GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

3 STARS SELECTION + GDT: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers (Dec 5th, 2010)

+13
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Ev
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
Riprock
Flo The Action
PTFlea
shabbs
Bramlet07
spader
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was actually out for dinner with the in-laws so I unfortunately missed a rare road win. From all the write ups I've read and from what I've read on here it would seem that at least two stars were easy picks with Leclaire and Kelly.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I was actually out for dinner with the in-laws so I unfortunately missed a rare road win. From all the write ups I've read and from what I've read on here it would seem that at least two stars were easy picks with Leclaire and Kelly.

I abstained from the 3 Star selection because beyond those 2 there wasn't much to pick from.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Don't know why anyone would want Michalek. 4.3M over the next years for a guy who's probably one more knee injury away from retirement or being the next Cheechoo.

Fisher I could see, but I don't know who in Bingo outside of Smith and Butler is NHL ready.

Cowen would be I imagine.

Smith is ready but he is a 4th liner. Butler hasn't yet shown that he is ready. Literally nobody else comes to mind as anything more than a 3rd liner. Our forward depth is just bad. I want the Swedes (Petersson, Silfverberg another one I can't remember, I think) to come over here but it doesn't look like that'll happen any time soon.

How is Wick adjusting to AHL action? I'm hoping his slow start is a thing of the past?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Smith is ready but he is a 4th liner. Butler hasn't yet shown that he is ready. Literally nobody else comes to mind as anything more than a 3rd liner. Our forward depth is just bad. I want the Swedes (Petersson, Silfverberg another one I can't remember, I think) to come over here but it doesn't look like that'll happen any time soon.

How is Wick adjusting to AHL action? I'm hoping his slow start is a thing of the past?

1.Smith is a tweener - in that he could take Ruutu's spot on line 3, or play a more permanent role on line 4

2.Butler has shown he's ready, now he needs to do it at the NHL level.

3.Silfverberg is the big dog from what I understand. Doing well (something like 18 points in 27 games), can play top 6 or third line, versatile and I've heard his game has taken another step up from two-way to more creative offensively. The other guy you might be thinking of is Sorenson - who actually makes his SEL debut tonight, but was killing it with 31 points in 23 games in the J20 Superelit.

4.Andre Petersson is having very bad back problems according to "ICING" on HF. He says that he sometimes can't even get out of bed. He scored 2 goals on Saturday or Sunday and another one yesterday I think, but his development has been put on hold until we find out what's happening with his back. He's trying apparently, going through rehab etc., but if this is like Lupul's injury that required surgery, it'll be a while to say the least.

5.Mark Stone was playing top line hockey with Scott Glennie - recording 39 points in 31 games, including 16 goals. By contrast, Glennie - who is a year OLDER - has 33 points in 30 games - with 9 goals. Stone appears to have an 'in' as being a natural right winger, but they might try to move Schenn up to play with the 3 again - and that could be a killer line. A lot of people think Stone's a steal for us, and at 6'2" already and 190+, I hope they're right!

6.Roman Wick has finally adapted to the AHL - recording 9 points in 9 games prior to a slow patch for the B-Sens. People there are saying he's improved a lot and is getting more involved - which sucks for Daugavins, because I hear he's done the opposite and that his time might be running out.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Glad to hear that about Wick because when he played here at SBP it was the Wick penalty show. I'm pretty sure he got almost all the penalties that were assessed to Bingo.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum