GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Dec. 4, 2010

+12
Bramlet07
spader
stempniaksen
Number Twenty Nine
cash
SDH89
SensHulk
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Riprock
shabbs
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Game Day: Buffalo at Ottawa Dec. 4

GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Dec. 4, 2010 Vote_lcap260%GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Dec. 4, 2010 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Dec. 4, 2010 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Dec. 4, 2010 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Dec. 4, 2010 Vote_lcap240%GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Dec. 4, 2010 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Dec. 4, 2010

GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Dec. 4, 2010 LargeGAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Dec. 4, 2010 AtGAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Dec. 4, 2010 Large

"Hey, Buffalo Bill, who did you kill?"

The Ottawa Senators (11-14-1, 23 pts) welcome the visiting Buffalo Sabres (10-13-3, 23 pts) to Scotia Bank Place. While both teams sport similarly unimpressive numbers (actually tied for points after the same number of games), the details reveal a slightly different story. Over the last 10 games the Sabres are playing above .500 hockey (5-4-1) while the Senators have just 3 wins to show over the same stretch of games. It is only a testament to how weak the East is, that both teams are only 6 points out of a playoff spot. The two teams split their previous two meetings this seasons, with each victory coming on the road. ESPN's "AccuScore Projection" has that trend continuing, with Buffalo the 57% favorite (and, no, I have no idea what that evem means, but here's a link). The TwitSportsNet Prediction Panel predicts an Ottawa win by a 4-3 margin (again, don't ask).

Game Coverage:

TV: CBC,MSG-B (HD)
    Radio: Team 1200
    Web: http://goo.gl/fb/BHJJH
    Also check ATDHE.net and JUSTIN.tv

Latest updates:
Ottawa GM Bryan Murray has threatened changes and, to prove he is not bluffing, he has placed two benchwarmers on waivers. That message was about as strong as a Filip Kuba wrister from the point. Facepalm

TSN's Ice Chips:

Ottawa
    Buffalo

Ottawa Senators Key Injuries:

None

Buffalo Sabres Key Injuries:

D Craig Rivet (12/3, undisclosed)
    C Rob Niedermayer (11/21, knee surgery) on IR
    C Tim Connolly (12/3, groin) day to day

Game Day Previews:

NHL.com
    ESPN

Media Links:

SensTV On-line
    Official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators

Spread the word!

Follow GMHockey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gmhockey

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by wprager on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Elliott back in net?

EDIT: Yes.

http://twitter.com/NHL_Sens/status/11087440819257344

He's 9-0 vs the Sabres.

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by shabbs on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SensReporter James Gordon
Today's factoid: Sens, Habs are the only two teams not to have participated in a shootout this season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry, my GDT is a bit like Kuba's wrister. I'm going to the open practice and have to leave in the next few minutes. No time to expand on some thoughts, but I'll point-form them here:
- Clouston still behind team
- says they practice hard and come out hard at start of games
- confidence is low and if chances don't go their way they wilt
- he needs room (cap and roster) to sit out the injured or underperforming
- Hale doesn't clear enough cap space (IMO); Murray has to move Lee

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i ain't watchin the game tonight(work X-mass BS) so it's win!!!!!!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Elliott confirmed to start via Twitter by NHL_Sens. No other changes to the line-up - ie: no Butler call-up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Stands to reason, Elliott needs to get back in there and his numbers are stellar against Buffalo.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Game notes for tonight:

http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDFs/gn-2010020382.pdf

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah no-brainer to go with Ells. Leclaire has lost his last two against Buffalo too. And since its a back to back situation, I really hope Clousotn does this right and regardless of the result tonight, gives Leclaire the start tomorrow.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Notes from the practice:

Elliot started out very slowly at practice today, but by the end he was very, very sharp. Not like that's any indication, but if it is, he'll be good tonight.

Lee was the last guy off the ice. Looked very forlorn. If he wasn't making an order of magnitude more than I am I'd probably be inclined to feel sorry for him. He also should be busting his balls in practice but he wasn't -- more reason to not feel sorry for him.

The Sens were hitting a ton of posts and crossbars in practice. One of the other parents sitting next to me figures it's because they are going for corners and shots just inside posts, but they do it in games, too. Maybe they should practice with smaller nets.

They had one drill where they had 2D and a goalie on each side, and then one forward line. All they did is skate the puck through neutral ice and either pass it off to one of the defensemen or dump in around the boards, so the goalie would handle the puck. They didn't take a single shot. Just like at a real game. (can I have a rimshot?)

I'm still amazed, every time I get to go near ice level, at the kind of skill they all possess, when even a lunchpail guy like a Chris Neil can take a bad pass off the skate, pass it up to his forehand, deke to his backhand and roof it from inside the crease. I was also impressed with some of the passing drills where they, literally made a return slap-pass to a guy at the blue-line from just 10-15 feet away. How come they never have crisp passes like that after 7PM? Did you see the cross-ice passes to set up Karlsson or Gonchar's one-timers last couple of games? Some of them barely made it across the ice.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice write up Prags.

The one thing I'll say is that they don't make those kind of snap passes after 7 PM because they're playing against equally skilled guys who won't let that happen.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Miller confirmed to start for the Sabres tonight.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Miller confirmed to start for the Sabres tonight.

Oh good, that will surely get the offence going tonight!

Why couldn't they be nice and start Lalime?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why are they playing Miller in back to back so soon after coming back from injury?

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

Why are they playing Miller in back to back so soon after coming back from injury?

Good question. I watched the Sabres game last night though and Miller looked quite good. Looked to be in mid-season form and wasn't showing any ill effects of his injury. At the same time, he didn't have much work, only 20 shots I think, but he looked steady the whole game.

I guess they're just trying to get him back into his routine where he almost plays every game Laugh1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum