GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

lets just say

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1lets just say Empty lets just say Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:00 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

If the NYI called and said they wanted Heatley and would give no players back but there 1st pick in 2010 and 2011, would you do it?

I would, we shed the 7.5 million have 3 number one picks in the next two years, and could go out and sign guys like comrie, sykora, and bertuzzi in the mean time.

alfie spezza sykora
shannon comrie kovalev
foligno fisher bertuzzi
rutuu winchester neil

now think about three number one picks and cowen karlsson on their way.

2lets just say Empty Re: lets just say Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:09 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

[quote="111519"]If the NYI called and said they wanted Heatley and would give no players back but there 1st pick in 2010 and 2011, would you do it?

I would, we shed the 7.5 million have 3 number one picks in the next two years, and could go out and sign guys like comrie, sykora, and bertuzzi in the mean time.

alfie spezza sykora
shannon comrie kovalev
foligno fisher bertuzzi
rutuu winchester neil

now think about three number one picks and cowen karlsson on their way.[/quote

It's tough because picks are always a crapshoot (Daigle), but I'd do it. The loss of 7.5 with nothing significant coming back (except potential) would be enough for me. We're at a place now where cap room almost equals players coming back. We have an AHL logjam. I'd bite and hope.

3lets just say Empty Re: lets just say Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:18 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

111519 wrote:If the NYI called and said they wanted Heatley and would give no players back but there 1st pick in 2010 and 2011, would you do it?

alfie spezza sykora
shannon comrie kovalev
foligno fisher bertuzzi
rutuu winchester neil

First off, acquiring those two first round picks from the Islanders gives us four (4) first round picks in the next two years.
Apart from that, I'd say no. Neither of those picks are guaranteed per se to be very high first picks (at least top 3). And besides that, you need proven talent coming back. Despite the fact that scouting these days rarely produce top 5 busts in the draft, you never know.

4lets just say Empty Re: lets just say Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd do it in a ... wait for it ... New Your (Islanders) minute.

5lets just say Empty Re: lets just say Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:42 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:I'd do it in a ... wait for it ... New Your (Islanders) minute.

Ugh.

That hurt.

6lets just say Empty Re: lets just say Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Acrobat wrote:

Ugh.

That hurt.

You know what they say -- "A pun is its own re-word".

7lets just say Empty Re: lets just say Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

Ugh.

That hurt.

You know what they say -- "A pun is its own re-word".

Very pun-ny.

8lets just say Empty Re: lets just say Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:25 am

111519 wrote:If the NYI called and said they wanted Heatley and would give no players back but there 1st pick in 2010 and 2011, would you do it?

alfie spezza sykora
shannon comrie kovalev
foligno fisher bertuzzi
rutuu winchester neil

In a heartbeat. The cap space alone gives me a boner. Not to mention Taylor Hall.

EDIT: I should clarify that the above statement does NOT mean that Taylor Hall gives me a boner. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Last edited by Zoolander on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total

9lets just say Empty Re: lets just say Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:26 am

PKC wrote:

alfie spezza sykora
shannon comrie kovalev
foligno fisher bertuzzi
rutuu winchester neil

First off, acquiring those two first round picks from the Islanders gives us four (4) first round picks in the next two years.
Apart from that, I'd say no. Neither of those picks are guaranteed per se to be very high first picks (at least top 3). And besides that, you need proven talent coming back. Despite the fact that scouting these days rarely produce top 5 busts in the draft, you never know.

Do you see the Islanders climbing out of the basement this season? With the exception of Colorado, I don't see many teams that are worse atm.

10lets just say Empty Re: lets just say Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:50 am

Zoolander wrote:

alfie spezza sykora
shannon comrie kovalev
foligno fisher bertuzzi
rutuu winchester neil

In a heartbeat. The cap space alone gives me a boner. Not to mention Taylor Hall.

EDIT: I should clarify that the above statement does NOT mean that Taylor Hall gives me a boner. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Good thing you put in the edit... not that there would have been anything wrong with that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum