GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED!

+14
dennycrane
shabbs
stempniaksen
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Havlat9
Riprock
SensGirl11
PTFlea
asq2
M_Christopher
SDH89
Ev
SensHulk
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

91Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:49 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

an offer sheet might have been of better value.....I don't get why they didn't wanna wait at least till draft day. That's when gms wanna make a splash. Gauthier could of gotten a much better result.

I get that goalies are undervalued now, as the past few cup finals haven't featured elite goaltenders at all(save for Cam Ward, and even then he was just a backup).

but come on! he was the talk of the league! I can't believe this actually happened with Halak! Good luck filling those skates Carey

92Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:07 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

From a purely pedigree standpoint, Leclaire and Price are pretty much neck and neck. Depending on who they bring in as a back up, Elliott could be as solid or moreso. This is the first time we've rivalled them in net for a long time - save for perhaps Hasek.

Now, if we ice a better team in front of our tenders than they do, we have an excellent chance of staying above them in the standings - which is what it's all about. Ahhhhh!

93Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:16 pm

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:From a purely pedigree standpoint, Leclaire and Price are pretty much neck and neck. Depending on who they bring in as a back up, Elliott could be as solid or moreso. This is the first time we've rivalled them in net for a long time - save for perhaps Hasek.

Now, if we ice a better team in front of our tenders than they do, we have an excellent chance of staying above them in the standings - which is what it's all about. Ahhhhh!

And Blues fans are the crazy ones...right Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 805406 Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 235689

94Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:53 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Price was chosen 5th overall, Leclaire 8th.

This move may be the best thing that happens to the Sens all year. So now Montreal gets to keep Plekance - big move.

95Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:55 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

dennycrane wrote:Price was chosen 5th overall, Leclaire 8th.

This move may be the best thing that happens to the Sens all year. So now Montreal gets to keep Plekance - big move.

And Patrick stefan was picked first. It's not about draft position, it's about what they've done since. I'm sorry, but anyone who says that Price and Leclaire are on even footing is kidding themselves/homer/just plain silly.

96Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Price is better, but is Price and whoever they get better than Leclaire and Elliott.

Depends on who they get IMO.

I'm really not big on Price personally. I wouldn't want either him or Leclaire leading my team in goaltending minutes.

97Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:23 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I'm on the other end of the spectrum concerning Price (Although I think it would have been better for him personally to get traded and this could really sidetrack his career).

98Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:17 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

stempniaksen wrote:I'm on the other end of the spectrum concerning Price (Although I think it would have been better for him personally to get traded and this could really sidetrack his career).

I agree with you, I'm definitely a Price fan but want him to develop somewhere else. He doesn't deserve the BS he has to put up with.

99Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:31 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:Price was chosen 5th overall, Leclaire 8th.

plekanec is a second line center on most teams. if he gets paid more then 4.5 the habs are over paying him. without cam plek would have gotten 50 points. seriously watch his points dwindle next year since he won't be fitting for a raise.

100Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:10 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm still stumped by this one...I can't believe it!

101Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:11 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:maybe Halak still gets an offer sheet from another team.... oh that would bite for the blues.

I'm pretty sure they'll match just about anything, as long as it's not in the $8 million range or even $7 million range, that would just be ridiculous. Then the Blues would get a lot of 1st round picks though...How much is it again? 2,3?

102Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:13 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

This was the 2008-09 RFA Compensation:
Amount

Compensation Due

$863,156 or less

None

$863,156 - $1,307,812

3rd round pick

$1,307,812 - $2,615,625

2nd round pick

$2,615,623 - $3,923,437

1st and 3rd round pick

$3,923,437 - $5,231,249

1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick

$5,231,249 - $6,539,062

Two 1st's, one 2nd, one 3rd round pick

$6,539,062 or more

Four 1st round picks

103Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:14 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:I'm on the other end of the spectrum concerning Price (Although I think it would have been better for him personally to get traded and this could really sidetrack his career).

I agree with you, I'm definitely a Price fan but want him to develop somewhere else. He doesn't deserve the BS he has to put up with.

The funny thing is that St. Louis would've been the perfectplace for Price to go. He would've definitely gotten his Dung together there, I believe that. I've been saying it for a while, he needs to go to a non-hockey market to really get his whole game together, he can't do it in Montreal IMO.

Halak is the guy that can deal with the pressures of Montreal, or so it seems anyway...

104Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:17 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Dash wrote:This was the 2008-09 RFA Compensation:
Amount

Compensation Due

$863,156 or less

None

$863,156 - $1,307,812

3rd round pick

$1,307,812 - $2,615,625

2nd round pick

$2,615,623 - $3,923,437

1st and 3rd round pick

$3,923,437 - $5,231,249

1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick

$5,231,249 - $6,539,062

Two 1st's, one 2nd, one 3rd round pick

$6,539,062 or more

Four 1st round picks

WOW! That's insanity! Thanks for posting this Dash. Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 54934

105Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:45 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Comment from Dallas_Dave:

Hold on to your hats folks, Carey Price could be
traded by Montreal by draft day as well. Perhaps even offersheeted.

I personally agree with this statement. Not so much the offer-sheet, but the trade angle.

106Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:46 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

4 first round picks for $6.5M or more? There goes my dream of offer sheet for Shea Weber Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 521674

107Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:52 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

LOL offersheeted. Did Dallas Dave just use offer sheet as a verb?

108Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:02 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 7 62136 I was wondering the same thing!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum