GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens fire Eli Wilson!

+23
Devo
M_Christopher
asq2
Riprock
caissie_1
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
garblar
wprager
dennycrane
SensHulk
LeCaptain
Phoenix30
Urkie
Hoags
beedub
PKC
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

61Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:47 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Incidentally, wasn't malarchuk also the goalie who's throat got cut?

62Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:48 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:Incidentally, wasn't malarchuk also the goalie who's throat got cut?
Yep.

63Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:51 pm

shabbs wrote:
Michallica wrote:Incidentally, wasn't malarchuk also the goalie who's throat got cut?
Yep.

Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 805406

64Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:54 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Yep.

Hmmm coaching our incompetent goalies with an incompetent d-core playing in front of them might be more traumatic....let the man be! Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 489887

65Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:55 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

A little fear might do our goalies some good....

66Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:01 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So... shall we start a Fire Carvel thread? Maybe Murray is indeed reading these discussions... Wink

67Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:02 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

New avatar in honour of Eli Wilson. See 'ya clown.

68Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:07 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Carvel has survived many a house cleaning already. Isn't Lauer running the PP?

Fire them both.
Lauer is a Clouston-guy though, and former Sen... 5 years with Clouston for the Kootenay Ice of the Western Hockey League. I don't think he'd be going anywhere.

69Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:18 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Are there any reports stating that this move will help our power play?

70Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:New avatar in honour of Eli Wilson. See 'ya clown.

Laugh1

71Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Lauer is a Clouston-guy though, and former Sen... 5 years with Clouston for the Kootenay Ice of the Western Hockey League. I don't think he'd be going anywhere.

Oh...

72Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good points by this poster, Ministry of Offense on HF:

For the record, I had said I want Michael Lehner to be goalie coach, he said no, I said why not.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=23173935&posted=1#post23173935

Conflict of interest and conflict.

Right now, why not?: Sends the wrong messages to our current goaltenders. Lehners a prospect, hes no guarantee to make an NHL career. I hope/think he will but you cant make that commitment when hes 18. Just cant.

Later, why not?: Its premature to say this wouldnt be a good idea later if Lehner becomes a legitimate young number 1 goalie at the age of 21. I dont like the messages it would inevitably send to the other goalies in our franchise. No matter how neutral Michael Lehner could claim to be or how much someone could guarantee me Michael Lehner would have absolutely 0 preference in his son (think Sandlers dads court testimony in Big Daddy), hiring the goalies dad is just a can of worms waiting to happen. Whether it happens or not, too much of a risk Id say.

If Robin Lehner becomes one of the top 10 or so goalies in the league and would like to be guided by his dad, at that point you could say Robin would have the leverage to ask for something like that. Ill also say I dont know Robin, Michael, their history beyond that they are father and son, father mentored Lundqvist and obviously guided his son as well. Maybe neither of them would want it, maybe they both would. Maybe the situation makes sense down the road, maybe its completely bogus.

73Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:37 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:Are there any reports stating that this move will help our power play?
See the "Fire Carvel" thread.

74Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just dropping by to say "Yeehaw!"

75Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Are there any reports stating that this move will help our power play?

Where do I peruse that?

76Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:44 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Where do I peruse that?
You'd have to create a new thread called "Fire Carvel".

HAHA!

Laughing3

77Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:45 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Good points by this poster, Ministry of Offense on HF:

For the record, I had said I want Michael Lehner to be goalie coach, he said no, I said why not.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=23173935&posted=1#post23173935

Conflict of interest and conflict.

Right now, why not?: Sends the wrong messages to our current goaltenders. Lehners a prospect, hes no guarantee to make an NHL career. I hope/think he will but you cant make that commitment when hes 18. Just cant.

Later, why not?: Its premature to say this wouldnt be a good idea later if Lehner becomes a legitimate young number 1 goalie at the age of 21. I dont like the messages it would inevitably send to the other goalies in our franchise. No matter how neutral Michael Lehner could claim to be or how much someone could guarantee me Michael Lehner would have absolutely 0 preference in his son (think Sandlers dads court testimony in Big Daddy), hiring the goalies dad is just a can of worms waiting to happen. Whether it happens or not, too much of a risk Id say.

If Robin Lehner becomes one of the top 10 or so goalies in the league and would like to be guided by his dad, at that point you could say Robin would have the leverage to ask for something like that. Ill also say I dont know Robin, Michael, their history beyond that they are father and son, father mentored Lundqvist and obviously guided his son as well. Maybe neither of them would want it, maybe they both would. Maybe the situation makes sense down the road, maybe its completely bogus.
You really got a thing for Lehner eh? Dude... I think you're in love. Wink

78Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:49 pm

garblar

garblar
Rookie
Rookie

yeah i noticed that man-love too.
lehner is a good prospect, but you are setting yourself up for disappointment by putting all these expectations on him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum