GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc.

+13
dennycrane
wprager
Flo The Action
stempniaksen
tim1_2
NEELY
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Hoags
sandysensfan
Ev
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Laich is currently playing on the third line in Washington. I laich him but he fits the mold as a Max Talbot in my opinion. Better at putting the puck in the net but is the same type of player. Talbot would be cheaper. Just my preference though.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
Agreed. Although, if the Caps bow out early in the playoffs, they may be looking at wholesale changes. Who knows? Time will tell, but Laich is definitely my favourite potential UFA. If nothing else, I hope Murray takes a run at him.

If Washington flames out, they'll fire Boudreau, I doubt they'll make significant roster changes.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There needs to be more Leino in these discussions IMO.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:There needs to be more Leino in these discussions IMO.

I think Philly will make other moves to create cap space for him, he's been very good for them (especially in the playoffs). He doesn't strike me as a player who is not in their long-term plans.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not a fan of Leino as I've said before. Pass.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:There needs to be more Leino in these discussions IMO.

I think Philly will make other moves to create cap space for him, he's been very good for them (especially in the playoffs). He doesn't strike me as a player who is not in their long-term plans.

Oh yeah? Can I have me some Briere or Carter then please? Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Not a fan of Leino as I've said before. Pass.

Buy why...he's such a good player. If he was given top 6 minutes in Ottawa, I think he'd be a real bargain at 3.5-4. Good character, a lot of desire. What makes you not like him?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Oh yeah? Can I have me some Briere or Carter then please? Smile

Hartnell and Versteeg will be moved before those two, the asking price would also be massive.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
Hartnell and Versteeg will be moved before those two, the asking price would also be massive.

No chance they can move Hartnell at 4.2 million + a NMC.

Versteeg is *almost* as unlikely @ 3.1 million IMO, but they might find a taker. They certainly won't recoup their 1st rounder though (again, IMO). I think they're stuck with him.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Versteeg is *almost* as unlikely @ 3.1 million IMO, but they might find a taker. They certainly won't recoup their 1st rounder though (again, IMO). I think they're stuck with him.

Hartnell would be difficult but I can't see them moving their #2 and #3 scorers either except as a last resort.

Versteeg has been traded before and will be again (if only to the Islanders so they can hit the cap floor).

We couldn't afford the asking price for either anyway.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I 100% believe Leino's stats are inflated due to the team he is on. Hell look at Meszaros. $3.5 million or $4 million for him is ridiculous in my opinion. Too expensive, pass.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

If he keeps up his current level of play we can probably get Dustin Penner from LA for cheap now Laugh1

Murray can fulfill half of his ideal Heatley trade if he wants to.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
Hartnell would be difficult but I can't see them moving their #2 and #3 scorers either except as a last resort.

Versteeg has been traded before and will be again (if only to the Islanders so they can hit the cap floor).

We couldn't afford the asking price for either anyway.

Either of Hartnell or Versteeg? We're talking the Gagne trade all over again for those two - the softest of all soft trades. Too bad Versteeg is not wanted here and Hartnell is not going anywhere (nor do I personally want him in the least).

Now Briere, I agree, the price would be too high, ditto Carter.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:If he keeps up his current level of play we can probably get Dustin Penner from LA for cheap now Laugh1

Murray can fulfill half of his ideal Heatley trade if he wants to.

Yeah, we may have lucked out by not acquiring him. He's looked like crap out there (although last game was slightly better).

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

With Glencross due a raise and the Flames tight to the cap it seems like the perfect target.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:With Glencross due a raise and the Flames tight to the cap it seems like the perfect target.

Yeah, it looks like a fit to me. The prior BM connection weighs big in my mind. Laich would be the guy I would want, Leino would be a guy I could settle for (reluctantly), but Glencross looks like a fit, all things considered.

This is how I felt about Anderson about a month or two before we traded for him, btw: the best fit for this team right now, all reasonable/realistic options considered.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Glencross is a nice option and he can lead the way with all the college kids coming up as well. If anyone knows the road less traveled it's him. I am not convinced he is a top 6 forward but if he isn't he's a fantastic 3rd line guy. Probably a good guy to try and lock up to a 3 or 4 year deal, you may not get a ton of offense on a lot of nights but you will get something out of him.

Ottawa absolutely needs a guy who can play in the top 6 right now though. If they can somehow draft Landeskog that is obviously a huge step in the right direction, he might not be a top 6 guy right away but he will be.

A lot of unknowns in Ottawa right now and somethings are going to have to play out for everyone to get answer but by mid summer, people should know.

I would want no part of Leino for what it's worth. Don't trust guys who put up decent numbers on great teams playing 3rd line mins.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Maybe it looks something like this...

Michalek/Spezza/Butler
Glencross/Regin/Alfi
Greening/Smith/Landeskog
Foligno/Winchester/Neil
Condra

Probably not the best lineup but perhaps the most realistic. No shortness of character and toughness in there though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum