GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Matt Cullen to the sens

+21
asq2
Hockeyhero22000
dennycrane
Urkie
Riprock
garblar
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
TeamRenzo
SensGirl11
Devo
stempniaksen
Hoags
M_Christopher
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SensFan71
PTFlea
sens4win
Jordo
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

46Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:19 am

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

I don't know but did we really need another 30+ year old forward?

47Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:20 am

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

Michallica wrote:According to Team 1200, sens have recalled Derek Smith. So no Cowen Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 521674

Smith and Lee called up.....hmmmm

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

48Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:20 am

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

M_Christopher wrote:
Michallica wrote:According to Team 1200, sens have recalled Derek Smith. So no Cowen Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 521674

Oops forgot about Campoli's injury Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 489887

49Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:20 am

Can Cullen play wing?

50Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:20 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

M_Christopher wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
N4L wrote:They can get called up ay time they want him to. He's under contract.

Not from what I understand. We've signed him, but he is also under contract with his team. We have to wait until they're out of the playoffs to bring him in.

He can be an emergency call-up whenever, but until Spokane is done for the year we can't have him full-time

That's what I heard then. Thanks Mark.

It wouldn't be fair to their team to take their captain away either. I know we have to think of us too, but I don't know...kinda shady. He's also still not 100%. I'd rather him be completely healthy before we call him up.

51Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:21 am

Because Cullen is a perfect depth guy and can probably be resigned cheap next year. Looks like Lee might be up here to stay now though, hopefully he can get it done.

So glad to see Derek Smith get a look as well, he had an awesome camp and it's time to see if they have a player or just a really good AHLer.

52Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:21 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Diddle I can't keep up with all those threads Laugh1

So, Campoli out a month at least. Murray saying he needs to address the D. Can't wait for more trades!

53Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:22 am

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Sorry, I didn't realize it was posted. I have the Ottawa Centaurs page bookmarked.

54Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:24 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

M_Christopher wrote:

And, given the roster freeze tonight, that call up is gonna cost us even more money against the cap... we're gonna have to pay him and Lee now for the next two weeks.

Given how tight we have to be against the cap right now, I don't know if we'll be able to do anything more than a trade of the "5th rounder for Brookbank" variety in March.

Still, very excited to see D. Smith get a chance, as well as Lee, and to see where Cullen slots in and fits in.

55Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:25 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

God. I'm happy to see Smith called up finally, but I'm very nervous. Our D got worse here for sure. If that's possible..

56Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:26 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Diddle I can't keep up with all those threads Laugh1

So, Campoli out a month at least. Murray saying he needs to address the D. Can't wait for more trades!

A month? Where you hearing that? I thought it was "until after the Olympics"?

57Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:26 am

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:Because Cullen is a perfect depth guy and can probably be resigned cheap next year. Looks like Lee might be up here to stay now though, hopefully he can get it done.

So glad to see Derek Smith get a look as well, he had an awesome camp and it's time to see if they have a player or just a really good AHLer.

Lee had been looking better in his last tour of duty with the Sens, so lets just pray it's a sign of things to come.

Hopefully Smith will have better luck defensively playing with us.

Personally I wanted to see Kudelka get the call-up.

58Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:28 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

M_Christopher wrote:
N4L wrote:Because Cullen is a perfect depth guy and can probably be resigned cheap next year. Looks like Lee might be up here to stay now though, hopefully he can get it done.

Lee had been looking better in his last tour of duty with the Sens, so lets just pray it's a sign of things to come.

D. Smith looked very poised in the pre-season. He's not going to wow us with his offence, but he looked pretty steady and solid. Time to see if that was a fluke or not.

59Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:34 am

garblar

garblar
Rookie
Rookie

lol sens make a fairly minor trade and hockeybuzz is already glitched up like crazy

60Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:35 am

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

rooneypoo wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:

And, given the roster freeze tonight, that call up is gonna cost us even more money against the cap... we're gonna have to pay him and Lee now for the next two weeks.

Given how tight we have to be against the cap right now, I don't know if we'll be able to do anything more than a trade of the "5th rounder for Brookbank" variety in March.

Still, very excited to see D. Smith get a chance, as well as Lee, and to see where Cullen slots in and fits in.

It's not a roster freeze but a trade freeze...you can still waive players or move players down or call up.

EDIT: The roster freeze starts sometime sunday.

Last edited by Devo on Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

61Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:35 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ojk this is irrelevant, but Cullen has a 85 rating in the sim on faceoffs, and 67 overall cheers

62Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:36 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Isn't Cullen essentially an older Kelly? I don't like that we have some pretty good lines right now and that is without Cullen and Foligno as mentioned. Where do these guys fit in? More trades must be coming. Maybe a big package of 1-2 roster forwards and 1 defenceman for an impact defenceman?

63Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 4 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:37 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:

D. Smith looked very poised in the pre-season. He's not going to wow us with his offence, but he looked pretty steady and solid. Time to see if that was a fluke or not.

He was definitely one of our better D-men in the pre-season. I've been asking for him to get the call all season. Happy he's getting his chance for sure. Lee...well...I have 0 love left for him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum