GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc.

+13
dennycrane
wprager
Flo The Action
stempniaksen
tim1_2
NEELY
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Hoags
sandysensfan
Ev
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
I don't see how you keep Shannon out of *that* lineup, personally. Foligno has not played center in a long time (or when he did, it was not memorable). This draft needs to get us a guy who can split 2/3 line center duties with Regin, and become a legitimate #2 center in a couple of years. Then you slide Foligno to wing and make Winchester the 13th forward. He hasn't earned a full time spot in that lineup IMO.

I think Winchester's played well enough to be a permanent fixture on our 4th line - plays hard, forechecks well, hits, good at cycling the puck, defensively responsible. Hasn't found an offensive game, but that happens when you're playing on a 4th line. I don't think you can keep him out of the lineup IMO.

122OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Fri May 20, 2011 10:04 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Shannon plays hard, kills penalties, mans the point on the powerplay, and scores.

123OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Fri May 20, 2011 10:20 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Shannon plays hard, kills penalties, mans the point on the powerplay, and scores.

You're preaching to the converted if you're referring to me, but not at the expense of Winchester's spot on the team. Winchester is a perfect 4th line C, cheap, good on faceoffs, smart, big, solid PKer. Shannon should and hopefully will be the 13th forward, I don't care if he takes the spot of a call up frankly, we always have injuries, they'll get their chance.

124OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Fri May 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We just signed Shannon's replacement.

125OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Fri May 20, 2011 11:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:We just signed Shannon's replacement.

Greening and Smith were a part of those lines I posted, Da Costa may or may not make the team out of camp, that's a risk.

126OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Fri May 20, 2011 11:22 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

We're rebuilding ... roster spots should go to prospects.

127OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Fri May 20, 2011 11:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

IMO, no matter what Da Costa has to beef up this summer and have a good training camp/pre-season, we're not handing out spots here, some of these guys need AHL time - and the more they get, the more fundamentals they can learn, the better they'll be. Same with 6th overall, if it's Strome, he probably wont be in the pros next year. Silfverberg has recently said again that he'd sign with Ottawa, but would prefer to stay in Sweden this year. O'Brien is close, but another AHL year would help to maintain the level of offense he showed. And on and on...IMO, there's room for Butler, Greening, Z.Smith and probably one more of Da Costa, Condra, Silfverberg, Potulny. Other than that we're not flush with elite forward talent and I don't think we have another spot to give frankly.

128OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Fri May 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:We're rebuilding ... roster spots should go to prospects.
i have to agree. Shannon would be good to sign if the most important thing for us was to win. And i mean we do want to win, but giving experience to our prospects might supersede having a guy like Shannon around. he might make us better or at least more competitive in the short term but in the long term we should be letting our young prospects a shot. especially that we might start to have alot of young players in Bingo waiting for the call up next year.

129OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Sun May 22, 2011 10:08 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

- Shea Weber contract talks are undergoing, rumoured that Preds are looking at Keith and Seabrook figures while Weber might be looking at Chara's.

- Apparently the Blue Jacket's would be happy to get a 3rd round pick for Filatov.

- Andrew Ladd does not want to play in Winnipeg which means as an RFA he would likely sign an offer sheet if presented or refuse to play and force a trade.

- Red Wings looking for a d-man and if Shea Weber only signs a one-year deal that takes him to UFA status next year, they may wait until then.

http://spectorshockey.net/wordpress/?p=5458

130OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Sun May 22, 2011 10:49 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wow 3rd round pick for Filatov? sign me up...not even a huge risk giving up a 3rd

131OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Sun May 22, 2011 11:39 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If that IS true, Ottawa should take the small risk, seeing as how we have a couple of 2nd's as it is. So a 3rd is a small risk for a former top 10.

132OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Sun May 22, 2011 11:42 am

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Not for an underperformaning Russian. Had enough of that with Kovalev.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:- Shea Weber contract talks are undergoing, rumoured that Preds are looking at Keith and Seabrook figures while Weber might be looking at Chara's.

- Apparently the Blue Jacket's would be happy to get a 3rd round pick for Filatov.

- Andrew Ladd does not want to play in Winnipeg which means as an RFA he would likely sign an offer sheet if presented or refuse to play and force a trade.

- Red Wings looking for a d-man and if Shea Weber only signs a one-year deal that takes him to UFA status next year, they may wait until then.

http://spectorshockey.net/wordpress/?p=5458

Sign me right up for Andrew Ladd - right up! That would be 100% perfect for Ottawa, we need to acquire him.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

NAS 1st for Ladd? Too much?

How about a 2nd? Too little?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:Not for an underperformaning Russian. Had enough of that with Kovalev.

Right, call a guy who's 20 and who's never had a fair chance "Kovalev".

Giving up a 3rd for a guy like him is an easy decision.

He'd look great next to Spezza.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Diddle Andrew Ladd. The guy's Canadian and he would refuse to play in a Canadian market? Diddle him. He wouldn't want to play in Ottawa either if that's the case.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wait, Dash I'm pretty sure you read that wrong:

LeBrun cautions not to read into this as meaning Ladd, a restricted free agent, doesn’t want to play in Winnipeg if that’s where the team ends up, but rather the two sides simply haven’t yet been able to agree on a new contract.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:Not for an underperformaning Russian. Had enough of that with Kovalev.

Right, call a guy who's 20 and who's never had a fair chance "Kovalev".

Giving up a 3rd for a guy like him is an easy decision.

He'd look great next to Spezza.

If he is so good... why do they want to trade him?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum