GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Filatov sent to the AHL

+11
Ev
Hoags
shabbs
Flo The Action
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Da lil Guy
SensGirl11
NEELY
tim1_2
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1Filatov sent to the AHL Empty Filatov sent to the AHL Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just now...

2Filatov sent to the AHL Empty Re: Filatov sent to the AHL Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:10 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yep. No biggie, unless his attitude is poopy. He needs to play. Look at some other guys to spend time in the AHL last season (Karlsson, Greening, etc...). He doesn't have to look far for inspiration. It's up to him, what he makes of it.

3Filatov sent to the AHL Empty Re: Filatov sent to the AHL Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:14 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yup, he needs to play and obviously they feel both Zibanejad and Da Costa are ahead in their development. Let him go down there, figure out how to score again, and really gain some confidence. It's the best thing for him right now.

4Filatov sent to the AHL Empty Re: Filatov sent to the AHL Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:17 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Will he report?

5Filatov sent to the AHL Empty Re: Filatov sent to the AHL Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:18 pm

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

I think 6 games from now he'll come back and Zibanejad will leave (hopefully to the A, and not the SEL).

6Filatov sent to the AHL Empty Re: Filatov sent to the AHL Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:20 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

He has a contract in Sweden, if he doesn't stick in Ottawa he's going back to Sweden.

As for Filatov, he needs to find his confidence and he needs to learn how to be successful in NA. Tons of talent and raw skill but does not know how to apply it. Like I was saying, he is much more of a project than people expect or believe and Da Costa and Zibanejad, while younger are a lot more polished as players.

7Filatov sent to the AHL Empty Re: Filatov sent to the AHL Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A little hard work and coach Kleinendorst are pretty much a recipe for a quick return to the NHL.

8Filatov sent to the AHL Empty Re: Filatov sent to the AHL Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is a good move - if he reports. If he doesn't, we wasted a 3rd rounder - which, while not great, is still a good risk.

9Filatov sent to the AHL Empty Re: Filatov sent to the AHL Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:This is a good move - if he reports. If he doesn't, we wasted a 3rd rounder - which, while not great, is still a good risk.

I wouldn't worry. As acrimonious as his relationship turned with Columbus, he did play for their AHL affiliate. This is a fresh start whether it's in the AHL or the NHL/.

10Filatov sent to the AHL Empty Re: Filatov sent to the AHL Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:33 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

He needs to gain some confidence, you can tell in the games he is playing he doesn't know what to do out there on the offensive side of things.

While a guy like Hitchcock may have taught him things about the defensive part of the game, he killed any creativity he may have had. It's time to go down there, concentrate on putting the puck in the net and try and be the player he wants to be.

11Filatov sent to the AHL Empty Re: Filatov sent to the AHL Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:This is a good move - if he reports. If he doesn't, we wasted a 3rd rounder - which, while not great, is still a good risk.

I wouldn't worry. As acrimonious as his relationship turned with Columbus, he did play for their AHL affiliate. This is a fresh start whether it's in the AHL or the NHL/.

Pretty much. While I'm not real impressed with the look he got, I still think he's got the talent to go down there, score 10 or so goals, get some instruction + confidence, then come back up here.

He really shouldn't have Cussed around in practice though, that really didn't work out for him.

12Filatov sent to the AHL Empty Re: Filatov sent to the AHL Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:47 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Pretty much. While I'm not real impressed with the look he got, I still think he's got the talent to go down there, score 10 or so goals, get some instruction + confidence, then come back up here.

He really shouldn't have Cussed around in practice though, that really didn't work out for him.

What look would you want him to get? Who does he go in for? They don't want him playing 5 mins a night on the 4th line and don't want him sitting in the press box. He didn't beat anyone out for a top 6 spot so it's not like he was deserving of an extra look at this point either.

He has lost any offensive creativity he may have had.

13Filatov sent to the AHL Empty Re: Filatov sent to the AHL Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not sure. I liked how he looked in pre-season a lot. Game 1, he was okay in, Game 2 he was invisible, but I thought he'd be given a solid 6-7 games before a choice was made.

As I said in another thread, he got beaten out by Greening + Da Costa, but the dude didn't get much of a look in the NHL.

Meh...w/e, I'm sure he'll kill the AHL.

14Filatov sent to the AHL Empty Re: Filatov sent to the AHL Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:54 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Not sure. I liked how he looked in pre-season a lot. Game 1, he was okay in, Game 2 he was invisible, but I thought he'd be given a solid 6-7 games before a choice was made.

As I said in another thread, he got beaten out by Greening + Da Costa, but the dude didn't get much of a look in the NHL.

Meh...w/e, I'm sure he'll kill the AHL.

He got beaten out, exactly. He looked great in the pre-season and still didn't score a goal. He needs to find a scoring touch and he won't find it in Ottawa. Needs to be built back up. Columbus screwed him up in a lot of ways.

15Filatov sent to the AHL Empty Re: Filatov sent to the AHL Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Filatov, maybe Rundblad soon, too. Bingo is going to be kicking a$$.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum