GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall

+23
The Silfer Server
DefenceWinsChampionships
dennycrane
SensGirl11
stempniaksen
sandysensfan
TheAvatar
asq2
wprager
LethalLehner
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Flo The Action
tim1_2
spader
Riprock
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
NEELY
cash
Hoags
PTFlea
27 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 21]

1Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Empty Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Thought we'd start a new thread.

Tiny risk, MASSIVE reward.

2Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Potential for massive reward I should say. Hopefully Alfie takes him under his wing and nurtures him like he did Karlsson. Spezza too, if they can both surround him and push him, this could be the steal of the year.

3Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

What a steal !

Gonchar could earn that $5.5M we're paying him by helping him out as well

4Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:31 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

NEELY wrote:Did we really get Filatov for the 66th?

5Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, Gonchar too. Damn...really excite.d

6Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:31 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Gonchar being in Ottawa is now a must if they want Filatov to hit any part of his potential. I think it's safe to say Kuba will be on his way out.

7Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:31 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

just thought I'd get that ^ out of the way...

8Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:31 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

cash wrote:
NEELY wrote:Did we really get Filatov for the 66th?

No way that happened.

9Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:33 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is there a reliable source on this????

10Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:34 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Is there a reliable source on this????

Like the team, the NHL network, sens twitter, Columbus twitter?

11Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:35 pm

I'm all for this. Good job Murray!

12Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:43 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Yep, this is a great move no matter how it tries out. Might as well swing for the fence on one pick when you had four in between 36 and 66. Big opportunity in front of Filatov here, and for the organization in general.

13Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:44 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I really hope it works out.

Hopefully he comes to camp with an open mind and the Sens' can handle him properly

He seems like a Zherdev right now.

14Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:56 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Someone said an hour ago or so that this was Anderson-for-Elliott all over again -- so much to be gained, so little to be lost by the move. I tend to agree. I just don't see any real negative here. Worst case, he busts, and we're out a 3rd. Well. we drafted 4 other players in the top 61 anyway, so whatever.

We could afford to make this move precisely because of all the dealing BM did leading up to the trade deadline.

15Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa for 66th overall Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:10 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

LMAO @ Mark Christopher: "I wonder if we bought Columbus dinner before we made the Filatov trade...."

Bryan Murray has just owned this years draft.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 21]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum