GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let's sign Doan..

+9
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
PKC
The Silfer Server
asq2
davetherave
Riprock
Mojo
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Let's sign Doan.. Empty Let's sign Doan.. Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:18 pm

if Phoenix moves to Hamilton...

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Sports/Hockey/2009/06/13/9785326-sun.html

2Let's sign Doan.. Empty Re: Let's sign Doan.. Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would love that. Doan is the Canadian Alfie.

3Let's sign Doan.. Empty Re: Let's sign Doan.. Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:05 am

Canadian Alfie lol

4Let's sign Doan.. Empty Re: Let's sign Doan.. Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:56 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I don't know what the hell Doan is talking about. Clearly he doesn't like the idea of moving to Hamilton, but does he honestly think he has a legal leg to stand on? He's perfectly entitled to ask for a trade if he wants, but his "loophole" is a pretty weak one.

5Let's sign Doan.. Empty Re: Let's sign Doan.. Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:14 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I guess he figures his contract is with the Phoenix Coyotes, not the Hamilton whatever's. I don't know why he's being like this.

6Let's sign Doan.. Empty Re: Let's sign Doan.. Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:31 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Here's what Renzo wrote on the "What's Next for the Senators" thread:

Re: What's next for The Senators?
TeamRenzo Yesterday at 7:07 pm
TeamRenzo wrote:
PKC wrote:
beerandsens wrote:
Boo-boo's latest: Panthers desperate to deal defenseman
Ha ha if you read on it says Shane Doan will try to establish himself as a free agent if the Coyotes relocate. The logic? He has a no movement/no trade/no relocate type of clause in his contract, so relocating the team will nullify his deal and he will test the FA market.
What a moron...why would he want to do that just as his team's about to be relocated to a much more hockey-friendly area with an owner with VERY deep pockets? Is this guy stupid?

He doesn't want to leave Phoenix, he has made a life there which is why he asked for the no trade clause. He has friends, family and his kids are in school.

I totally see why he wouldn't want to move to Hamilton.
In any case, the Doan thing is, at this point, a rumour started by Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun.

7Let's sign Doan.. Empty Re: Let's sign Doan.. Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:12 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I would love that. Doan is the Canadian Alfie.

Great heart, but I don't think he's the same calibre.

8Let's sign Doan.. Empty Re: Let's sign Doan.. Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:42 pm

davetherave wrote:Here's what Renzo wrote on the "What's Next for the Senators" thread:

<blockquote class="content clearfix">
TeamRenzo wrote:
PKC wrote:
beerandsens wrote:
Ha ha if you read on it says Shane Doan will try to establish himself as a free agent if the Coyotes relocate. The logic? He has a no movement/no trade/no relocate type of clause in his contract, so relocating the team will nullify his deal and he will test the FA market.
What a moron...why would he want to do that just as his team's about to be relocated to a much more hockey-friendly area with an owner with VERY deep pockets? Is this guy stupid?

He doesn't want to leave Phoenix, he has made a life there which is why he asked for the no trade clause. He has friends, family and his kids are in school.

</blockquote>
In any case, the Doan thing is, at this point, a rumour started by Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun.

Big Bruce wouldn't start rumours. He's the epitome of journalistic integrity.

9Let's sign Doan.. Empty Re: Let's sign Doan.. Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:10 pm

Doan will stay in the West, probably the pacific. There is a reason he doesnt want to move Pho, so he will stay close to home IMO.

Throw this one out the window if your a Sens fan.

10Let's sign Doan.. Empty Re: Let's sign Doan.. Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:26 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

davetherave wrote:Here's what Renzo wrote on the "What's Next for the Senators" thread:

TeamRenzo wrote:
PKC wrote:
beerandsens wrote:

He's exactly right. I totally understand why Doan wouldn't want to leave. Unfortunately for Doan, it probably won't work out that way for him.

11Let's sign Doan.. Empty Re: Let's sign Doan.. Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:37 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but in the CBA, article 11.8.b it reads:

CBA wrote:"A no-move clause may prevent the involuntary relocation of a Player, whether by Trade, Loan or Waiver claim."

The only chance Doan has is if Loan he claims that relocation is a form of Loan... But the CBA defines Loan as:

CBA wrote:"the transfer of a Player from a Club's Active Roster, Non-Roster, Injured Non-Roster or Injured Reserve List to the roster of a club outside the NHL."

Since the new Hamilton team is going to be in the NHL (obviously), he doesn't really have a chance to get out of the contract.

12Let's sign Doan.. Empty Re: Let's sign Doan.. Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:40 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Why are we still talking about this when we only have that fat-mouthed buffoon's word to take for on all of this?

This is all made up nonsense...

13Let's sign Doan.. Empty Re: Let's sign Doan.. Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:43 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Because, unfortunately, there is little else to talk about. Besides, it's kind of fun completely destroying his rumours.

14Let's sign Doan.. Empty Re: Let's sign Doan.. Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mojo wrote:
He's exactly right. I totally understand why Doan wouldn't want to leave. Unfortunately for Doan, it probably won't work out that way for him.

He'll demand a trade to a Pacific team - and Phoenix will oblige. He's done enough for that franchise - and they're moving as far away as possible from his home.

15Let's sign Doan.. Empty Re: Let's sign Doan.. Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:07 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i have a question which i dont know where it would go lets say phoenix moves to hamilton do they stay a western conference team and if not and they become an eastern conference team who becomes a west team to even out the conferences?????

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum