GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

3 STARS SELECTION + GDT: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers (Dec 5th, 2010)

+13
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Ev
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
Riprock
Flo The Action
PTFlea
shabbs
Bramlet07
spader
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Butler's final numbers:

Shifts: 17
TOI: 14:25
PP: 1:03
SH: 0:00
EV: 13:22
SOG: 0G: 0
A: 0
+/-: -1

Respectable.
well that's not good for a sniper. i understand it's his first game of the season, but he's going to have to try.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

If he's a sniper, then part of the "blame" should go to his set-up man/men.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Cuss you Clouston, you're being an idiot. Benching Regin for what? Playing too hard? Sit someone else like Shannon, Winchester, Ruutu, whatever, Regin played great last night. Darn Stupid, I don't like Clouston's decision making lately.

Oh settle down, it needed to be done and was the right call. You don't sit Foligno because he hits and fore checks hard, and his been one of our better forwards lately. You don't sit Shannon because the guy works his Donkey of every shift. Ditto Winchester, who (with Foligno and Neil) was part of the best OTT line the night before. I could have understood benching Ruutu, but CC was clearly planning on putting OTT's best and most consistent line (Kelly, Ruutu, Neil) back together (the started the game together) -- and look how that worked out.

Regin has had a ton of games playing in the top 3. He hasn't produced a lot (1 goal in that span), and he's not the sort of guy who goes out and hits and fore checks hard -- so if he's not producing, it makes sense that he sits.

You're making much ado about not very much here.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well, according to TSN, not only did Kelly score his first ever hattrick, as we know, but he did it on 3 shots Ahhhhh!

100% shooting for a hattrick!!!! Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Cuss you Clouston, you're being an idiot. Benching Regin for what? Playing too hard? Sit someone else like Shannon, Winchester, Ruutu, whatever, Regin played great last night. Darn Stupid, I don't like Clouston's decision making lately.

Oh settle down, it needed to be done and was the right call. You don't sit Foligno because he hits and fore checks hard, and his been one of our better forwards lately. You don't sit Shannon because the guy works his Donkey of every shift. Ditto Winchester, who (with Foligno and Neil) was part of the best OTT line the night before. I could have understood benching Ruutu, but CC was clearly planning on putting OTT's best and most consistent line (Kelly, Ruutu, Neil) back together (the started the game together) -- and look how that worked out.

Regin has had a ton of games playing in the top 3. He hasn't produced a lot (1 goal in that span), and he's not the sort of guy who goes out and hits and fore checks hard -- so if he's not producing, it makes sense that he sits.

Judging from the sig, a little bias is involved.

OK, though, who sits next time? Butler was buzzing in the first, but it's understandable if he slowed up after that, playing his third game in three days. With a couple of days off he'll be better in his next game, so I fully expect him to play again.

I thought Phillips started playing with a bit more confidence, so I'm off the "Sit Phillips" bandwagon -- not that I was really ever on it. I still wouldn't mind giving Kuba a rest, but if that means a Karlsson/Lee pairing then I'll just shut up right there.

Kelly scored a hattie, so can you break up his line to sit Ruutu? Maybe, why not? Put Kelly on the 2nd line.

What does everyone else think? Maybe we need a thread and poll?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Flo The Action wrote:well that's not good for a sniper. i understand it's his first game of the season, but he's going to have to try.
Would have been nice to see him get some shots on net, and even some points, but all things considered with the situation he was coming into, I have no complaints. He also had 0 PIM's.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:Well, according to TSN, not only did Kelly score his first ever hattrick, as we know, but he did it on 3 shots Ahhhhh!

And it was a natural hat trick.

EDIT: Ignore this sorely mistaken post. Coffee had not yet been consumed.

Last edited by shabbs on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Dash wrote:Well, according to TSN, not only did Kelly score his first ever hattrick, as we know, but he did it on 3 shots Ahhhhh!

Umm, no. Prust scored to tie it up 1-1.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:You're making much ado about not very much here.
Agreed. If Butler is to get a chance to show what he can do, he needs to be in the Top 6. Clouston was looking to spark something. His list of people to sit was limited to wingers (ideally right wingers) in the Top 6 in order to give him the chance and to not force a juggling of all the lines. That list was limited to Regin and Michalek on the left side and Alfie and Kovalev on the right side. Sitting Foligno and putting Butler on the 3rd line would have been the wrong decision.

I am interested to see if Regin sits again. Not sure how long Butler will remain, but a win usually translates to: no changes in the lineup.

I would not be surprised if Regin sits a second game.

Last edited by shabbs on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Umm, no. Prust scored to tie it up 1-1.
Dagnabbit. Must have coffee before thinking.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Agreed. If Butler is to get a chance to show what he can do, he needs to be in the Top 6. Clouston was looking to spark something. His list of people to sit was limited to wingers (ideally left wingers) in the Top 6 in order to give him the chance and to not force a juggling of all the lines. That list was limited to Regin and Michalek on the left side and potentially Alfie and Kovalev on the other side. Sitting Foligno and putting Butler on the 3rd line would have been the wrong decision.

I am interested to see if Regin sits again. Not sure how long Butler will remain, but a win usually translates to: no changes in the lineup.

Butler is a right-winger. He was playing his off-side.

Take the discussion of whether Regin sits again over to the new thread I created Smile

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Agreed. If Butler is to get a chance to show what he can do, he needs to be in the Top 6. Clouston was looking to spark something. His list of people to sit was limited to wingers (ideally left wingers) in the Top 6 in order to give him the chance and to not force a juggling of all the lines. That list was limited to Regin and Michalek on the left side and potentially Alfie and Kovalev on the other side. Sitting Foligno and putting Butler on the 3rd line would have been the wrong decision.

Butler is a right-winger. He was playing his off-side.

Take the discussion of whether Regin sits again over to the new thread I created Smile
Yeah, changed that shortly after posting.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I thought Leclaire played well. He seemed to play a simpler game and just focused on being in position and making the easy stops. I only recall a few times he did his trademark athletic reflex saves, much less than last year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

Laugh1 Oh Roon. I know all that, it's damn lucky for Clouston it all worked out though, benching a young player for not working hard enough is one thing, benching a young player because he's not scoring despite the effort is quite another.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Laugh1 Oh Roon. I know all that, it's damn lucky for Clouston it all worked out though, benching a young player for not working hard enough is one thing, benching a young player because he's not scoring despite the effort is quite another.

If you knew all that, then you shouldn't have posted that other inane comment. Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

If you knew all that, then you shouldn't have posted that other inane comment. Laugh1

Why was he benched then? Because he's not scoring or because he wasn't competing hard enough? If it was lack of scoring then Foligno should have been benched, because CLEARLY Regin is the better two-way player.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Like I said earlier, SD's sig is the culprit. He's got to "defend" it daily Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And for the record, I don't like what I'm seeing from Clouston this year. I hope it's just growing pains, I assume it is, but he hasn't done a good job this year at all IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum