GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED!

+14
dennycrane
shabbs
stempniaksen
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Havlat9
Riprock
SensGirl11
PTFlea
asq2
M_Christopher
SDH89
Ev
SensHulk
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

61Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:58 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Do people still think Turco is a full time starter? Maybe I am thinking of last season, not this past season, but didn't he have a horrible year? Dallas has their doubts obviously. Do you think he will really get paid $4M?

I think somebody will give him 3 or 4 mill. Philly, Chicago, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, New York, are all options.

He wasn't terrible this year, he had better stats than his previous season. Except the wins, but that's probably just because Dallas underachieved this year.

62Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:01 pm

One thing is 100% certain though, there isnt a player in The NHL with more pressure on him then Price now. This will either make or break his career, dont care if he is 22, this year will be the deciding factor in what way he goes.

63Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:10 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Dash wrote:Do people still think Turco is a full time starter? Maybe I am thinking of last season, not this past season, but didn't he have a horrible year? Dallas has their doubts obviously. Do you think he will really get paid $4M?

I think somebody will give him 3 or 4 mill. Philly, Chicago, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, New York, are all options.

He wasn't terrible this year, he had better stats than his previous season. Except the wins, but that's probably just because Dallas underachieved this year.

That would be the biggest mistake. Haven't they learned from Huet? They will be lucky to get rid of him, I cannot see them adding another old overpaid player. Especially with Niemi likely going to get a big raise in the $3-$4M range

64Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:20 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Lolek

65Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:One thing is 100% certain though, there isnt a player in The NHL with more pressure on him then Price now. This will either make or break his career, dont care if he is 22, this year will be the deciding factor in what way he goes.

That's the thing, the guy's another one and a half to two years away from being a top notch starter. That's my opinion, but I think it's been shown how streaky and prone to mistakes and meltdowns Price is, that's just maturity. He's got canyons in his game, like the entire top 3rd of the net, but he'll get a lot better with age. But it won't happen for another one and a half to two seasons IMO.

Which is why this trade boggles my mind right now.

66Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What I think happened is the Canadiens offered Price around the league and got absolutely horrendous returns back and they weren't willing to trade him for scraps only to see him emerge into a top goalie, so they took a massive risk, traded Huet for a much better return and are now down on their knees praying.

That's pretty much what I think went down. No one wanted to be the guy who traded Price for a "project" like Latendresse - only to see Price dominate.

67Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:32 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Ill say Biron is the guy that they go after and sign.
i agree. Biron will be cheap ad will be happy to play in montreal. if MTL fans have half a memory they'll remember that he's the goalie that took them out of the playoffs a few years ago.

i also agree that Halak's value is pretty high but i'm not sure he'll never repeat it.
and i completely agree that MTL got Robbed capital "R"

Eller is looking good from what i can see on Paper but i think Halak could have fetched at least a top 6 forward plus Eller..? i expected that kind of return fro price.
MTL is going to go mad. quick gautier find a hole to hide in.
Burning Car

68Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:34 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:I wouldn't trade Carter for a guy who's had 1 good playoffs.

How about a guy who had a good 2 years?

69Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:35 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

from dallas dave:

Hey guys,

Sorry I couldn't break this one for you but I do have some interesting news. Everyone seems to be assuming that Carey Price is now the man in Montreal. This is not necessarily the case. Pierre Gauthier has even spoke publicly that he could possibly trade both goaltenders, and there is a "possibility" that will occur.

It's still quite possible that Price is the man come October, but there are rumors swirling that at least one team is contemplating an offersheet on Carey Price. This is somewhat similar to the Kessel situation, in that one team is willing to offer Price more money than what Montreal is prepared to offer, so a trade is the better route to go as the offersheet is still viewed as taboo.

In the scenario that Price leaves Montreal, Gauthier can then take advantage of the glut of goalies available this summer, whether it be Mason or even Marty Turco.

Nothing is set in stone yet, but don't be surprised if you hear Carey Price is being shipped out as well.

Dallas Dave

that would be nuts. but with so many goaltenders being available could MTL offer nabokov 4 mill and get him?

70Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:35 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I still cannot fathom what organization would choose Carey Price over Halak and what he did for Montreal. It's not like this guy is a flash in the pan, he's evolved into an amazing goalie.

Diddling insane.

IT's more like: Halak vs Price + Plekanec

71Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No way Jose. He's getting 5+. Probably 5.5 on a 5 or 6 year deal.

72Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
IT's more like: Halak vs Price + Plekanec

Halak easily. I'm sorry, I'm not sold on Price at all and I'm 100% not sold on Plekanec. I think he had an excellent year, but I'm just not sold he can do it consistently.

73Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Avs just traded TJ Hensick to the Blues for Julian Talbot.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=71804

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=78349

Laugh1 I had it all diddled up at first.

74Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:41 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

You mean the BLues got HEnsick right?

EDIT: And I disagree about PLekanec. He has been consistent enough for me and gotten better every year (except for that one collapse season from the entire team). He just needs a sniper to play with. Can't make one line work alone.
I would take Price + PLekanec combo. Gomez/Lapierre/Metropolit in the middle is scary awful.

Last edited by marakh on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

75Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:from dallas dave:

Hey guys,

Sorry I couldn't break this one for you but I do have some interesting news. Everyone seems to be assuming that Carey Price is now the man in Montreal. This is not necessarily the case. Pierre Gauthier has even spoke publicly that he could possibly trade both goaltenders, and there is a "possibility" that will occur.

It's still quite possible that Price is the man come October, but there are rumors swirling that at least one team is contemplating an offersheet on Carey Price. This is somewhat similar to the Kessel situation, in that one team is willing to offer Price more money than what Montreal is prepared to offer, so a trade is the better route to go as the offersheet is still viewed as taboo.

In the scenario that Price leaves Montreal, Gauthier can then take advantage of the glut of goalies available this summer, whether it be Mason or even Marty Turco.

Nothing is set in stone yet, but don't be surprised if you hear Carey Price is being shipped out as well.

Dallas Dave

that would be nuts. but with so many goaltenders being available could MTL offer nabokov 4 mill and get him?

If this was the case, wouldn't Montreal have kept Halak? Or maybe Halak didn't want to be there.... Ahhhhh!

76Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:You mean the BLues got HEnsick right?

Indeed.

77Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Thats a weird one. They are the same age and same position.

78Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 5 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:45 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I wouldn't trade Carter for a guy who's had 1 good playoffs.

How about a guy who had a good 2 years?

Which isn't really Halak...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum