GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc.

+13
dennycrane
wprager
Flo The Action
stempniaksen
tim1_2
NEELY
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Hoags
sandysensfan
Ev
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Apparently Leino is now asking for $4.5 million.

Source? Because that's Cussing dumb and I don't believe it. 3.5, sure, 4.5, no.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If anyone had Zherdev on their list, I think he just attacked his wife, so I doubt that's a go (not that I heard anyone wanted him).

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Insider on Dobber. He doesn't relay BS.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:If anyone had Zherdev on their list, I think he just attacked his wife, so I doubt that's a go (not that I heard anyone wanted him).

That's what she kept telling him, over and over. Then there was the laughter when he couldn't "perform." Not saying she was asking for it but yeah.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Insider on Dobber. He doesn't relay BS.

And when he's offered a max of 3.5?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:If anyone had Zherdev on their list, I think he just attacked his wife, so I doubt that's a go (not that I heard anyone wanted him).

There's a reason every team in the NHL passed up taking him on waivers just before the deadline.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

The UFA crop is W-E-A-K, would not be surprised in the least if he came close to that number, but it won't be from Ottawa.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ottawa doesn't need to make anymore moves. Just develop the kids this season.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Ottawa doesn't need to make anymore moves. Just develop the kids this season.

Exactly... Sens don't need UFA's... just let them play.
They are not going to contend for the Cup.. so why waste the cap room. Wait until 2012 when you know how the young guys develop next season.. then you can 'take' a team in cap hell with the new CBA -- then get a good forward if needed.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Ottawa doesn't need to make anymore moves. Just develop the kids this season.

_________ - Spezza - Butler
Michalek - Regin - Alfredsson
Greening - Foligno - Neil
Winchester - Z.Smith - Condra
13th forward: Shannon

1st call ups: Da Costa, Silfverberg etc.

We have one space- maybe 2 if we let Condra develop another year in the AHL - unless I'm missing someone.

EDIT: You can't go into next season with that roster - that's...a black hole offensively. It'll be bad enough once we buy someone, but the more I think about it, not getting a UFA = we could set some offensive records - the negative ones.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It's not unlikely to say that Butler, Greening and Condra could score 20 a piece. Foligno might as well too.

I would also say Michalek is at least another 20,... 30 tops. Same with Spezza. Alfie might be able to do 20.

Gonchar and Karlsson could add another 20-30 combined.

That's not bad for a team likely to finish bottom 10.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:It's not unlikely to say that Butler, Greening and Condra could score 20 a piece. Foligno might as well too.

I would also say Michalek is at least another 20,... 30 tops. Same with Spezza. Alfie might be able to do 20.

Gonchar and Karlsson could add another 20-30 combined.

That's not bad for a team likely to finish bottom 10.

I think they could if they got top 6 minutes, but I doubt Greening or Condra get top 6 minutes. We'd be better off to say 10-15 for Greening and between 10-15 for Condra - I really don't think they'll get that many next year - I'm not even sure if Condra will make it out of camp (although, I think he will). Butler is a guy who I think can get 20-25 legitimately.

I agree with your other assessments, just think we need to be careful on projecting anything more than 15 and 10 respectively for Greening and Condra.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

they both got 6 in 24 games as rookies. 20 might be high, but is not out of reach. IIRC, a few of those might have been SHG's too.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:they both got 6 in 24 games as rookies. 20 might be high, but is not out of reach. IIRC, a few of those might have been SHG's too.

Don't get me wrong, I hope so...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Please let's just play it safe, don't predict anyone to score 20 goals besides Spezza. I only say this because of what happened last year. Some people had like 9 guys scoring 20 goals.

Last edited by Big Ev on Thu May 19, 2011 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezzD already predicting the # of goals for the Sens players next season?

Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:SpezzD already predicting the # of goals for the Sens players next season?

Wink

No, no, no, no. There's one Z is Spez boys. Beer

EDIT: Probably too obscure a reference, it's from Top Gun. Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:

_________ - Spezza - Butler
Michalek - Regin - Alfredsson
Greening - Foligno - Neil
Winchester - Z.Smith - Condra
13th forward: Shannon

1st call ups: Da Costa, Silfverberg etc.

We have one space- maybe 2 if we let Condra develop another year in the AHL - unless I'm missing someone.

EDIT: You can't go into next season with that roster - that's...a black hole offensively. It'll be bad enough once we buy someone, but the more I think about it, not getting a UFA = we could set some offensive records - the negative ones.

I don't see how you keep Shannon out of *that* lineup, personally. Foligno has not played center in a long time (or when he did, it was not memorable). This draft needs to get us a guy who can split 2/3 line center duties with Regin, and become a legitimate #2 center in a couple of years. Then you slide Foligno to wing and make Winchester the 13th forward. He hasn't earned a full time spot in that lineup IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum