GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc.

+13
dennycrane
wprager
Flo The Action
stempniaksen
tim1_2
NEELY
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Hoags
sandysensfan
Ev
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezzD already predicting the # of goals for the Sens players next season?

Wink

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:SpezzD already predicting the # of goals for the Sens players next season?

Wink

No, no, no, no. There's one Z is Spez boys. Beer

EDIT: Probably too obscure a reference, it's from Top Gun. Ahhhhh!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Ottawa doesn't need to make anymore moves. Just develop the kids this season.

_________ - Spezza - Butler
Michalek - Regin - Alfredsson
Greening - Foligno - Neil
Winchester - Z.Smith - Condra
13th forward: Shannon

1st call ups: Da Costa, Silfverberg etc.

We have one space- maybe 2 if we let Condra develop another year in the AHL - unless I'm missing someone.

EDIT: You can't go into next season with that roster - that's...a black hole offensively. It'll be bad enough once we buy someone, but the more I think about it, not getting a UFA = we could set some offensive records - the negative ones.

I don't see how you keep Shannon out of *that* lineup, personally. Foligno has not played center in a long time (or when he did, it was not memorable). This draft needs to get us a guy who can split 2/3 line center duties with Regin, and become a legitimate #2 center in a couple of years. Then you slide Foligno to wing and make Winchester the 13th forward. He hasn't earned a full time spot in that lineup IMO.

109OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Fri May 20, 2011 11:01 am

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Ottawa doesn't need to make anymore moves. Just develop the kids this season.

Exactly -- that's what I say.

110OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Fri May 20, 2011 11:02 am

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

_________ - Spezza - Butler
Michalek - Regin - Alfredsson
Greening - Foligno - Neil
Winchester - Z.Smith - Condra
13th forward: Shannon

1st call ups: Da Costa, Silfverberg etc.

We have one space- maybe 2 if we let Condra develop another year in the AHL - unless I'm missing someone.

EDIT: You can't go into next season with that roster - that's...a black hole offensively. It'll be bad enough once we buy someone, but the more I think about it, not getting a UFA = we could set some offensive records - the negative ones.

One difference -- the Sens have a goaltender -- who if he plays like he is capable... you never know.

111OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Fri May 20, 2011 11:06 am

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

sandysensfan wrote:

Exactly... Sens don't need UFA's... just let them play.
They are not going to contend for the Cup.. so why waste the cap room. Wait until 2012 when you know how the young guys develop next season.. then you can 'take' a team in cap hell with the new CBA -- then get a good forward if needed.

TwoThumbsUp! Let's run with what we have in the system and evaluate what needs an upgrade and prioritize what hole needs fixing first next year. The UFA crop is weak and unless a silly deal presents itself for a player they're confident will fit into the long term plans sit tight.

112OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Fri May 20, 2011 11:27 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

strachattack wrote:
TwoThumbsUp! Let's run with what we have in the system and evaluate what needs an upgrade and prioritize what hole needs fixing first next year. The UFA crop is weak and unless a silly deal presents itself for a player they're confident will fit into the long term plans sit tight.

I agree we don't need to be dipping into the UFA market (except for a backup goalie perhaps). We might need to if some of our roster players get traded at the draft.

We have so many question marks for next year it's hard to predict how some of these players will perform.

113OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Fri May 20, 2011 11:39 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
strachattack wrote:

I agree we don't need to be dipping into the UFA market (except for a backup goalie perhaps). We might need to if some of our roster players get traded at the draft.

We have so many question marks for next year it's hard to predict how some of these players will perform.
yes, until the draft there's alot more question marks then after. a clearer picture will paint itself after.

on another note it looks like i'll be going mad in a region with no internet connection from the 1st till the 11th of june, missing the draft and my sanity as i'll have no clue what will happen. Diddle Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

114OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Fri May 20, 2011 11:43 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:
strachattack wrote:

yes, until the draft there's alot more question marks then after. a clearer picture will paint itself after.

on another note it looks like i'll be going mad in a region with no internet connection from the 1st till the 11th of june, missing the draft and my sanity as i'll have no clue what will happen. Diddle Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!
BlackBerry?

Wink

115OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Fri May 20, 2011 11:45 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:
strachattack wrote:

You won't miss the draft, it's on the 25th or something.

116OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Fri May 20, 2011 11:46 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yep. June 24–25, 2011.

117OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Fri May 20, 2011 12:02 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:
strachattack wrote:

BlackBerry?

Wink

Remember he's not independently wealthy. Frugality comes at a cost.

By the way, Flo, you'll also be missing at least the start of the Calder Cup Finals!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:
strachattack wrote:

BlackBerry?

Wink

Remember he's not independently wealthy. Frugality comes at a cost.

By the way, Flo, you'll also be missing at least the start of the Calder Cup Finals!
well i've missed it all so far.
when is the finals starting?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Yep. June 24–25, 2011.
oh thank god!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
well i've missed it all so far.
when is the finals starting?

You didn't miss much if you followed Joy on twitter, or kept refreshing the GDT here. Team 1200 said the Finals start May 27.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
I don't see how you keep Shannon out of *that* lineup, personally. Foligno has not played center in a long time (or when he did, it was not memorable). This draft needs to get us a guy who can split 2/3 line center duties with Regin, and become a legitimate #2 center in a couple of years. Then you slide Foligno to wing and make Winchester the 13th forward. He hasn't earned a full time spot in that lineup IMO.

I think Winchester's played well enough to be a permanent fixture on our 4th line - plays hard, forechecks well, hits, good at cycling the puck, defensively responsible. Hasn't found an offensive game, but that happens when you're playing on a 4th line. I don't think you can keep him out of the lineup IMO.

122OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Fri May 20, 2011 10:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Shannon plays hard, kills penalties, mans the point on the powerplay, and scores.

123OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc. Fri May 20, 2011 10:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Shannon plays hard, kills penalties, mans the point on the powerplay, and scores.

You're preaching to the converted if you're referring to me, but not at the expense of Winchester's spot on the team. Winchester is a perfect 4th line C, cheap, good on faceoffs, smart, big, solid PKer. Shannon should and hopefully will be the 13th forward, I don't care if he takes the spot of a call up frankly, we always have injuries, they'll get their chance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum