GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED!

+14
dennycrane
shabbs
stempniaksen
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Havlat9
Riprock
SensGirl11
PTFlea
asq2
M_Christopher
SDH89
Ev
SensHulk
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

76Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:44 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:You mean the BLues got HEnsick right?

Indeed.

77Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Thats a weird one. They are the same age and same position.

78Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:45 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I wouldn't trade Carter for a guy who's had 1 good playoffs.

How about a guy who had a good 2 years?

Which isn't really Halak...

79Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
marakh wrote:

Year and a half at .919, then a stellar playoff at .924. Those are sick stats. On a lot of shots too, Montreal gave up a truckload of shots.

80Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:51 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:from dallas dave:

Hey guys,

Sorry I couldn't break this one for you but I do have some interesting news. Everyone seems to be assuming that Carey Price is now the man in Montreal. This is not necessarily the case. Pierre Gauthier has even spoke publicly that he could possibly trade both goaltenders, and there is a "possibility" that will occur.

It's still quite possible that Price is the man come October, but there are rumors swirling that at least one team is contemplating an offersheet on Carey Price. This is somewhat similar to the Kessel situation, in that one team is willing to offer Price more money than what Montreal is prepared to offer, so a trade is the better route to go as the offersheet is still viewed as taboo.

In the scenario that Price leaves Montreal, Gauthier can then take advantage of the glut of goalies available this summer, whether it be Mason or even Marty Turco.

Nothing is set in stone yet, but don't be surprised if you hear Carey Price is being shipped out as well.

Dallas Dave

that would be nuts. but with so many goaltenders being available could MTL offer nabokov 4 mill and get him?
couple thoughts on this:
A: Halak had asked gainey for a trade an either the habs don't want someone on the team that's asked for a trade or Halak still wanted out.
B: plain and simple when the habs season ended Halak was asked how much he wanted for his next contract and he responded he didn't want to talk now. so maybe that sent signals to the habs that he wanted to either try and receive an offer sheet(which could of been better then this dealIMO) or was going to hold out and get a 1 year arbitration.

IMO halak will not fetch more the 4mill for that one great year. 4. 5 tops

If this was the case, wouldn't Montreal have kept Halak? Or maybe Halak didn't want to be there.... Ahhhhh!

81Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:52 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

maybe Halak still gets an offer sheet from another team.... oh that would bite for the blues.

82Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:58 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
marakh wrote:

Halak was always good. Ig anything I think HE wasn't given enough chance. Price has a bad stretch, they play Halak, he wins 3-4 then has a bad one, then back to Price. That was in 08-09 and I remember it very well.

83Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:02 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
marakh wrote:

Halak was always good. Ig anything I think HE wasn't given enough chance. Price has a bad stretch, they play Halak, he wins 3-4 then has a bad one, then back to Price. That was in 08-09 and I remember it very well.

Yes, but Price earned that in 08/09 after what he had accomplished the in 07-08. He was the better goaltender at that time, and he was and still is their golden boy, so they had to keep playing him that year. Halak was ok that year, but he only started 34 games...so basically he's had 1 good year when you combine the two seasons.

I'd be hesistant to trade my best goal-scorer in Carter for a guy who has had such little experience. I wouldn't trade him for Price either.

84Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:32 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

1) Montreal management has deduced that Halak has peaked and that trading him while his value is highest is the right move (agreed).

2) Goalies have zero value nowadays, so don't be suprised by this minimal return.

3) Blues fans talk about Eller like he's the next Gretzky. Out of all their good young players most Blues fans have Eller as one of the best (ahead of Berglund, Perron, ect..) so obviously Eller is getting undervalued hard.

This just doesn't surprise me that much to be honest. It's surprising that the new Montreal management would be willing to take such a hit PR wise, but hockey-wise this isn't surprising in the least.

85Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:37 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I don't really get this... WHo cares if Halak has peaked when his peak level is top 5 in the league?

86Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:39 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

stempniaksen wrote:1) Montreal management has deduced that Halak has peaked and that trading him while his value is highest is the right move (agreed).

2) Goalies have zero value nowadays, so don't be suprised by this minimal return.

3) Blues fans talk about Eller like he's the next Gretzky. Out of all their good young players most Blues fans have Eller as one of the best (ahead of Berglund, Perron, ect..) so obviously Eller is getting undervalued hard.

This just doesn't surprise me that much to be honest. It's surprising that the new Montreal management would be willing to take such a hit PR wise, but hockey-wise this isn't surprising in the least.

will the habs sell out all their games next year? yes.
there's not much of a hit with such a dedicated fan base.

maybe plekanec will walk? that makes gomez the 1st line center. would eller be capable of walking in and doing a half deceny jobat number 2?
this will be interesting to say the least...

87Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:56 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, one of them had to go. They could not keep that up. And Halak had asked to be traded once before. With Price as their "golden boy" it was written already... unless they won the Cup with Halak.

88Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:maybe Halak still gets an offer sheet from another team.... oh that would bite for the blues.

They'll just match with a 10% discount. It might actually be favourable.

89Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:1) Montreal management has deduced that Halak has peaked and that trading him while his value is highest is the right move (agreed).

Remember when I was saying that I thought Blues fans were absolutely delusional? I present exhibit A.

90Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:13 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Remember when I was saying that I thought Blues fans were absolutely delusional? I present exhibit A.
Laughing3

91Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:49 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

an offer sheet might have been of better value.....I don't get why they didn't wanna wait at least till draft day. That's when gms wanna make a splash. Gauthier could of gotten a much better result.

I get that goalies are undervalued now, as the past few cup finals haven't featured elite goaltenders at all(save for Cam Ward, and even then he was just a backup).

but come on! he was the talk of the league! I can't believe this actually happened with Halak! Good luck filling those skates Carey

92Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

From a purely pedigree standpoint, Leclaire and Price are pretty much neck and neck. Depending on who they bring in as a back up, Elliott could be as solid or moreso. This is the first time we've rivalled them in net for a long time - save for perhaps Hasek.

Now, if we ice a better team in front of our tenders than they do, we have an excellent chance of staying above them in the standings - which is what it's all about. Ahhhhh!

93Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:16 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:From a purely pedigree standpoint, Leclaire and Price are pretty much neck and neck. Depending on who they bring in as a back up, Elliott could be as solid or moreso. This is the first time we've rivalled them in net for a long time - save for perhaps Hasek.

Now, if we ice a better team in front of our tenders than they do, we have an excellent chance of staying above them in the standings - which is what it's all about. Ahhhhh!

And Blues fans are the crazy ones...right Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 805406 Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 6 235689

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum