GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

So lets say Volchie doesn't sign.... then what?

+13
sens4win
wprager
Ev
Riprock
Phoenix30
Jordo
PKC
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
PTFlea
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

Oh gotta love GM arm chairing.

Here is an idea.

Kovalev, Leclaire, and Campoli for Vokoun, Horton and a pick or prospect.

Both teams get something and the cap hit is close. Vokoun comes in for 1 year and shores up our net and horton provides a big body up front.

Florida gets a young kid in Leclaire who can rebound and flourish in an environment where hockey doesn't matter. Kovalev also brings a bit of star power to the roster and may excel further outside of a hockey market. Campoli adds their defence.

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:I think Kelly becomes expendable. Zack can step in for cheaper. With Kelly's great year his value is higher and he could get a decent prospect or pick only with the cap savings he would provide.

I'd really like to see Atrain, Sutton, and Cullen resigned. All provide an element this team needs moving forward. Regardless how good he may be in the locker room for the younger guys his 5million is too much to carry. Hopefully its his contract that gets moved at the deadline. Maybe 2 teams looking for a bit of star power to bring them along for 1 year. Maybe Edmonton or Florida. yeah not likely but one can dream.

Smith cant do what Kelly does, why do people keep saying it around here? Kelly is a 35-40 point guy every year, a leader, one of the best PK men in The NHL, and outside of Alfi, he is The Sens most conistant forward. The guy hardly ever gets hurt, scores big goals, and can slip in anywhere in the lineup.

Trading Kelly is stupid, period. Anyone who thinks what Kelly does game in and game out can be had for less then 2.1 mil should just stop talking right now.

Cullen also can replace him and brings more scoring. Either way the Sens have too many centers and yes Kelly brings a certain element but something needs to give. Fisher has a NTC that does not change to limit NTC until after next season and I have been more impressed with Cullen than Kelly for the extra bit he can bring so I would not be surprised to see him moved to address another need elsewhere.

I like Cullen and hope The Sens can get him under contract but Cullen still isnt Kelly in terms of his stature in Ottawa and how he has come along in the system. Cullen has more offensive upside for sure, but there is no way you are going to get Cullen for under 2.1 mil to begin with.

There is no way Murray trades a guy bread to play in Ottawa who has a cap hit of 2.1 mil and plays the role he does. No shot. We can all stop talking about it.

Phoenix30 wrote:Oh gotta love GM arm chairing.

Here is an idea.

Both teams get something and the cap hit is close. Vokoun comes in for 1 year and shores up our net and horton provides a big body up front.

Florida gets a young kid in Leclaire who can rebound and flourish in an environment where hockey doesn't matter. Kovalev also brings a bit of star power to the roster and may excel further outside of a hockey market. Campoli adds their defence.

What's with Sens fans always trying to convince themselves their garbage is someone else's treasure? Not only is this trade *****g *****ed, it's embarassing someone would actually try and sell it too.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:I think Kelly becomes expendable. Zack can step in for cheaper. With Kelly's great year his value is higher and he could get a decent prospect or pick only with the cap savings he would provide.

I'd really like to see Atrain, Sutton, and Cullen resigned. All provide an element this team needs moving forward. Regardless how good he may be in the locker room for the younger guys his 5million is too much to carry. Hopefully its his contract that gets moved at the deadline. Maybe 2 teams looking for a bit of star power to bring them along for 1 year. Maybe Edmonton or Florida. yeah not likely but one can dream.

Smith cant do what Kelly does, why do people keep saying it around here? Kelly is a 35-40 point guy every year, a leader, one of the best PK men in The NHL, and outside of Alfi, he is The Sens most conistant forward. The guy hardly ever gets hurt, scores big goals, and can slip in anywhere in the lineup.

Trading Kelly is stupid, period. Anyone who thinks what Kelly does game in and game out can be had for less then 2.1 mil should just stop talking right now.

Kelly at best has scored 38 pts in the 2006/07 season. Aside from that he has 3-30 pts seasons and 1-23pts season since 05. Cullen is more of the 40-50 pt guy on average of those years, and can kill penalties as well. If he resigns for cheap I think Kelly becomes expendable unless Fisher decides he wants to move.

Keep telling yourself that. Kelly is about as expendable as Phillips.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:

Here is an idea.

What's with Sens fans always trying to convince themselves their garbage is someone else's treasure? Not only is this trade *****g *****ed, it's embarassing someone would actually try and sell it too.

its called armchairing for a reason....you are no fun and take the chill pill.

There is arm chairing and then there is that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here is an idea.

Horton would cost you more than that entire package combined. Michalek + for Horton. Vokoun...you don't even want to know, but it would start with one of Cowen, Wiercioch, Lehner etc.

I doubt there will be much difference from the roster below with the exception of Cheechoo replacing Michalek if he is on LTIR next season, Cowen pushing out Lee or Murray finding a Gaineyesque GM willing to take Leclaire. I think Murray gives Foligno, Regin and Campoli one year deals knowing that he has cap space the following year if any of them light it up.

FORWARDS
Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / Alexei Kovalev ($5.000m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($4.875m)
Milan Michalek ($4.333m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / * Matt Cullen ($2.500m)
Chris Kelly ($2.125m) / Chris Neil ($2.000m) / Jarkko Ruutu ($1.300m)
* Nick Foligno ($1.000m) / * Peter Regin ($0.850m) / Ryan Shannon ($0.625m)
Zack Smith ($0.583m)
DEFENSEMEN
Filip Kuba ($3.700m) / Chris Phillips ($3.500m)
* Andy Sutton ($3.000m) / Erik Karlsson ($1.300m)
* Chris Campoli ($0.900m) / Brian Lee ($0.875m)
Matt Carkner ($0.700m)
GOALTENDERS
Pascal Leclaire ($3.800m) / Brian Elliott ($0.850m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $56.279m; CAP ROOM: $0.946m BONUSES: $0.425m

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Here is an idea.

Horton would cost you more than that entire package combined. Michalek + for Horton. Vokoun...you don't even want to know, but it would start with one of Cowen, Wiercioch, Lehner etc.

There is no need to commetn that post. If it's not a joke, I'm worried. lol.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I would like to hear the news of a re-signing of Sutton soon please.

All hail Andy Sutton.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

There's no need to get so emotional over someone's trade proposal - afterall, it's just pure fantasy, so why bother arguing?

What we know is that Florida does not want to ice an expensive team. So they will try to trade off their expensive contracts for cheaper ones, or for picks. This should be sneding off alarms to the NHL. Teams that operate like that cannot compete in the NHL and as if they have enough time filling seats and generating revenue, they cannot afford to keep their stars, so who wants to play there or support a team there?

Florida would likely want two 1sts (or one first and a player) and a 2nd (or player/propsect) for Horton or Booth.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I agree, Chris Kelly is expendable. There are many players in thel eague that can do the same job as him, and you can groom somebody in your farm system to replace him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also, it probably wouldn't happen because things like this never seem to happen to the Sens, but trading for Jordan Staal would be perfect. If, say in a year, Kovalev and Leclaire and some other guys are off the books, we could offer a good package to get Staal. He'd be a 60-70 point guy (he'd have mroe points in Pittsburgh if he wasn't stuck on the third line), great physical presence on the ice, great penalty killing, and he is only 21 years old. He ha s ahuge amount of upside. The Pens might need to trade him sooner or later since they will have to pay other guys to stick around.

Last edited by Big Ev on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Players like Kelly, Fisher, Neil, Phillips, Spezza and Alfredsson are fixtures here.

Because he's in that group, I doubt Kelly (or Fisher, for that matter) gets dealt even if it means making room for, or getting a better player.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Players like Kelly, Fisher, Neil, Phillips, Spezza and Alfredsson are fixtures here.

Because he's in that group, I doubt Kelly (or Fisher, for that matter) gets dealt even if it means making room for, or getting a better player.

Redden was a fixture here, too. Just sayin'

P.S. Clutch, did you change something? When I reply to a post (quote) the message box is way at the bottom of the page -- I actually have to scroll down *after* clicking "Quote" in order to type my reply. The top of the page holds the previous 5 posts, which used to be below the reply box.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Players like Kelly, Fisher, Neil, Phillips, Spezza and Alfredsson are fixtures here.

Redden was a fixture here, too. Just sayin'

P.S. Clutch, did you change something? When I reply to a post (quote) the message box is way at the bottom of the page -- I actually have to scroll down *after* clicking "Quote" in order to type my reply. The top of the page holds the previous 5 posts, which used to be below the reply box.

Yes he was. And look how that turned out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum