GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc.

+13
dennycrane
wprager
Flo The Action
stempniaksen
tim1_2
NEELY
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Hoags
sandysensfan
Ev
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Diddle Andrew Ladd. The guy's Canadian and he would refuse to play in a Canadian market? Diddle him. He wouldn't want to play in Ottawa either if that's the case.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wait, Dash I'm pretty sure you read that wrong:

LeBrun cautions not to read into this as meaning Ladd, a restricted free agent, doesn’t want to play in Winnipeg if that’s where the team ends up, but rather the two sides simply haven’t yet been able to agree on a new contract.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:Not for an underperformaning Russian. Had enough of that with Kovalev.

Right, call a guy who's 20 and who's never had a fair chance "Kovalev".

Giving up a 3rd for a guy like him is an easy decision.

He'd look great next to Spezza.

If he is so good... why do they want to trade him?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:Not for an underperformaning Russian. Had enough of that with Kovalev.

Right, call a guy who's 20 and who's never had a fair chance "Kovalev".

Giving up a 3rd for a guy like him is an easy decision.

He'd look great next to Spezza.

If he is so good... why do they want to trade him?

Because they are impatient? Because it's Columbus?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

how can people say the Sharks are choking? They are SUPPOSED to lose this series.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Filatov also wants to play in the NHL and Columbus risks losing him for nothing if he leaves for the KHL.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:NAS 1st for Ladd? Too much?

How about a 2nd? Too little?

Nashville 1st + piece (not too big a piece though). Perfect player for Ottawa.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

not too long ago i would of jumped on Filatov. if he can agree to play a full year in the AHL and follow the program then i`ll give him a shot. but i don`t want him jumping ships after a few months back to the KHL.

144OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 10 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Mon May 23, 2011 11:29 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:not too long ago i would of jumped on Filatov. if he can agree to play a full year in the AHL and follow the program then i`ll give him a shot. but i don`t want him jumping ships after a few months back to the KHL.

why would you care if all you gave up was a third round pick?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:not too long ago i would of jumped on Filatov. if he can agree to play a full year in the AHL and follow the program then i`ll give him a shot. but i don`t want him jumping ships after a few months back to the KHL.

why would you care if all you gave up was a third round pick?
well i would rather have a pick that might turn out then a guy who'll never see the NHL. I know the kid wants to be a star but will he ever be? besides i don't think a 3rd will cut it. he's no longuer worth a 1st but a 2nd maybe. to some.

i'm not saying we should pass up, i'm just saying he needs much more evaluation and be interviewed before making that decision.
Aslo i doubts BM picks up a russian with issues.

SpezDispenser wrote:

Seems steep for Ladd who seems (to me at least) to be a "big fish in a small pond" in Atlanta. I doubt he replicates that kind of success elsewhere unless he's given all the big minutes. It's only this last season in Atlanta that he's had top minutes. He has historically been a 3rd line type talent.

I'd keep the pick. It seems likely that you'd get at least that with a mid first, and have the benefit of not having to pay him Ladd dollars for a few years.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Seems steep for Ladd who seems (to me at least) to be a "big fish in a small pond" in Atlanta. I doubt he replicates that kind of success elsewhere unless he's given all the big minutes. It's only this last season in Atlanta that he's had top minutes. He has historically been a 3rd line type talent.

I'd keep the pick. It seems likely that you'd get at least that with a mid first, and have the benefit of not having to pay him Ladd dollars for a few years.

Ladd with Spezza = good times IMO. Perhaps 25 goals, maybe even 30. I really, really like him a lot - from his attitude all the way to the way he plays the game. I understand what you mean by wanting to keep the pick though.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I think I agree. I'm not completely sold on Ladd yet and I really want to see what our scouts can do with the 6 in 65.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Ladd with Spezza = good times IMO. Perhaps 25 goals, maybe even 30. I really, really like him a lot - from his attitude all the way to the way he plays the game. I understand what you mean by wanting to keep the pick though.
Ladd would be a good second line center IMO but i'm not willing to part with a 1st rounder. maybe another deal that doesn't see us losing a top prospect and a high pick? a 2nd + weircoch? maybe too low eh?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Remember how a lot of us were hoping Ottawa would sign Glencross (who just scored his 15th against the Sens tonight)?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Remember how a lot of us were hoping Ottawa would sign Glencross (who just scored his 15th against the Sens tonight)?

tumbleweed

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

He would have and still would be a good top 6 forward for Ottawa.

153OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 10 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:09 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, he would have been a nice addition, but he chose to stay.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum