GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Matt Cullen to the sens

+21
asq2
Hockeyhero22000
dennycrane
Urkie
Riprock
garblar
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
TeamRenzo
SensGirl11
Devo
stempniaksen
Hoags
M_Christopher
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SensFan71
PTFlea
sens4win
Jordo
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

106Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:47 pm

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:As far as I understood, TB's 1st was only in there if there was an offer sheet, otherwise, it was Kuba, Picard, SJ's 1st. Murray did what he had to do without leaking our talent base dry. Kuba was quite serviceable, Campoli didn't work that well, Picard is part of the Cullen deal. Life goes on, but Mez didn't work either. So it was WAY more of a win for us.

Don't believe that TB would have magically given up a first for Mez, they might be dumb, but they're not THAT dumb.

Every where I read it and heard it was TB's 1st but Murray wanted Picard as well so he had to settle for SJ's 1st if he wanted Picard included.

107Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:48 pm

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

As far as I know, Mez has been a complete bust in TBay.

108Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:51 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
Every where I read it and heard it was TB's 1st but Murray wanted Picard as well so he had to settle for SJ's 1st if he wanted Picard included.

Yeah at first that's what I thought too, but I think it was only gonna be that way if TB re-acquired their pick from the Pens and offered and offer sheet to Mez. From talking to some of the TB fans who seem to know what they're talking about, Lawton is a fool, but he knew the value of TB's 1st in rebuilding and wouldn't have ever offered that.

That's what I understand anyway, but I guess no one will really ever know.

When I said Murray was fixing a mistake - that mistake was thinking Picard has the potential to be something special.

109Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:As far as I know, Mez has been a complete bust in TBay.

Unmitigated disaster.

110Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:54 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Watch us land Barker for Lee.

111Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:55 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Watch us land Barker for Lee.

Wouldn't that be the thing.

112Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No, no, no, no, no, no! Laugh1 Barker is Picard, but a little better. No deal!

113Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:01 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:

Hey now, Barker isn't THAT bad. Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 270956 His contract is but he is quite at Picards uselessness

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

114Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

M_Christopher wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Hey now, Barker isn't THAT bad. Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 270956 His contract is but he is quite at Picards uselessness

Mmmmmm...they're eerily similar. I've started to call Barker Picard 2.0.

115Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:54 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Personally, I like this trade. Picard is brutal. He seems to have no hockey sense at all. Makes constant bad decisions. While it sucks to lose a 2nd, especially with Murray's knack for drafting well, that's the price you pay.

Ya, the 5 D-men thing is a weird choice, but no matter who they call up, can't be worse than having Picard on the ice. I'd take Lee or Smith over Picard for sure.

I agree with whoever said that there's another deal in the works involving some of our forward depth and a 5th/6th D-man for depth. Once Karlsson and Campoli are back, the D-man can go down or get scratched.

116Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:Personally, I like this trade. Picard is brutal. He seems to have no hockey sense at all. Makes constant bad decisions. While it sucks to lose a 2nd, especially with Murray's knack for drafting well, that's the price you pay.

Ya, the 5 D-men thing is a weird choice, but no matter who they call up, can't be worse than having Picard on the ice. I'd take Lee or Smith over Picard for sure.

I agree with whoever said that there's another deal in the works involving some of our forward depth and a 5th/6th D-man for depth. Once Karlsson and Campoli are back, the D-man can go down or get scratched.

Yeah, I agree with all of this.

117Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He'll wear 7 because 8 is the only number in Ottawa retired.

118Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:29 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Is 7 confirmed? Cause he could go 88? or 80?

119Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:30 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:

Well, I was wrong, which will make many people happy.

120Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:32 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

Well, I was wrong, which will make many people happy.
you were right about barker being moved it was a decent prediction

121Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:33 pm

Nothing against Dash here but I think everyone knew Barker was going to be moved, haha.

So glad he isnt in Ottawa.

122Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:34 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:He'll wear 7 because 8 is the only number in Ottawa retired.

Hard to believe Corvo's number isn't up there with Finnigan's. Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 159628

123Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 8 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:38 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Nothing against Dash here but I think everyone knew Barker was going to be moved, haha.

So glad he isnt in Ottawa.

Well, we had so many people here saying how bad he was, and we know who tight Chicago is to the cap, so it was inevitable. Should have known Ottawa wouldn't be interested, we have a smart GM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum