GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+14
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
tim1_2
Ev
spader
sandysensfan
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

16NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:26 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Lots of talk these days about how it's Jeremy Jacobs running the show in the NHL BOG, and of course controlling the lockout. Not sure how true that is, we're not inside those walls. Seems like we have owners that love hockey that are not even getting a say. The owners "controlling" things don't give a flying Diddle about hockey and only care about balance sheets.

'Tis a sad reality I guess...

Jacobs apparently is a hardliner. If he is mainly the one not 'giving' in all of this.. it's time for the others to get together to 'override' him... One Owner should not have that much power...

17NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:29 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Interesting to see the NBA and NFL mediation times... NBA was 3 days, NFL was 17 days. Neither produced any results.

This one won't either.

The NHLPA has to have gone through mediation before they can decertify... so that's there plan.

18NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#CBA Can confirm meeting is over for the day. No progress. Sounds like that's it for mediation process entirely. Two sides too far apart

LOL so much for mediation.

19NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:37 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:That time has passed. McGuire was saying that the moderate need to hijack the agenda. This has definitely not happened and the fans are paying the price. I hope that whenever they do come back, fans will boycott; at least partially.

On the NHL or NHLPA side ? (or both)

Both sides have hardliners who are dominating the negotiations.

Yeah, the moderates from both sides have to take control for this to ever be resolved.

20NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Pretty much impossible given the way the NHLPA and NHL are structured.

Next step, the players will decertify.

21NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:10 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#CBA Can confirm meeting is over for the day. No progress. Sounds like that's it for mediation process entirely. Two sides too far apart

I just want Bettman to cancel the season now. I'm getting pretty sick and tired of the arrogance on both sides. The PR propoganda and the lies.

I'm would guess the mediators went away shaking their heads at how stupid these people really are -- and how greedy.

22NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:04 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So.... decertification tomorrow?

23NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:05 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

sandysensfan wrote:
Hoags wrote:Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN

I just want Bettman to cancel the season now. I'm getting pretty sick and tired of the arrogance on both sides. The PR propoganda and the lies.

I'm would guess the mediators went away shaking their heads at how stupid these people really are -- and how greedy.
Would love to hear some candid comments from the mediators...

24NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:20 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, mediation fails, what's next?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/181447601.html

"The NHL has proposed to the union that there be a meeting between a sampling of owners and players with no leadership from either side, meaning no Gary Bettman, Daly or Fehr Brothers.

In other words, Bettman has proposed that he is fine leaving the room. It's clear at this point that the league doesn't believe it'll ever get a deal done with the Fehrs standing in the way."

That should be interesting. A brawl might break out.

25NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:02 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:So, mediation fails, what's next?

"The NHL has proposed to the union that there be a meeting between a sampling of owners and players with no leadership from either side, meaning no Gary Bettman, Daly or Fehr Brothers.

In other words, Bettman has proposed that he is fine leaving the room. It's clear at this point that the league doesn't believe it'll ever get a deal done with the Fehrs standing in the way."

I wonder if they'll get something done with the egos out of the room.

26NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:11 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeBrun suggested the NHLPA should ask that all 30 team owners be invited but that Jacobs be barred. Heh heh.

27NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:27 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I read that as "LeBron" at first

28NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:41 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hey. Maybe LeBron can help out too... try anything!

29NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:55 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:So, mediation fails, what's next?

I wonder if they'll get something done with the egos out of the room.

I think there are plenty of egos left over on both sides.

30NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:02 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Noticed an interesting comment in BooBoo's article today:

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/11/29/nhl-players-cut-out-the-mediator-no-further-cba-talks-planned

"Reports indicate Fehr can no longer decertify because of the timing. It could mean the NHLPA files a Disclaimer of Interest."

What timing is he referring to?

31NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:05 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Filing a Disclaimer of Interest accomplishes the same thing and is a much quicker route, but I'm not sure what's up with the timing and why Fehr can't do it now.

32NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:44 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Noticed an interesting comment in BooBoo's article today:

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/11/29/nhl-players-cut-out-the-mediator-no-further-cba-talks-planned

"Reports indicate Fehr can no longer decertify because of the timing. It could mean the NHLPA files a Disclaimer of Interest."

What timing is he referring to?

It takes several months to go through the decertification process. If they do that, the season is toast. And it's not Fehr who decertifies, it's the players who must vote and submit the papers.

A disclaimer of interest is much faster and essentially the same thing although if this gets to court the judge might make a distinction.

33NHL CBA Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:18 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I interpreted BooBoo's comments as it was no longer possible for them to decertify, which is flat out wrong. They can decertify at any time.

Yeah, it will take time and decertifying now won't save the season but the act of filing for decertification may be enough to push them closer, who knows. Disclaiming Interest allows them to re-form the Union pretty quickly if a deal is reached.

This is beyond redonk though, just cancel the season, it's toast.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum