GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ron Wilson flips out on Berger

+7
SeawaySensFan
davetherave
SensFan71
beerandsens
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Empty Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

During a post-game scrum last night, Wilson decided the time had come to take exception to what Howard Berger had said to him after the Sens had beaten the Leafs.

Berger basically said: "Why now? Why not earlier in the season when there was actually something on the line?"

Wilson blew his top saying that he had 'coached 1500 games and won 550 of them" or something to that effect. "When you say that, you question my integrity as coach.

Berger's response:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Howard-Berger/Wilson-A-Bit-Hyper-Sensitive/3/19994

Sean McCormick weighs in:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/blogs/2009/03/11/mccormick_dear_rotten_ronny/

This is all so silly IMO. This re-confirms what I've thought for a couple of months now. Ron Wilson has just left a winning atmosphere in SJ and come to a situation in TO that's gonna have him going batty. You must lose in order to win Ron. Don't get bent out of shape now, wait until you have a real team with a real future and the media criticizes you, then attack. There's likely 3 or 4 more years of this coming from Toronto media - not to mention Canadian media. If you can't handle this 67 games into your first season, I just don't see you lasting.

But then....I don't give two dungs to be perfectly honest. :##:

2Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Empty Re: Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:26 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nobody cares Ron. Seriously dude. Get over yourself.

- Unknown Author

3Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Empty Re: Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Nobody cares Ron. Seriously dude. Get over yourself.

Leaf fans are treating him like a god right now. Oh Ron! You're the best, way to put Berger in his place. Really? I agree Clutch, get over yourself Ron.

4Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Empty Re: Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:37 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ahhh, to be 4 foot NOTHING and still feel like a freakin' deity!

What a tool!

5Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Empty Re: Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

^ Hey, 2000 posts. Way to go Cronie!

6Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Empty Re: Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:52 am

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Well... I'm no Ron Wilson fan but at least he was just sitting there, no yelling, no screaming. He does a good job taking the attention off the Leafs by throwing strange curveball comments at the media. I don't think it does much good or bad. I'm just surprised he struck a nerve with both Howard and Sean. As silly as Ron's preemptive accusations were I didn't expect articles lashing back at him.

7Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Empty Re: Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:06 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

beerandsens wrote:Well... I'm no Ron Wilson fan but at least he was just sitting there, no yelling, no screaming. He does a good job taking the attention off the Leafs by throwing strange curveball comments at the media. I don't think it does much good or bad. I'm just surprised he struck a nerve with both Howard and Sean. As silly as Ron's preemptive accusations were I didn't expect articles lashing back at him.

let's put all the toronto media/coaches into an octagon ring and pound the crap out of each other lol. no one will care if they are gone.

8Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Empty Re: Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:07 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

No Leafs or Ron Wilson fan I (in fact I felt Wilson was the reason the Sharks didn't go further in the playoffs last year)...

...but Berger's another supercilious hockey writer (like Larry Brooks, David Shoalts and Damien Cox--not to mention Bruce 'Donut' Garrioch) who thinks he's all that.

Happy to see Wilson smack him one--and he didn't even do a 'Tortorella'.

9Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Empty Re: Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Berger kind of went against the grain of Toronto/"National" media in calling out Wilson for not starting Gerber too.

Something none of Dreger, Reda, McGuire had the guts to do.

I respect Berger for this. Wilson continues to suck.

10Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Empty Re: Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:13 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Berger kind of went against the grain of Toronto/"National" media in calling out Wilson for not starting Gerber too.

Berger is one of the few writers over at HB that has a little bit of integrity, Wilson, well, he is Toronto, of course he thinks he is bigger than life itself, same with Burkie, two big egos in that organization running things.

11Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Empty Re: Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:14 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I dont like Berger so this is pretty good haha!

12Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Empty Re: Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:25 pm

I don't like either guy but I would say Buger (I like that spelling better) was more questioning his intelligence than his integrity. He was saying you stupid porksword, why didn't you do it when the points counted?' rather than 'you scheming weasle why didn't you do it when the points counted?'., Wilson heard what he wanted to hear and went off based on that... bottom line.

13Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Empty Re: Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:29 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Berger kind of went against the grain of Toronto/"National" media in calling out Wilson for not starting Gerber too.

Berger is one of the few writers over at HB that has a little bit of integrity, Wilson, well, he is Toronto, of course he thinks he is bigger than life itself, same with Burkie, two big egos in that organization running things.

Well, let's be honest, you can't expect to hold a job running the Maple Leafs unless you have a mega-ego to begin with. If Burke and Wilson appear to be egocentric, it's essential because they have to stand up to the suits at MLSE whose egos are even bigger.

Berger is just OK as a writer...he doesn't come close to Wayne Scanlan, E.J. Hradek, Pierre Lebrun, Scott Burnside, Michael Farber, Red Fisher, Eric Duhatschek...

Guys like Berger are in love with their own opinions.

It's one thing for us as fans to give our two cents, but when you're getting paid for it, 'calling out' somebody (as opposed to doing an in-depth investigation of a situation worth investigating) is just being a showoff. A quality media professional doesn't resort to those kinds of tactics.

I read Berger's stuff on HB, and it's nothing you or I--or any one of us on this forum--couldn't do just as well.

14Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Empty Re: Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:34 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Well, let's be honest, you can't expect to hold a job running the Maple Leafs unless you have a mega-ego to begin with. If Burke and Wilson appear to be egocentric, it's essential because they have to stand up to the suits at MLSE whose egos are even bigger.

Berger is just OK as a writer...he doesn't come close to Wayne Scanlan, E.J. Hradek, Pierre Lebrun, Scott Burnside, Michael Farber, Red Fisher, Eric Duhatschek...

Guys like Berger are in love with their own opinions.

It's one thing for us as fans to give our two cents, but when you're getting paid for it, 'calling out' somebody (as opposed to doing an in-depth investigation of a situation worth investigating) is just being a showoff. A quality media professional doesn't resort to those kinds of tactics.

I read Berger's stuff on HB, and it's nothing you or I--or any one of us on this forum--couldn't do just as well.

I'll take an honest, OK writer over a Ron-aparte any day.

15Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Empty Re: Ron Wilson flips out on Berger Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:37 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SSF--no contest LOL.

As for Berger being an 'honest' writer, the jury's out on that one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum