GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED!

+14
dennycrane
shabbs
stempniaksen
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Havlat9
Riprock
SensGirl11
PTFlea
asq2
M_Christopher
SDH89
Ev
SensHulk
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

106Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:46 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

4 first round picks for $6.5M or more? There goes my dream of offer sheet for Shea Weber Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 521674

107Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:52 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

LOL offersheeted. Did Dallas Dave just use offer sheet as a verb?

108Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:02 am

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 62136 I was wondering the same thing!

109Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:32 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:Comment from Dallas_Dave:

Hold on to your hats folks, Carey Price could be
traded by Montreal by draft day as well. Perhaps even offersheeted.

I personally agree with this statement. Not so much the offer-sheet, but the trade angle.

Really? I fail to see the logic in this...

Going back to hockeybuzz (sigh) Eklund posted a bunch of players that will likely be offersheeted. It's too bad he has the Leafs signing virtually everybody to offer sheets. Almost impossible when you don't have a 1st rd draft pick...

110Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:59 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

In all fairness, and without having read the actual article, the Leafs could sign RFAs to an offer sheet within the range where the compensation does not require a 1st round pick.

Also, hypothetically, what if the Leafs traded Kaberle to Boston for their (TOR's) 1st next year and Wideman?

111Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:41 pm

I don't think Boston would be that dumb. The value of draft picks, specifically 1st rounders, has sky-rocketed. Drafting young talent with ELCs is the cheapest, most effective way to put forth a competitve team. Take Boston for instance, they add what will likely be a dynamic offensive threat for the next three years at a such a small cap hit. If they wanted a defensive prospect, they could move their 15th and a player to pick up Fowler or Gudbranson. It's just the smarter thing to do these days

112Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:41 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

FriedmanHNIC
Reports say Chris Mason asked for 3 years, $11.25 million from St. Louis. Blues decided to commit that money to someone who was 25, not 34.
43 minutes ago via web
Retweeted by SpectorsHockey and 6 others

Makes sense on St. Louis' side.

113Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote: FriedmanHNIC
Reports say Chris Mason asked for 3 years, $11.25 million from St. Louis. Blues decided to commit that money to someone who was 25, not 34.
43 minutes ago via web
Retweeted by SpectorsHockey and 6 others

Makes sense on St. Louis' side.

It all makes sense IMO from St.Louis' side.

114Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:In all fairness, and without having read the actual article, the Leafs could sign RFAs to an offer sheet within the range where the compensation does not require a 1st round pick.

Also, hypothetically, what if the Leafs traded Kaberle to Boston for their (TOR's) 1st next year and Wideman?

No chance they let go of that pick IMO.

115Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:4 first round picks for $6.5M or more? There goes my dream of offer sheet for Shea Weber Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 521674

I'll pay that for Shea.

116Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:59 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:4 first round picks for $6.5M or more? There goes my dream of offer sheet for Shea Weber Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 521674

I'll pay that for Shea.

And if he doesn't re-sign?

117Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalfie wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I'll pay that for Shea.

What do you mean? I'd sign him to an offer sheet at 7 X 7 and give up the picks necessary. You mean...what if he doesn't re-sign after the 7 years?

EDIT: For the record, he's one of only a couple of players I'd try to poach. I can't even really think of another one right now...Doughty is NOT moving anywhere, so that's out. Shea, I think could be enticed to sign a massive offer sheet. That's just my opinion.

118Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Let's be clear about one thing. Jaroslav Halak loved Mtl, his teammates and the fans. All he wanted was the opportunity to play.

From Dreger. Wow, that hurts for Habs fans even more. I thought he might have asked out.

119Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:30 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I'll pay that for Shea.

What do you mean? I'd sign him to an offer sheet at 7 X 7 and give up the picks necessary. You mean...what if he doesn't re-sign after the 7 years?

EDIT: For the record, he's one of only a couple of players I'd try to poach. I can't even really think of another one right now...Doughty is NOT moving anywhere, so that's out. Shea, I think could be enticed to sign a massive offer sheet. That's just my opinion.

True. I wasn't thinking. I figured it would be a 2 year 7 million or something. I guess you'd have to sign him to a monster contract to jusify the draft picks

120Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:30 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

This trade made no sense for Montreal from the beginning, that part is safe to say. Nothing against Eller or Schultz, but Halak was playing at the top of the league in terms of skill and stats. and his value must have been high. This reeks of panic and desperation. A rookie GM maybe pulling the trigger too early, perhaps outside pressure from ownership and coaching, who knows.

Only way this trade favours Montreal is if Halak signs for $5M+ and/or leaves the NHL. Still, there's no way of knowing what he would have done to stay in Montreal.

121Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:36 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Let's be clear about one thing. Jaroslav Halak loved Mtl, his teammates and the fans. All he wanted was the opportunity to play.

From Dreger. Wow, that hurts for Habs fans even more. I thought he might have asked out.

Ouch! I didn't really doubt for a second that he wanted to be there but, as he says he wanted playing time. If they weren't willing to name him their number 1 starter than he definitely didn't want to stay. Why they wouldn't give him the number 1 job after the playoffs he had is beyond me. (if that's actually what happened of course). Halak dealt with the pressure in Montreal like it was nothing, from what I saw. There wasn't a moment where I thought he would fold under the pressure there. He took everything in stride and everytime he had a bad game, he came back and stood on his head. This guy is money. Even if he wanted $5million I would've done it. But, maybe that's why I'm not a GM. (or a real one anyway) Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 159628

122Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:42 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Would you rather have Plekanec or Halak? I guess that was part of the problem too for them...maybe.

123Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! - Page 8 Empty Re: Halak Traded to Blues - CONFIRMED! Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:46 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Kovalfie wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I'll pay that for Shea.

True. I wasn't thinking. I figured it would be a 2 year 7 million or something. I guess you'd have to sign him to a monster contract to jusify the draft picks

Come on SD....4 first round picks isn't worth it. Maybe in the Muckler era, but in the Murray era, no way dude

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum