraceful joke.

The NHLPA should put the best offer they have received from the NHL to a vote...I bet they'd be surprised at the support it receives.

If you exclude the ones playing overseas, it may be a real eye-opener.

NHLPA has said they are willing to have a mediator. NHL not going there yet.

620NHL CBA Talk - Page 42 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:21 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mediators do not make a legally-binding, final decision either, just fyi.

621NHL CBA Talk - Page 42 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:35 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:Mediators do not make a legally-binding, final decision either, just fyi.

So I assume the mediator just 'recommends'? -- Then one side would refuse the deal... I wonder which side that would be?

622NHL CBA Talk - Page 42 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:37 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Few former NHLers (Healy and Ferarro) are saying if they took a vote today the players (majority) would accept the deal. Holes in the PA already in a big way.

623NHL CBA Talk - Page 42 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:03 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

sandysensfan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Mediators do not make a legally-binding, final decision either, just fyi.

So I assume the mediator just 'recommends'? -- Then one side would refuse the deal... I wonder which side that would be?
A mediator would act as a facilitator to finding common ground on the main issues. I doubt we'll see that happen with these two...

624NHL CBA Talk - Page 42 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What they need is an Arbitrator but, good luck with that.

- Unknown Author

625NHL CBA Talk - Page 42 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:38 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ok, so what the Diddle, Bettman suggests they take a 2 week break?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=409553

Are you kidding me?

626NHL CBA Talk - Page 42 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:13 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's like a lockout inside a lockout...

Seriously. Mind boggling. What the Diddle is wrong with Bettman? Is he just pissed at Fehr? He's on the verge of cancelling more games and wants a 2-week break....

Wow.

627NHL CBA Talk - Page 42 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:27 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm going to chalk it up and say Gary Bettman and Bill Daly and all them know how to negotiate more than any of us. I don't get why people get uppity over this stuff.

And it's a long weekend coming up anyway.

628NHL CBA Talk - Page 42 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:29 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Like really, taking a break doesn't really affect when a season can start. If they cancel games through December 15th then it's meaningless whether or not they are talking right now.

629NHL CBA Talk - Page 42 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:32 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Fair enough, I guess they don't feel the urgency yet. Which is a shame, but seems to be "the plan" according to many.

US Thanksgiving break it is.

630NHL CBA Talk - Page 42 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Fair enough, I guess they don't feel the urgency yet. Which is a shame, but seems to be "the plan" according to many.

US Thanksgiving break it is.

And I wasn't trying to belittle or pick on your post, hopefully didn't come across that way. Smile

I've gotten to the point where I don't really care what happens either way because I'm pretty busy right about now to even focus on the NHL if it were to start up again, but I still would like to see it return for the New Year at least. I just don't think some people realize that we've only been without real (regular season) hockey for about a month or so. It seems like it's been a lot longer but in reality it's a pretty short time so far.

631NHL CBA Talk - Page 42 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:22 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's an interesting look at how books are cooked in the NHL.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2012/11/16/nhl-lockout-why-do-billionaires-keep-buying-teams-that-lose-money/

632NHL CBA Talk - Page 42 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:52 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:Here's an interesting look at how books are cooked in the NHL.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2012/11/16/nhl-lockout-why-do-billionaires-keep-buying-teams-that-lose-money/
Heh. Not surprising, I think we're all under the impression that the owners paint a bleaker picture than it really is by moving things around and taking advantage of huge deductions etc... it's brutal, and you know Fehr and the NHLPA knows this too.

Good old HRR...

633NHL CBA Talk - Page 42 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:32 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Well, this just got even sillier:

It seems the NHLPA is discussing the Owners' bid to stop negotiating for two weeks. Still, agreement is uncertain. They can't even agree to stop negotiating. Facepalm
TSN's Aaron Ward was the first to report on an idea pitched by ownership in regards to a potential two-week moratorium on CBA negotiations.

the [proposed] next-step towards said CBA being not negotiating

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travis-Yost/You-Wont-Believe-the-NHLs-Latest-Proposal/134/47534

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum