GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED!

+14
dennycrane
shabbs
stempniaksen
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Havlat9
Riprock
SensGirl11
PTFlea
asq2
M_Christopher
SDH89
Ev
SensHulk
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

121Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:36 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Let's be clear about one thing. Jaroslav Halak loved Mtl, his teammates and the fans. All he wanted was the opportunity to play.

From Dreger. Wow, that hurts for Habs fans even more. I thought he might have asked out.

Ouch! I didn't really doubt for a second that he wanted to be there but, as he says he wanted playing time. If they weren't willing to name him their number 1 starter than he definitely didn't want to stay. Why they wouldn't give him the number 1 job after the playoffs he had is beyond me. (if that's actually what happened of course). Halak dealt with the pressure in Montreal like it was nothing, from what I saw. There wasn't a moment where I thought he would fold under the pressure there. He took everything in stride and everytime he had a bad game, he came back and stood on his head. This guy is money. Even if he wanted $5million I would've done it. But, maybe that's why I'm not a GM. (or a real one anyway) Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 159628

122Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:42 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Would you rather have Plekanec or Halak? I guess that was part of the problem too for them...maybe.

123Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:46 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Kovalfie wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:4 first round picks for $6.5M or more? There goes my dream of offer sheet for Shea Weber Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 521674

I'll pay that for Shea.

And if he doesn't re-sign?

What do you mean? I'd sign him to an offer sheet at 7 X 7 and give up the picks necessary. You mean...what if he doesn't re-sign after the 7 years?

EDIT: For the record, he's one of only a couple of players I'd try to poach. I can't even really think of another one right now...Doughty is NOT moving anywhere, so that's out. Shea, I think could be enticed to sign a massive offer sheet. That's just my opinion.

True. I wasn't thinking. I figured it would be a 2 year 7 million or something. I guess you'd have to sign him to a monster contract to jusify the draft picks

Come on SD....4 first round picks isn't worth it. Maybe in the Muckler era, but in the Murray era, no way dude

124Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well, let this be a lesson to GM's that are willing to trade for overpaid centers.

125Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:07 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not terribly surprised, MTL still has a lovefest with Price even though he really hasn't been impressive after his rookie season. It sounds like it was decided a long time ago Price was their guy, regardless of what Halak did.

And I once thought the Ghost was a good GM ....

126Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:14 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:I'm not terribly surprised, MTL still has a lovefest with Price even though he really hasn't been impressive after his rookie season. It sounds like it was decided a long time ago Price was their guy, regardless of what Halak did.

And I once thought the Ghost was a good GM ....

The Ghost may be a good GM but he's a total prick. Here's something to consider:

Only surprise to me was ZERO contact between
MTL/Halak once season ended. Only contact was J Martin phoning Halak
today to say, U r traded..

Bob McKenzie

127Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Would you rather have Plekanec or Halak? I guess that was part of the problem too for them...maybe.

I'll take the goalie that saved the season and almost took you to the Finals.

128Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:This trade made no sense for Montreal from the beginning, that part is safe to say. Nothing against Eller or Schultz, but Halak was playing at the top of the league in terms of skill and stats. and his value must have been high. This reeks of panic and desperation. A rookie GM maybe pulling the trigger too early, perhaps outside pressure from ownership and coaching, who knows.

Only way this trade favours Montreal is if Halak signs for $5M+ and/or leaves the NHL. Still, there's no way of knowing what he would have done to stay in Montreal.

He's not a rookie GM, but the rest I agree with 100%. Eller is a nice piece, but as you say, Halak was at the top of his game and very young - AND an RFA, so probably not the 5 million I thought originally.

129Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
Come on SD....4 first round picks isn't worth it. Maybe in the Muckler era, but in the Murray era, no way dude

Yeah, the picks hurt a lot.

130Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

The Ghost may be a good GM but he's a total prick. Here's something to consider:

I don't even think he's a good GM because Halak >>>>>>>> Price, he picked the wrong goalie. Halak was never in their plans, I mean they didn't even try and find out what sort of money he'd want so I don't buy salary as a factor.

Price will collapse again next year and this time they won't be able to bring in Halak to save the season.

Feel sorry for the Habs' fans who bought Halak jerseys.

Last edited by Hoags on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

131Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:29 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I don't even think he's a good GM because Halak >>>>>>>> Price, he picked the wrong goalie. Halak was never in their plans, I mean they didn't even try and find out what sort of money he'd want so I don't buy salary as a factor.

Price will collapse again next year and this time they won't be able to bring in Halak to save the season.

Feel sorry for the Habs' fans who bought Halak jerseys.[/quote]

You can bet that The Ghost doesn't give a Dung about those fans.

132Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Well I can't see any GM not going through with a trade just because the fans might be upset. They'll still sell out their home games anyway.

They pulled a similar move on another fan favorite over there (Kovalev).

Shouldn't be surprised, this is the franchise that ran Patrick Roy out of town.

Michallica wrote:
Anyways, I'd take this opportunity and laugh at
the habs fans. They were all pretty high on their horses during the
playoffs.
"we got our next patrick roy!" Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 62136

Probably as close as they've ever gotten to another St.Patrick, but back then they made another bad choice (Tremblay over Roy).

Last edited by Hoags on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

133Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:35 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Would you rather have Plekanec or Halak? I guess that was part of the problem too for them...maybe.

I'll take the goalie that saved the season and almost took you to the Finals.

Agreed. This is as if Alfie got traded 3 weeks after he took the sens to the finals.

From that playoff run, only Halak, Cammalleri, and Suban shoudl have been untouchables. Pleks kinda disappeared after the 1st round.

Anyways, I'd take this opportunity and laugh at the habs fans. They were all pretty high on their horses during the playoffs.
"we got our next patrick roy!" Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 62136

134Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Well I can't see any GM not going through with a trade just because the fans might be upset. They'll still sell out their home games anyway.

They pulled a similar move on another fan favorite over there (Kovalev).

I'm not saying that. I'm just saying in general terms that The Ghost is an arsehole - CONFIRMED!

135Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:38 pm

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:You can bet that The Ghost doesn't give a Dung about those fans.

Of course not, he'll probably bail on that team in a season or two, like he's done everywhere he's been.

136Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
Agreed. This is as if Alfie got traded 3 weeks after he took the sens to the finals.

From that playoff run, only Halak, Cammalleri, and Suban shoudl have been untouchables. Pleks kinda disappeared after the 1st round.

Anyways, I'd take this opportunity and laugh at the habs fans. They were all pretty high on their horses during the playoffs.

I guess this is why we're not in the NHL as GMs because I would have been very pleased with Halak and I 100% would have traded Price, then signed Halak to a $4 million X 6 years.

I also would be overjoyed with Cammalleri, Suban, Gionta, but less than enthused about Gomez and Plekanec. I would have made sure to acquire what I thought would be a good 2nd line center on a SHORT contract for Price - which I guess Lars Eller is, but again, I would have made tweaks to the roster that kicked arse in the playoffs, not trade my number one goalie just because the other nerd is younger or whatever.

137Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

word around here(MTL) is people say they saw this coming. i was expecting a little bit more freaking out but it's going dow alright. i guess they are boosting the hell out of eller. he is probably the best prospect they have(not counting PK).
i thoink we're not going to be able to say who won this trade for at least another year. if halak puts up the same numbers & saves next year then we'll see.
IMO price should of gone, he dosen't look like he can handle the pressure.

oh and for the record about Halak being able to stand the pressure... what pressure? from the moment the guy has stepped on the ice to replace Price last year the guy haas been aclaimed by fans. its nothing new. for 2 years now people have wanted Halak to be number 1. it's only gainey(and now gautier) that have made price the poster boy.

138Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 9 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:48 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:word around here(MTL) is people say they saw this coming. i was expecting a little bit more freaking out but it's going dow alright. i guess they are boosting the hell out of eller. he is probably the best prospect they have(not counting PK).
i thoink we're not going to be able to say who won this trade for at least another year. if halak puts up the same numbers & saves next year then we'll see.
IMO price should of gone, he dosen't look like he can handle the pressure.

oh and for the record about Halak being able to stand the pressure... what pressure? from the moment the guy has stepped on the ice to replace Price last year the guy haas been aclaimed by fans. its nothing new. for 2 years now people have wanted Halak to be number 1. it's only gainey(and now gautier) that have made price the poster boy.

Including PK.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum