GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFF-SEASON: Potential moves, rumours etc.

+13
dennycrane
wprager
Flo The Action
stempniaksen
tim1_2
NEELY
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Hoags
sandysensfan
Ev
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
Leino is one year removed from being a rookie, he isn't going to mentor anyone and not to mention the fact he doesn't show up on 1/2 the nights he actually plays. Why don't they just go out and sign Zherdev too? He has more offensive potential than anyone.

HUGE difference between Zherdev and Leino - and he shows up every shift, not sure where you're getting that.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Still, if Babcock was THAT in love with the guy, I doubt they would just give him away. They would find others to deal, first. makes me think they weren't to high on him (he wasn't great in Detroit).

Well I guess they couldn't, it was Leino or Franzen staying on IR.

Detroit went out and signed the guy so they must have seen something good, no one beats Detroit at finding talent out of left field.

Depends on what the asking price is for the pending UFAs, Fleischmann is a good choice but his health problems scare me.

We definitely need more scoring talent on LW.

SpezDispenser wrote:

Yeah, we may have lucked out by not acquiring him. He's looked like crap out there (although last game was slightly better).

We'll see if Murray still has a thing for Penner Laugh1 I can't imagine the Kings wanting to keep him around at this rate. He can always call Terry for a scouting report.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Leino is one year removed from being a rookie, he isn't going to mentor anyone and not to mention the fact he doesn't show up on 1/2 the nights he actually plays. Why don't they just go out and sign Zherdev too? He has more offensive potential than anyone.

HUGE difference between Zherdev and Leino - and he shows up every shift, not sure where you're getting that.

Based on the game I watch. Some nights he is totally invisable. I am not a fan of Leino in the least.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How about Mike Ribeiro? There was a time I would have scoffed at that idea, but we could use some skill on line 2 - and Dallas may want to sign Richards and dump Riberio as a soft trade.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:How about Mike Ribeiro? There was a time I would have scoffed at that idea, but we could use some skill on line 2 - and Dallas may want to sign Richards and dump Riberio as a soft trade.

Interesting. Thinking

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:How about Mike Ribeiro? There was a time I would have scoffed at that idea, but we could use some skill on line 2 - and Dallas may want to sign Richards and dump Riberio as a soft trade.
depending who we draft. if we draft couturier he'll most likely slide into the number 2 C spot. the same spot DaCosta is trying for. Ribeiro is a C, i don't think he plays wing. we need a winger.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is Silfverberg a center? They've got him listed as that in the HockeysFuture page, but he's a winger pretty much everywhere else I've checked. If he's not a center, then we have *no* center ready to play on the 2nd line next year.

DaCosta
Caporusso
O'Brien
Greening
Bass
Cannone
Hoffman
Culek
Grant

That's enough to fill the 3rd/4th line for the entire division.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We're gonna need someone to be the #2 C, and I doubt it'll be a rookie.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:We're gonna need someone to be the #2 C, and I doubt it'll be a rookie.

If Regin is able to work out enough after he recovers then he has a shot. If not, then we'd better grab a center at #6. Better yet, move up and grab one higher than that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
depending who we draft. if we draft couturier he'll most likely slide into the number 2 C spot. the same spot DaCosta is trying for. Ribeiro is a C, i don't think he plays wing. we need a winger.

I think it might be best to let Couturier/Silfverberg/Da Costa get some seasoning in the AHL before thrusting them into the role, but yes, I suppose Regin could give it a try. Or Z.Smith - who KK says is definitely an offensive player, then it was suggested that Clouston kept telling him he wasn't, which set him back.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

BTW, Silfverberg said today that he's open to signing with Ottawa, but would prefer if Ottawa signed him and loaned him back to Brynas. If we want him to come overseas, he says he'd have to 'think about it'.

Not sure what to make of that, but if he's intent on getting better in Sweden and thinks it can make a big difference, then go for it, but if we ask/tell you to come and play a year in the AHL with Lehner, etc., then you do as you're told please!

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think we're in a position to trade. Ribeiro would not be a soft trade, there'd be plenty of interest and other teams would be able to offer more than us.

Draft or Free agency.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
I don't think we're in a position to trade. Ribeiro would not be a soft trade, there'd be plenty of interest and other teams would be able to offer more than us.

Draft or Free agency.

Perhaps not in a position to trade for Ribeiro, but we need to be the Lightning this summer and steal a player like Gagne for a year or two tops as a soft trade. When I say soft, I mean soft too, like a 5th rounder next year + tiny piece + long term project prospect like Emil Sandin.

I think there'll be some teams humping the cap that desperately need help - and I'd like to be there to lend a hand. Smile

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Ribeiro? Dumped by Montreal as a cancer in the dressing room, all he did last year was get arrested.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:Ribeiro? Dumped by Montreal as a cancer in the dressing room, all he did last year was get arrested.

Did he? For what? In which case, that's probably not an optimum idea.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
dennycrane wrote:Ribeiro? Dumped by Montreal as a cancer in the dressing room, all he did last year was get arrested.

Did he? For what? In which case, that's probably not an optimum idea.

It was for Dung charges IIRC.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Mike-Ribeiro-arrested-for-public-intoxication-af?urn=nhl-276106

It was pretty much nothing as Evan said.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNw8ZZT8tOU&feature=related

Classic video I had not seen in a while.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum