GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?)

+19
mattshock
SeawaySensFan
Hockeyhero22000
ddt
SensFan71
dennycrane
Tuk Tuk
spader
rooneypoo
asq2
LeCaptain
wprager
PTFlea
Sens19
Hoags
Vandelay
Riprock
PKC
shabbs
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

When does Ron Wilson get fired - or does he?

Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) Vote_lcap218%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) Vote_rcap2 18% [ 2 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) Vote_lcap20%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) Vote_lcap20%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) Vote_lcap227%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) Vote_lcap29%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) Vote_lcap236%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) Vote_rcap2 36% [ 4 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) Vote_lcap29%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Winless in 4 games... the Leafs are at the bottom of the NHL standings with no hope in sight. Undisciplined play, shaky goal tending, horrendous penalty killing and a lack of goals has plagued the Leafs from the start of the season. Their truculent style seems to be working against them.

Will Wilson be the first coaching tragedy this NHL season?

Leaf Nation is growing impatient... something has to give sooner or later.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Winless in 4 games... the Leafs are at the bottom of the NHL standings with no hope in sight. Undisciplined play, shaky goal tending, horrendous penalty killing and a lack of goals has plagued the Leafs from the start of the season. Their truculent style seems to be working against them.

Will Wilson be the first coaching tragedy this NHL season?

Leaf Nation is growing impatient... something has to give sooner or later.

Why wouldn't the death watch be on that imbecile Brian Burke...he just handed his team's future away for a guy who isn't even playing right now. Awesome job [/end sarcasm]

Hope not but hey, that's all part of Burke's BIG PLAN. If anyone should be axed it's that moron. Wilson is a good coach who has been successful pretty much everywhere he has gone, he comes to Toronto and can't win? It's not Wilson.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Burke won't fire his buddy Wilson. And Wilson can only do so much with the team that was build for him. He didn't sign the players.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wilson wasn't a Burke hire... or so we've been led to believe... unless Wilson can get these dogs to hunt it's gonna be a long season for the Leafs. Rags, Avs and Rags are the next three games for the Leafs... word is Joey Mac will get the start vs the Avs. Could he give the Leafs their first win? If he does... what then? Troubling times in Leaf-land.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

It's still early but Neely's prediction for leafs finishing at the bottom looks like a good one at this point.  They look disgustingly bad...nothing good about them right now.  A lot of new players so things could/should improve but I feel bad for Wilson...gonna be a long year for him.

Like I said a month ago, how are they better then last year? Kubina is better then Komiserek in a large way, Beachemin has never proved he can play without a top 5 D man in the LEAGUE, obviously he cant. Also, they gave up 2 first round picks, glad Boston is in our division.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

It's amusing to watch the wheels fall off the Maple Leafs bus.

All the talk about their truculence, belligerence, testosterone, the hype about the Monster, their much-touted free agent signings on defence, doesn't amount to much.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:Like I said a month ago, how are they better then last year? Kubina is better then Komiserek in a large way, Beachemin has never proved he can play without a top 5 D man in the LEAGUE, obviously he cant. Also, they gave up 2 first round picks, glad Boston is in our division.
I never thought they'd be off to such a bad start. It's truly amazing.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Hoags wrote:It's amusing to watch the wheels fall off the Maple Leafs bus.

All the talk about their truculence, belligerence, testosterone, the hype about the Monster, their much-touted free agent signings on defence, doesn't amount to much.
The Monster will be thrown into the fire now I think...see if he can handle the heat any better than Toskala.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Vandelay wrote:
The Monster will be thrown into the fire now I think...see if he can handle the heat any better than Toskala.

I think that's already happened(until his injury), Wilson seems to be biting his tongue when he expresses confidence in Toskala.

They might be better off with Joey MacDonald at this point.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

The problem with the Leafs finishing so low is that is makes the already good Bruins team even much better which is why I hated Burke for that trade. Maybe Kessel coming in will help but I don't see what he can do on his own. The Monster better be a better goalie than what we saw in his last 2 time in net or they really are Diddled

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wilson has already back pedaled after saying Toskala was going to get the next three starts... he now says Joey Mac will get the start against the Avs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A team with that much turnover on its back end particularly will take time to come together. I think it's a matter of time before Wilson has them playing better hockey and competing harder. They haven't really been scoring either - and that would be where Kessel comes in.

But hey, if they're gonna fair, by all means go for it. :prop:

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, it's gonna take some time. We'll see how they're looking after 10-15 games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum