GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc.

+13
dennycrane
wprager
Flo The Action
stempniaksen
tim1_2
NEELY
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Hoags
sandysensfan
Ev
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
dennycrane wrote:Ribeiro? Dumped by Montreal as a cancer in the dressing room, all he did last year was get arrested.

Did he? For what? In which case, that's probably not an optimum idea.

It was for Dung charges IIRC.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Mike-Ribeiro-arrested-for-public-intoxication-af?urn=nhl-276106

It was pretty much nothing as Evan said.

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNw8ZZT8tOU&feature=related

Classic video I had not seen in a while.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:BTW, Silfverberg said today that he's open to signing with Ottawa, but would prefer if Ottawa signed him and loaned him back to Brynas. If we want him to come overseas, he says he'd have to 'think about it'.

Not sure what to make of that, but if he's intent on getting better in Sweden and thinks it can make a big difference, then go for it, but if we ask/tell you to come and play a year in the AHL with Lehner, etc., then you do as you're told please!

Well, in that case I hope one of his parents or grandparents are at death's door and he wants to spend a little more time with them. Anything else, pretty much, makes me wonder WTH.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:BTW, Silfverberg said today that he's open to signing with Ottawa, but would prefer if Ottawa signed him and loaned him back to Brynas. If we want him to come overseas, he says he'd have to 'think about it'.

Not sure what to make of that, but if he's intent on getting better in Sweden and thinks it can make a big difference, then go for it, but if we ask/tell you to come and play a year in the AHL with Lehner, etc., then you do as you're told please!

Well, in that case I hope one of his parents or grandparents are at death's door and he wants to spend a little more time with them. Anything else, pretty much, makes me wonder WTH.

It's his hometown team right? Maybe he doesn't feel he's ready to move yet, or isn't ready for NA hockey yet.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:How about Mike Ribeiro? There was a time I would have scoffed at that idea, but we could use some skill on line 2 - and Dallas may want to sign Richards and dump Riberio as a soft trade.

How about NO.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:How about Mike Ribeiro? There was a time I would have scoffed at that idea, but we could use some skill on line 2 - and Dallas may want to sign Richards and dump Riberio as a soft trade.

How about NO.

Yeah? We can't be too choosy here, Ribeiro has grown up a lot as a player and posted some major numbers in Dallas - including 71 points last year and roundabout 150 in the last 2 years. If he's cleaned up his act - the arrest last year disregarded - then why wouldn't the Sens want a legitimate 70+ point 2nd line C?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

How about NO.

Yeah? We can't be too choosy here, Ribeiro has grown up a lot as a player and posted some major numbers in Dallas - including 71 points last year and roundabout 150 in the last 2 years. If he's cleaned up his act - the arrest last year disregarded - then why wouldn't the Sens want a legitimate 70+ point 2nd line C?

He would be a big hit in the local Portuguese community. Do it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

How about NO.

I'll take Ribs. He's a solid second line centre.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Looks like a quick fix though. I'd still sooner see the team grow than bring in an idiot. I don't care how many points he gets.

BTW, Ribeiro has been in the NHL for parts of 11 seasons and has only 5 goals in 42 playoff games.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

dennycrane wrote:Looks like a quick fix though. I'd still sooner see the team grow than bring in an idiot. I don't care how many points he gets.

BTW, Ribeiro has been in the NHL for parts of 11 seasons and has only 5 goals in 42 playoff games.

If he's under 30 -- Murray may take a look at him but I doubt it.. should be curious to see what he does. What about Weiss in Florida?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:
If he's under 30 -- Murray may take a look at him but I doubt it.. should be curious to see what he does. What about Weiss in Florida?

Weiss would cost a lot, I don't think we want to go there. That would be our 6th overall +.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently Leino is now asking for $4.5 million.

Big Ev wrote:Apparently Leino is now asking for $4.5 million.

Over the course of two seasons, right?

No way that guy is worth $4.5 million.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:

Over the course of two seasons, right?

No way that guy is worth $4.5 million.

Nope, per season. And I agree.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Source? Because that's Cussing dumb and I don't believe it. 3.5, sure, 4.5, no.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If anyone had Zherdev on their list, I think he just attacked his wife, so I doubt that's a go (not that I heard anyone wanted him).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Source? Because that's Cussing dumb and I don't believe it. 3.5, sure, 4.5, no.

Insider on Dobber. He doesn't relay BS.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum