GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Volchie back for Wednesday's game

+4
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Jordo
shabbs
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Volchie back for Wednesday's game Empty Volchie back for Wednesday's game Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:33 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Volchie will be back in the line-up on Wednesday...

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/03/24/8868016.html

Sweet.

2Volchie back for Wednesday's game Empty Re: Volchie back for Wednesday's game Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Yes. Exciting news.

3Volchie back for Wednesday's game Empty Re: Volchie back for Wednesday's game Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yes!

4Volchie back for Wednesday's game Empty Re: Volchie back for Wednesday's game Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:36 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That is great news.

- Unknown Author

5Volchie back for Wednesday's game Empty Re: Volchie back for Wednesday's game Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That will certainly help. Depending on your position w.r.t. tank nation.

6Volchie back for Wednesday's game Empty Re: Volchie back for Wednesday's game Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:46 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

WOO HOO!! Welcome back A-Train!

No word on Smith yet though?

7Volchie back for Wednesday's game Empty Re: Volchie back for Wednesday's game Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:53 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronie wrote:No word on Smith yet though?
Yeah, absolutely nothing... does anyone have any inside info on Smith? Is he done for the season?

8Volchie back for Wednesday's game Empty Re: Volchie back for Wednesday's game Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:55 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

there has not been anything about Smith in the news lately. Weird. Absolutely nothing. I don't know if that is a good thing or not.

9Volchie back for Wednesday's game Empty Re: Volchie back for Wednesday's game Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:WOO HOO!! Welcome back A-Train!

No word on Smith yet though?

Out for the season as confirmed by the Sun in the last injury update on game day - and like most of you, I've heard the rumblings that he might be in deep trouble career-wise.

10Volchie back for Wednesday's game Empty Re: Volchie back for Wednesday's game Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:03 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

well, his hit is then removed from the cap, right?
That also means Murray has to replace him, so small comfort there.

Damn it, I really liked Smith and his veteran knowledge were invaluable assets to this team. This blows.

11Volchie back for Wednesday's game Empty Re: Volchie back for Wednesday's game Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:well, his hit is then removed from the cap, right?
That also means Murray has to replace him, so small comfort there.

Damn it, I really liked Smith and his veteran knowledge were invaluable assets to this team. This blows.

Don't take it as a for sure yet Cronie, this is just some whisperings I've heard. He's definitely done for the season, maybe he'll recover for next season.

If not, we go hard after Ohlund and call it a day. But yes, he's a really good, gritty player, it would be a real shame if he was indeed done.

12Volchie back for Wednesday's game Empty Re: Volchie back for Wednesday's game Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:09 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

The weird thing about that injury upate in the Sun was that, under Picard it says "out for season", Bass "Out for season", Smith "season"...weird stuff. I didn't really know what that meant, why wouldn't it say "out for season" like the others. Are they unsure?

As for Volchenkov, WELCOME BACK WARRIOR!!!!! We need you badly!!

13Volchie back for Wednesday's game Empty Re: Volchie back for Wednesday's game Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh I completely understand Heater, but the thing is, I've heard the exact same whispers, so essentially I'm preparing for the worst.

I expect some serious competition for Ohlund's services this off-season, especially if he turns it on in the post-season.

As for A-Train, glad to have you back, now get back to laying MONSTER hits. Smile

14Volchie back for Wednesday's game Empty Re: Volchie back for Wednesday's game Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:Oh I completely understand Heater, but the thing is, I've heard the exact same whispers, so essentially I'm preparing for the worst.

I expect some serious competition for Ohlund's services this off-season, especially if he turns it on in the post-season.

As for A-Train, glad to have you back, now get back to laying MONSTER hits. Smile

I'm starting to believe 100% that players can't handle A-Train's hits anymore. We saw that tool on Montreal take a penalty for holding his stick after A-Train ruined him. We'll see it more and more. He's like Regehr, but he might have a knack for finding guys streaking in and ending them that's even better. They're a few years apart, but there's a possibility that A-Train might end up as THE shutdown D-man.

15Volchie back for Wednesday's game Empty Re: Volchie back for Wednesday's game Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:14 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
Cronie wrote:Oh I completely understand Heater, but the thing is, I've heard the exact same whispers, so essentially I'm preparing for the worst.

I'm starting to believe 100% that players can't handle A-Train's hits anymore. We saw that tool on Montreal take a penalty for holding his stick after A-Train ruined him. We'll see it more and more. He's like Regehr, but he might have a knack for finding guys streaking in and ending them that's even better. They're a few years apart, but there's a possibility that A-Train might end up as THE shutdown D-man.

Bang on dude. I've noticed the same things lately. Also the fact that most streaking players throw the puck in on Philips' side and not A-train.

If A-train is turning into that SHUTDOWN beast (and I KNOW he is) Murray better ink to a juicy but fair extension and QUICK. I do NOT want to see this warrior slip through our fingers...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum