GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

So lets say Volchie doesn't sign.... then what?

+13
sens4win
wprager
Ev
Riprock
Phoenix30
Jordo
PKC
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
PTFlea
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Ev wrote:I can't see Carkner being on the team next season.

Why?

700 grand
physical presence
moves the puck

I would rather him than campoli

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He's a liability defensively and has only stayed on the team because of his fighting.

Sophomore
Sophomore

someone has to do it, and at 700k and averaging 16 minutes a game he is useful-im sure Neil appreciates the help.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Carkner's really useful. 700K, he hits, fights, clears the crease. We really got lucky there.

Big Ev wrote:He's a liability defensively and has only stayed on the team because of his fighting.
He has been a liability lately, but so are most number 6 defenceman in the league.

cain69

Prospect
Prospect

I think Ottawa should bring back Yashin next season if they can.
Who knows may be he has turned a new leaf. So lets say Volchie doesn't sign.... then what? - Page 7 68890(A Maple Leaf ) So lets say Volchie doesn't sign.... then what? - Page 7 159628 mmmmm
Think about it?
So lets say Volchie doesn't sign.... then what? - Page 7 441415 Yashin/ Fisher/ Kovalev So lets say Volchie doesn't sign.... then what? - Page 7 233319
on the 2nd Line

Last edited by cain69 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Carkner is a perfect number 6, 7 D man making almost a league min. He keeps the room loose, he works the PK, and he is a guy that makes other teams accountable. Carkner will be here next year, the year after, and there is a good chance he will be in Ottawa for the next 4 or 5 years.

This guy was about to crack the NHL with Pitts right after the lockout but a knee injury cost him, that's why he is a 29 year old rookie.

Again, not the brightest comment from well, not the brightest poster.

111519 wrote:Obviously not the right lineups but still shows the right players at the right prices.

AUTO-GENERATED CAPGEEK.COM LINES
FORWARDS
Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / Alexei Kovalev ($5.000m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($4.875m)
Milan Michalek ($4.333m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / * Matt Cullen ($2.875m)
Chris Kelly ($2.125m) / Chris Neil ($2.000m) / Jarkko Ruutu ($1.300m)
* Nick Foligno ($1.000m) / * Peter Regin ($1.000m) / Ryan Shannon ($0.625m)
Zack Smith ($0.583m)
DEFENSEMEN
Chris Phillips ($3.500m) / * Dennis Seidenberg ($3.000m)
* Andy Sutton ($2.500m) / Jared Cowen ($1.325m)
Erik Karlsson ($1.300m) / * Chris Campoli ($0.850m)
Matt Carkner ($0.700m)
GOALTENDERS
Pascal Leclaire ($3.800m) / Brian Elliott ($0.850m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $56.004m; CAP ROOM: $1.646m BONUSES: $0.850m

I think we resign Sutton and keep either Volchenkov or Kuba but not both. I also don't think Cowen makes the team next year.

RobbyJ wrote:
Big Ev wrote:He's a liability defensively and has only stayed on the team because of his fighting.
He has been a liability lately, but so are most number 6 defenceman in the league.

it's not even that bad, the guy makes mistakes but still somehow has manage to play in every game, on a winning team... he has had a year better then anyone could have hoped for.

N4L wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

it's not even that bad, the guy makes mistakes but still somehow has manage to play in every game, on a winning team... he has had a year better then anyone could have hoped for.

Don't get me wrong, I'm defending Carkner. He just had a bad spell for 5-6 games after the break (as did everyone).

I know, Im just saying, Carkner has been everything and more to The Sens this year. Just trying to enforce what you said. Sorry if that came off poorly.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Carkner is a perfect number 6, 7 D man making almost a league min. He keeps the room loose, he works the PK, and he is a guy that makes other teams accountable. Carkner will be here next year, the year after, and there is a good chance he will be in Ottawa for the next 4 or 5 years.

This guy was about to crack the NHL with Pitts right after the lockout but a knee injury cost him, that's why he is a 29 year old rookie.

Again, not the brightest comment from well, not the brightest poster.

The next 4 or 5 years? Not a chance, and if that is the case, then management doesn't know what they are doing.

and again with the holier than thou attitude. Keep it up...

I thought you had me on ignore?

Not blowing my own horn here, you just keep saying stuff like that. Your general knowledge of the game is lacking to say the very least.

If you keep saying stupid crap, Ill keep calling you out on it. Simple as that.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So it's stupid to say that, in my opinion, we shouldn't re-sign Carkner because he is an average 6th defenseman who you can find just about anywhere? You're a joke...

Big Ev wrote:So it's stupid to say that, in my opinion, we shouldn't re-sign Carkner because he is an average 6th defenseman who you can find just about anywhere? You're a joke...

Oh ya eh... where can you find a 6, 7 D man who can play 15 mins and fight anyone in the league? For league min... go ahead.

Dude, literally, people here think you're an idiot, up and down. You say dumb things over and over, you have no conception of what reality is in hockey, and you actually think you make good, smart, informative points, hell, what you say isnt even interesting, it's usually just moronic in every sense.

Big Ev wrote:So it's stupid to say that, in my opinion, we shouldn't re-sign Carkner because he is an average 6th defenseman who you can find just about anywhere? You're a joke...
So what do you want in a 6th defenceman. He's tough, serviceable and really cheap. Do you want to replace him just for the sake of replacing him. I don't get your point.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely, you can disagree and you can explain why, but refrain from name calling. Enough is enough.

Big Ev, seriously, he's got a point. Carkner, in a 5/6 position, does not hurt the team. When he was playing second pairing minutes, different story. Remem er when we had Grats? Well, Carkner is that *plus* he can play 15 minutes, even on the PK.

On the other hand, Neely, if Carkner continues playing like this, there's no hope in hell he re-signs for league minimum or anywhere close to that. Not after Ferrence got $2.25M. So then the question becomes, do you re-sign him for $2-2.5M (yeah, it *could* get that crazy) or bring up Smith, Gryba or whoever else might be ready at the end of Carkner's contract?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

RobbyJ wrote:
So what do you want in a 6th defenceman. He's tough, serviceable and really cheap. Do you want to replace him just for the sake of replacing him. I don't get your point.

Big Ev was talking about re-signing him, though. He will not be "really cheap" anymore in two years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum