GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+14
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
tim1_2
Ev
spader
sandysensfan
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

1NHL CBA Talk Empty NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:52 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Word around twitter last night was that the NHL has a 48-game season worked out to start in Jan.

I guess that's the next wave of deadlines.

Would they go lower than 48-games?

Is January the drop dead month?

I strongly doubt it.

At this point, I rather they shut the whole damn thing down so we can go on with the rest of our damn lives.

2NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Word around twitter last night was that the NHL has a 48-game season worked out to start in Jan.

I guess that's the next wave of deadlines.

Would they go lower than 48-games?

Is January the drop dead month?

I strongly doubt it.

At this point, I rather they shut the whole damn thing down so we can go on with the rest of our damn lives.

Precisely, old friend.

3NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:03 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, was Jacobs throwing his weight around at a recent BOG with the "new" Winnipeg reps?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/NHL-denies-Jacobs-reprimanded-Jets-rep-over-lockout-criticism-181266241.html

The old boys club is alive and well...

4NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:07 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeBrun: NHL-NHLPA meeting with mediators to resume at 11 am ET

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/274137116819218433

5NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:19 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lots of talk these days about how it's Jeremy Jacobs running the show in the NHL BOG, and of course controlling the lockout. Not sure how true that is, we're not inside those walls. Seems like we have owners that love hockey that are not even getting a say. The owners "controlling" things don't give a flying Diddle about hockey and only care about balance sheets.

'Tis a sad reality I guess...

6NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:06 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Lots of talk these days about how it's Jeremy Jacobs running the show in the NHL BOG, and of course controlling the lockout. Not sure how true that is, we're not inside those walls. Seems like we have owners that love hockey that are not even getting a say. The owners "controlling" things don't give a flying Diddle about hockey and only care about balance sheets.

Jacobs is really a big teddy bear. Just ask the kids he hires to play his grandchildren for the holidays.

7NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:07 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yup, Jacobs is an a**hole, no question. Won't find many, if anyone, take to the defence of that man.

8NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:45 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jacobs came out as a big loser in the 2 years after the the last lockout. The team bottomed out. Maybe he's still mad about that despite winning a Cup since then and is taking it out on the NHLPA now.

Who knows what's going on in those minds...

Time for some of the big team's owners to step up and have sanity prevail.

9NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:21 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

That time has passed. McGuire was saying that the moderate need to hijack the agenda. This has definitely not happened and the fans are paying the price. I hope that whenever they do come back, fans will boycott; at least partially.

10NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:35 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, it's gonna take a mutiny in the BOG to change their ways... and personally, I think the NHLPA would crack before that happens.

11NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:That time has passed. McGuire was saying that the moderate need to hijack the agenda. This has definitely not happened and the fans are paying the price. I hope that whenever they do come back, fans will boycott; at least partially.

On the NHL or NHLPA side ? (or both)

Both sides have hardliners who are dominating the negotiations.

12NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Interesting to see the NBA and NFL mediation times... NBA was 3 days, NFL was 17 days. Neither produced any results.

13NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:26 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Lots of talk these days about how it's Jeremy Jacobs running the show in the NHL BOG, and of course controlling the lockout. Not sure how true that is, we're not inside those walls. Seems like we have owners that love hockey that are not even getting a say. The owners "controlling" things don't give a flying Diddle about hockey and only care about balance sheets.

Jacobs apparently is a hardliner. If he is mainly the one not 'giving' in all of this.. it's time for the others to get together to 'override' him... One Owner should not have that much power...

14NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:29 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Interesting to see the NBA and NFL mediation times... NBA was 3 days, NFL was 17 days. Neither produced any results.

This one won't either.

The NHLPA has to have gone through mediation before they can decertify... so that's there plan.

15NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#CBA Can confirm meeting is over for the day. No progress. Sounds like that's it for mediation process entirely. Two sides too far apart

LOL so much for mediation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum