GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Matt Cullen to the sens

+21
asq2
Hockeyhero22000
dennycrane
Urkie
Riprock
garblar
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
TeamRenzo
SensGirl11
Devo
stempniaksen
Hoags
M_Christopher
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SensFan71
PTFlea
sens4win
Jordo
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

76Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:28 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:Travis Yost (who I'm liking more and more) reports that Campoli is out 4-6 weeks with an MCL injury.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=134

Could be a shaky few weeks on the back end, especially if Karlsson isn't ready to go right after the Olympics.

Yeah, I like Yost as well.

77Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:31 pm

Can someone please tell me why we'd delete Cheechoo and Picard to bring in a forward, when we are now down Campoli (Karlsson too, but it's not too long)?

Is this REALLY the deal Murray should have blown his cap-space nut on???

78Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:31 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

this is what Matt Karash (HBuzz carolina blogger) had to say about Cullen :

As for my 2 cents on Cullen, I think he is a great addition to any playoff team:

1) Quantity of "deep" playoff experience with his name on the Cup and another deep run just last Spring.

2) Incredibly versatile player with wheels. You can put him with some scoring talent and expect something like 50-60-point pace, but he would not at all be out of place on a defense-first checking line.

3) Special teams help. He is a solid penalty killer with speed that leads to shorthanded chances. He is also comfortable (skilled) at playing the point on the power play if you do not have enough offensive defensemen to fill this role.

I'm on board.

79Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:33 pm

i like cullen and do not care for his inuries that happen every year no matter what this late in his career. he has not been injured yet this year, so i fear the worst. other than that, he is a good player for cloustons system. he works hard and has the whells to create or take away plays. He still has a scoring touch. a very good player other than the injury thing.

80Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:35 pm

TheAvatar wrote:this is what Matt Karash (HBuzz carolina blogger) had to say about Cullen :

As for my 2 cents on Cullen, I think he is a great addition to any playoff team:

1) Quantity of "deep" playoff experience with his name on the Cup and another deep run just last Spring.

2) Incredibly versatile player with wheels. You can put him with some scoring talent and expect something like 50-60-point pace, but he would not at all be out of place on a defense-first checking line.

3) Special teams help. He is a solid penalty killer with speed that leads to shorthanded chances. He is also comfortable (skilled) at playing the point on the power play if you do not have enough offensive defensemen to fill this role.

I'm on board.

lol, yep. that is the positive. just dont forget about his proneness to injury (which has not happened this year). that scares me.

81Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:36 pm

TheAvatar wrote:this is what Matt Karash (HBuzz carolina blogger) had to say about Cullen :

I'm on board.

So, he basically fills a role that Kelly and Fisher already occupy...I see now why Murray had to use every available cap dollar to make this happen, including the Cheechoo buffer we've all talked about as a way to clear space to bring in an impact player. Ask the Rangers how much of an impact player Matt Cullen is.

I'm very nervous about our friggin' blueline right now. I don't like this trade one bit. It doesn't address our biggest need imo. The Campoli injury only makes that problem worse.

82Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:45 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

just to test out these so-called filters:

Diddle, Dung

83Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:46 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wow cool lol

84Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:51 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:just to test out these so-called filters:

Diddle, Dung
What flters?i

85Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:52 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

the swearing filters

86Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:55 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:the swearing filters
Oh you mean f I sware it gets turned into diddle

87Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:01 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Ah man, I finally decide to change my avatar and look what we have here Big Ev Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 521674

88Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:

Ah man, I finally decide to change my avatar and look what we have here Big Ev Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 521674

Bahahahahahahah. Laughing3 What are the chances!?!?!?!?!!

89Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SDH89 wrote:

whoops, you can keep yours, I'll change mine lol

90Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:11 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
SDH89 wrote:

Haha thanks man, at least I know you have a solid taste in avatars

91Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:13 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

SDH89 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
SDH89 wrote:

Haha thanks man, at least I know you have a solid taste in avatars
I sense a solid friend ship in the making Sarcasm

92Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:14 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

As for Cullen, love the deal.

Adding a versatile veteran who's on pace for career high in points, with cup experiance for a lousy d-man and a pick? Can't go wrong.

Nice work Murray.

93Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Murray singlehandedly got rid of our worst forward and our worst D-man.

We're undoubtedly a better team after this, unless this has somehow messed up chemistry which I doubt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum