GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED!

+14
dennycrane
shabbs
stempniaksen
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Havlat9
Riprock
SensGirl11
PTFlea
asq2
M_Christopher
SDH89
Ev
SensHulk
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

31Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:43 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:This reminds me of the HEATLEY TRADE.

I actually think the Heatley trade looks wonderful compared to this...

Mind you...Eller should be really awesome, but come on! Why not take their 1st round pick instead or on top of that? At the very least...

32Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:45 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I think one of the most important things to remember is....

This is great news for Ottawa lol!!!

33Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Havlat9

Prospect
Prospect

the heatley trade isn't half as bad as this, considering the situation murray did pretty good to get what he goit for that sack of sh!t. Sure cheechoo i s going to get bought out but heatley chocked in the playoffs and played with 0 heart

34Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:48 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Havlat9 wrote:Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 226479 and hab fans were complaining about gainey, this guy i sthe only reason the made the playoffs let alone the conference finals and they give him away for sh!t, he must have really wanted too much money. damn

Maybe, but still...the return they could've gotten during the draft would have been much better, IMO.

35Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:57 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Dash wrote:I think one of the most important things to remember is....

This is great news for Ottawa lol!!!

So far so good for sure. What are their plans though? Is there something else in the works?

36Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:59 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Havlat9 wrote:

the heatley trade isn't half as bad as this, considering the situation murray did pretty good to get what he goit for that sack of sh!t. Sure cheechoo i s going to get bought out but heatley chocked in the playoffs and played with 0 heart

That's a very good point too, Murray's hands were tied, guy smiley in Montreal's weren't. It's 2 completely different situations. Wow...did they not want to wait for the bidding war? I still don't get it...maybe there are just too many goalies in the league...

37Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't wait to light Price up like an X-mas tree, seriously.

I still can't believe this. Philly wouldn't give up Carter, really?

38Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:06 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wouldn't trade Carter for a guy who's had 1 good playoffs.

39Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:I wouldn't trade Carter for a guy who's had 1 good playoffs.

I would.

40Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Flyers probably wouldn't have been able to sign him, so I'm assuming that's why they didn't trade for him.

41Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:11 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

St. Louis is on the upswing with this deal. I would understand if Price went, but Halak? wow....he was flourishing in Montreal and single-handedly took them to the ECF. His stock was the highest it has ever been (and may be)...how do you manage a return of such small magnitude? I get that he's an RFA, but damn it Kessel as an RFA got the Bruins 2 first rounders! You gotta gut it out longer than this for what was once a unanimous choice for conn smythe winner.

Not impressed with Montreal Management

42Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:The Flyers probably wouldn't have been able to sign him, so I'm assuming that's why they didn't trade for him.

Why not? They're moving Carter who was making 5 million. Halak would take 5 million I would assume. 5 X 5 and you've got your goalie of the future.

43Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I still cannot fathom what organization would choose Carey Price over Halak and what he did for Montreal. It's not like this guy is a flash in the pan, he's evolved into an amazing goalie.

Diddling insane.

44Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:23 pm

Right move, WRONG trade. I think Halak absolutely peeked and wont be getting any better or more valuable then he is right now along with Price's potential, but maaaan, how did they not get more then that for Halak right now?

I get choosing Price over Halak, but man, you gotta get something better back then just Eller.

45Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Because they wouldn't have traded Carter for him, that's what I meant.

46Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Right move, WRONG trade. I think Halak absolutely peeked and wont be getting any better or more valuable then he is right now along with Price's potential, but maaaan, how did they not get more then that for Halak right now?

I get choosing Price over Halak, but man, you gotta get something better back then just Eller.

Wow, really? I don't get it at all. Price would have been gone if I was in charge and Halak would have been my guy.

47Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:29 pm

What Halak did this year was phenominal, but he wont do it again. He's a better goaltender then Price at the moment but his value will NEVER be higher then it is right now. Having Price there is the right decision IMO but how they only got Eller (nice prospect) and Schultz(might turn into a 3rd liner) is a little concerning.

48Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Man, Halak's only 25 years old, I'm sure people forget this. He hadn't even peaked yet, he may never replicated the run he had in the Playoffs again, but there's way more evidence pointing to him being a .920+ goalie than not.

What the heck has Price done that's noteworthy in the NHL?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum