GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED!

+14
dennycrane
shabbs
stempniaksen
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Havlat9
Riprock
SensGirl11
PTFlea
asq2
M_Christopher
SDH89
Ev
SensHulk
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

46Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 4 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:25 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Right move, WRONG trade. I think Halak absolutely peeked and wont be getting any better or more valuable then he is right now along with Price's potential, but maaaan, how did they not get more then that for Halak right now?

I get choosing Price over Halak, but man, you gotta get something better back then just Eller.

Wow, really? I don't get it at all. Price would have been gone if I was in charge and Halak would have been my guy.

47Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 4 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:29 pm

What Halak did this year was phenominal, but he wont do it again. He's a better goaltender then Price at the moment but his value will NEVER be higher then it is right now. Having Price there is the right decision IMO but how they only got Eller (nice prospect) and Schultz(might turn into a 3rd liner) is a little concerning.

48Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 4 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:35 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Man, Halak's only 25 years old, I'm sure people forget this. He hadn't even peaked yet, he may never replicated the run he had in the Playoffs again, but there's way more evidence pointing to him being a .920+ goalie than not.

What the heck has Price done that's noteworthy in the NHL?

49Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 4 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:36 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Man, Halak's only 25 years old, I'm sure people forget this. He hadn't even peaked yet, he may never replicated the run he had in the Playoffs again, but there's way more evidence pointing to him being a .920+ goalie than not.

They've never given him a chance to show what he can do for a whole season. He's only 22 years old (I'm sure people forget THAT), he should have had more time to develop in the AHL.

50Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 4 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Man, Halak's only 25 years old, I'm sure people forget this. He hadn't even peaked yet, he may never replicated the run he had in the Playoffs again, but there's way more evidence pointing to him being a .920+ goalie than not.

They've never given him a chance to show what he can do for a whole season. He's only 22 years old (I'm sure people forget THAT), he should have had more time to develop in the AHL.

Good stuff. The Sens approve of this trade. ThumbsUp

51Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 4 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:43 pm

That's fine, I agree. I dont think there is anyway Halak is the next coming of Roy or anyone else. He had a great playoff that I personally dont think he can repeat. If he does, then Montreal got robbed, we'll wait and see. Fact of the matter is it's not like this trade left The Habs without a goaltender and they added skill up front. Only one goalie can play at a time and I think it would be stupid to trade Price when his value isnt very high at this moment.

I think MTL made the right decision like I said, just an awful trade.

52Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 4 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Gauthier (Habs GM) says the team still needs two goalies, so they will likely sign a FA. Watch for Turco to sign there? He could be a good mentor to Price, and he is perhaps one of the best puck handling goalies.

53Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 4 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:45 pm

Ill say Biron is the guy that they go after and sign.

54Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 4 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:46 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

haha, yeah that makes sense too... it's the French factor isn't it?

55Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 4 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:46 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Turco will sign somehwere where he can get 75% of the starts, not to mentor another guy .

56Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 4 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The most important thing to me is that they just got a heck of a lot easier to play against. I didn't look forward to playing Halak 6 times next year, Price? I'm not real worried.

57Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 4 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:52 pm

Dash wrote:haha, yeah that makes sense too... it's the French factor isn't it?

No, but you are looking for a guy that can come in for a year or two with the ability to play 40 plus games and can carry the load if need be. A good team guy to help along a young goaltender, Biron is a perfect fit there, him being french is just a bonus for Montreal.

58Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 4 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:55 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Price would listen to Biron. Have you SEEN his eyes?!

59Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 4 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:55 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Do people still think Turco is a full time starter? Maybe I am thinking of last season, not this past season, but didn't he have a horrible year? Dallas has their doubts obviously. Do you think he will really get paid $4M?

60Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 4 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Do people still think Turco is a full time starter? Maybe I am thinking of last season, not this past season, but didn't he have a horrible year? Dallas has their doubts obviously. Do you think he will really get paid $4M?

I'm with you man, I was gonna keep quiet, but I can't understand how someone pays Turco to be a starter. He doesn't look good anymore, it's a mistake.

61Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 4 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Do people still think Turco is a full time starter? Maybe I am thinking of last season, not this past season, but didn't he have a horrible year? Dallas has their doubts obviously. Do you think he will really get paid $4M?

I think somebody will give him 3 or 4 mill. Philly, Chicago, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, New York, are all options.

He wasn't terrible this year, he had better stats than his previous season. Except the wins, but that's probably just because Dallas underachieved this year.

62Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 4 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:01 pm

One thing is 100% certain though, there isnt a player in The NHL with more pressure on him then Price now. This will either make or break his career, dont care if he is 22, this year will be the deciding factor in what way he goes.

63Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 4 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:10 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:

I think somebody will give him 3 or 4 mill. Philly, Chicago, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, New York, are all options.

He wasn't terrible this year, he had better stats than his previous season. Except the wins, but that's probably just because Dallas underachieved this year.

That would be the biggest mistake. Haven't they learned from Huet? They will be lucky to get rid of him, I cannot see them adding another old overpaid player. Especially with Niemi likely going to get a big raise in the $3-$4M range

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum