GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Matt Cullen to the sens

+21
asq2
Hockeyhero22000
dennycrane
Urkie
Riprock
garblar
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
TeamRenzo
SensGirl11
Devo
stempniaksen
Hoags
M_Christopher
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SensFan71
PTFlea
sens4win
Jordo
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

91Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:13 pm

sens4win

Veteran
Veteran

SDH89 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
SDH89 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:the swearing filters

Ah man, I finally decide to change my avatar and look what we have here Big Ev Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 521674

whoops, you can keep yours, I'll change mine lol

Haha thanks man, at least I know you have a solid taste in avatars
I sense a solid friend ship in the making Sarcasm

92Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:14 pm

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

As for Cullen, love the deal.

Adding a versatile veteran who's on pace for career high in points, with cup experiance for a lousy d-man and a pick? Can't go wrong.

Nice work Murray.

93Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Murray singlehandedly got rid of our worst forward and our worst D-man.

We're undoubtedly a better team after this, unless this has somehow messed up chemistry which I doubt.

94Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Next up: Filip Kuba. He can be traded and upgraded and I'm a happy camper.

Also, I want a cool D-man. I don't ask for much, do I? Lalalala

95Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:19 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Next up: Filip Kuba. He can be traded and upgraded and I'm a happy camper.

A little too much but it must be all the bonanza ing going on

96Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:20 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Next up: Filip Kuba. He can be traded and upgraded and I'm a happy camper.

Also, I want a cool D-man. I don't ask for much, do I? Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 542150

I think there's a good possibility of that happening this summer Spez. Hopefully Murray can catch another GM napping, and we can get a pick or prospect in return.

If no one has watched Kuba play he seemingly is still an attractive piece as he's on pace for 36 pts.

97Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:21 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:Murray singlehandedly got rid of our worst forward and our worst D-man.

We're undoubtedly a better team after this, unless this has somehow messed up chemistry which I doubt.
Worst forward ?

98Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:23 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

sens4win wrote:
Hoags wrote:Murray singlehandedly got rid of our worst forward and our worst D-man.

Worst forward ?

As much as he's a good guy and all, Cheech was our worst forward.

99Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:

A little too much but it must be all the bonanza ing going on

It is the bonanza ing. It's Ahhhhh! .

100Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sens4win wrote:

Worst forward ?

By far.

101Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:
I think there's a good possibility of that happening this summer Spez. Hopefully Murray can catch another GM napping, and we can get a pick or prospect in return.

If no one has watched Kuba play he seemingly is still an attractive piece as he's on pace for 36 pts.

I think so, yeah. Murray has made it clear today that he's willing to fix any potential mistakes he's made (Picard, Cheechoo).

102Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:30 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hopefully nobody has this Regin avatar

103Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:hopefully nobody has this Regin avatar

No one does. Nice one too. ThumbsUp

104Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
SDH89 wrote:

I think so, yeah. Murray has made it clear today that he's willing to fix any potential mistakes he's made (Picard, Cheechoo).

He didn't fix his mistake by trading Picard. He basically gave up the TB 1st to get him. That 1st was Hedman. Cullen doesnt fix that mistake. As for Cheechoo, he should have sat on heatley until a month into the season where he may have gotten more for him.

I blame Montreal for jacking the price. To pay a 2nd for Moore caused us to pay a little more for Cullen. Darn Gauthier. With the waiving of Cheechoo we saved minimal money with Cullens 2.8 coming in. I like his moves so far but this one is a head scratcher for me. I am happy he made a deal but I am not so sure about this one. Hopefully it pans out and we can resign Cullen for cheaper. If another deal is in the works I wonder if it's kelly who would be going.

105Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As far as I understood, TB's 1st was only in there if there was an offer sheet, otherwise, it was Kuba, Picard, SJ's 1st. Murray did what he had to do without leaking our talent base dry. Kuba was quite serviceable, Campoli didn't work that well, Picard is part of the Cullen deal. Life goes on, but Mez didn't work either. So it was WAY more of a win for us.

Don't believe that TB would have magically given up a first for Mez, they might be dumb, but they're not THAT dumb.

106Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:47 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:As far as I understood, TB's 1st was only in there if there was an offer sheet, otherwise, it was Kuba, Picard, SJ's 1st. Murray did what he had to do without leaking our talent base dry. Kuba was quite serviceable, Campoli didn't work that well, Picard is part of the Cullen deal. Life goes on, but Mez didn't work either. So it was WAY more of a win for us.

Don't believe that TB would have magically given up a first for Mez, they might be dumb, but they're not THAT dumb.

Every where I read it and heard it was TB's 1st but Murray wanted Picard as well so he had to settle for SJ's 1st if he wanted Picard included.

107Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:48 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

As far as I know, Mez has been a complete bust in TBay.

108Matt Cullen to the sens - Page 7 Empty Re: Matt Cullen to the sens Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
Every where I read it and heard it was TB's 1st but Murray wanted Picard as well so he had to settle for SJ's 1st if he wanted Picard included.

Yeah at first that's what I thought too, but I think it was only gonna be that way if TB re-acquired their pick from the Pens and offered and offer sheet to Mez. From talking to some of the TB fans who seem to know what they're talking about, Lawton is a fool, but he knew the value of TB's 1st in rebuilding and wouldn't have ever offered that.

That's what I understand anyway, but I guess no one will really ever know.

When I said Murray was fixing a mistake - that mistake was thinking Picard has the potential to be something special.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum