GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Feb. 7th, 2009

+15
dennycrane
beerandsens
smash88
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
Cronie
Jordo
davetherave
asq2
PKC
rooneypoo
wprager
LethalLehner
Riprock
shabbs
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The surging Sabres visit the Sens tonight in a rematch of BITE GATE. Last time these met, Ruutu and Peters were involved in a biting incident that got Ruutu suspended. Could be interesting tonight.

Starting goalies as per: http://goaliepost.com/
- Buffalo: Miller is listed as probable
- Ottawa: Elliott is listed as probable

From TSN's Ice Chips: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009

Defenceman Alexandre Picard took the morning skate Friday, however
he remains questionable for Saturday's game against the Sabres.
Neither Shean Donovan nor Jarkko Ruutu took the skate. Donovan is
recovering from a knee injury while Ruutu hurt his foot blocking a
Zdeno Chara shot on Thursday. Ruutu is expected to face the Sabres. It
will be the first time the team's have met since Ruutuu was suspended
for biting Sabres tough guy Andrew Peters. - TSN

Practice Lines

Forwards:
Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Foligno - Fisher - Shannon
Vermette - Kelly - Neil
Winchester - McAmmond - Schubert

Defence:
Phillips - Lee
Kuba - Volchenkov
Bell - Smith
Picard

Goaltenders:
Elliott
Auld

Game is on CBC,MSG-B, however, HNIC will be showing the Leafs/Habs outside of the Sens territory. You'll need NHL CI for this one.

GO SENS GO!!!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I haven't had problems with CBC blacking out.... but we'll see. If not, I'll stream it.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Should be a small crowd even though it is a Saturday night. Capital Tickets says that there are less than 2,500 tickets left.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DashRiprock wrote:I haven't had problems with CBC blacking out.... but we'll see. If not, I'll stream it.
Really, when the Leafs are playing on a Sat night?

Sens should be able to win this one tonight with a solid effort. Buffalo is nothing special, they just work hard. Lets see how the Sens handle a team that hates them and will be up for the game.

No excuses tonight.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

The Sabres beat the Habs last night. The only saving grace for the Sens is that the Sabres will be tired.

ElliottRules wrote:The Sabres beat the Habs last night. The only saving grace for the Sens is that the Sabres will be tired.

They had better efforts the last two games, now its going to come down to results.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:I haven't had problems with CBC blacking out.... but we'll see. If not, I'll stream it.

CBC has a channel for each region, and so far it lists the Ottawa-Buffalo on CBC-Ottawa, and TOR-MTL on the others. It is Sportsnet that is the worst.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Leafs one HNIC-regional means we'll probably get crappy SD on CBC-HD here in Ottawa. It's marginally better than TSN-SD.

It's too late now, but today's game-day practice is open to the public. In fact, from now until the end of the season, whenever there is a Saturday home-game the game day practice is free (admission *and* parking). Gates open at 10:30 and practice starts at 11. I think whenever they have a public practice they hold an intra-squad scrimmage at the end. Unfortunately for my kids they all have swimming Saturday mornings Sad

I was in the Kanata Centrum Loblaws yesterday and saw Clouston. I guess he's rooming with someone from the team that lives in Kanata. Not a tall man, no.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DashRiprock wrote:
shabbs wrote:

CBC has a channel for each region, and so far it lists the Ottawa-Buffalo on CBC-Ottawa, and TOR-MTL on the others. It is Sportsnet that is the worst.
Ahhh... I'm thinking the HD channel... what is this SD that people keep talking about? Wink Heh heh.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

yeah, the odd thing is that on CBC-O channel they say "available in HD on 802" which is CBC-E and they list the TOR/MTL game. Oh well, SD is better than nothing.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DashRiprock wrote:yeah, the odd thing is that on CBC-O channel they say "available in HD on 802" which is CBC-E and they list the TOR/MTL game. Oh well, SD is better than nothing.
All my CBC channels list the TOR/MTL game except for one which says "Teams to be determined." NHL CI does not have the game listed for me...

So who knows.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

ElliottRules wrote:Should be a small crowd even though it is a Saturday night. Capital Tickets says that there are less than 2,500 tickets left.

I just had tickets for section 106 fall into my lap. That's at smack-dab centre ice, right behind the team benches, for those who've never been to SBP.

And I just finalized and printed off my dissertation: 275 pages of done-ness.

What a f'ing day! Time to celebrate.

rooneypoo wrote:
ElliottRules wrote:Should be a small crowd even though it is a Saturday night. Capital Tickets says that there are less than 2,500 tickets left.

I just had tickets for section 106 fall into my lap. That's at smack-dab centre ice, right behind the team benches, for those who've never been to SBP.

Good stuff man Smile Congratulations.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

Start a brawl.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum