GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?)

+19
mattshock
SeawaySensFan
Hockeyhero22000
ddt
SensFan71
dennycrane
Tuk Tuk
spader
rooneypoo
asq2
LeCaptain
wprager
PTFlea
Sens19
Hoags
Vandelay
Riprock
PKC
shabbs
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

When does Ron Wilson get fired - or does he?

Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 Vote_lcap218%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 18% [ 2 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 Vote_lcap20%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 Vote_lcap20%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 Vote_lcap227%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 Vote_lcap29%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 Vote_lcap236%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 4 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 Vote_lcap29%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Can I just add that reeks means "smells". Wreak is something you do with havoc.

My apologies, but someone's got to stick up for the English language.

Pardon me, but I think you're missing a question mark after your first sentence. Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 Icon_wink

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
I don't have a bias against Fisher. I think he gets misused and the PP is an example. WTF is he doing playing on the perimeter on the PP? Who should be that "net presence" on the PP creating traffic and obstructing the goalies view? Kovalev? Alfredsson? Spezza?

I bet you anything that's one of the things Clouston and staff highlighted. Fisher needs to be farting in the goalie's face - right up in his grill so he can't see anything.

And another thing. I would personally prepare his pre-game meal of egg salad sandwiches, baked beans, pickled herring and strong black coffee.

beerandsens

Sophomore
Sophomore

Will you read him his favorite Bible passages? Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 455378

Maybe I shouldn't have posted that

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Can I just add that reeks means "smells". Wreak is something you do with havoc.

My apologies, but someone's got to stick up for the English language.

Pardon me, but I think you're missing a question mark after your first sentence. Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 Icon_wink
Nice burn.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Ron Wilson might be losing his mind. I have never seen a coach be so unprofessional as I have seen him be this past week. Maybe Tortorella, but besides that, I haven't really seen anything like it in my days of watching hockey.

How can a coach call his team a bunch of losers to the media and the world and still be able to keep his job?

Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? I think it is.

I think at some point in the near future it is going to get to the point where the players themselves are going to try to get him run out of town. How can you try to dig yourself out of such a huge hole when your coach calls you a loser before your game.

Atta boy Wilson!

Just one of his quotes - take it as you will but this oozes unprofessional to me.

Asked yesterday by an Ottawa reporter if he had yet put his stamp on the Toronto team, Wilson said not yet.

"I don't want to be known as a loser," Wilson said. "And so far we've lost a lot more games than we've won."

To repeat: Wilson has no desire to be known as "a loser."

I don't know, but if I were a Leaf I'd have a very hard time getting my Dung together and trying to win a game when my coach is calling me and my team a loser.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, I think if the Leafs get embarrassed tonight, the death watch will indeed be on again.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I told you last night that they were going to the Olympics like one big happy family.

Wilson, Burke, Kessel and possibly Komisarek (which would be a mistake).

After the Olympics in the summer, then the bets are off. Right now - no way....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Burke death watch?

Wink

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Well, I think if the Leafs get embarrassed tonight, the death watch will indeed be on again.

Burke would have to admit he was wrong though. I'm not sure he's ready to do that. Even if it means giving a division rival a sweet 1st round draft pick this season and next.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:Well, I think if the Leafs get embarrassed tonight, the death watch will indeed be on again.

Burke would have to admit he was wrong though. I'm not sure he's ready to do that. Even if it means giving a division rival a sweet 1st round draft pick this season and next.
Well, his only "out" is that Wilson was there before he arrived... so he could hide behind that, although we're all pretty sure that Burke was pulling the strings at that time and pointed the Leafs in Wilson's direction before he was even there...

So, who knows.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Never thought of that actually. So after the Olympics it is then.

- Unknown Author

The one thing that Jason York said on the Healthy Scratches was that when things were going well, Wilson would joke around in practise tousle the hair of players etc... When they went bad, he wouldn't even acknowledge you.

That is weird and immature. Not good qualities in a coach....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Never thought of that actually. So after the Olympics it is then.
The death watch is ON!!!

Olympics end on Feb. 28th, 2010... so March 1st, 2010 is the target date.

Tick, tock, tick, tock...

Need one of those "24" timer sound thingy's.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Never thought of that actually. So after the Olympics it is then.
The death watch is ON!!!

And a splitscreen of Jurke nervously drinking out of an empty foam cup, Napoleon Wilson yelling at his players and Schenn getting a beatdown.

Shangri-la. Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 Herz

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
The death watch is ON!!!

And a splitscreen of Jurke nervously drinking out of an empty foam cup, Napoleon Wilson yelling at his players and Schenn getting a beatdown.

Shangri-la. Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 11 Herz
HA HA HA! Epic.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If someone can find me code for a Count up widget I'll start it as of his Hiring date and put it on the main page. We can stop it when he gets fired.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:If someone can find me code for a Count up widget I'll start it as of his Hiring date and put it on the main page. We can stop it when he gets fired.
Check this one... you can generate code for the countdown...

http://ricocheting.com/js/countdown.html

Here's the code for a countdown timer to March 1st, 2010 @ noon.

Code:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!-- //start

//######################################################################################
// Author: ricocheting.com
// For: public release (freeware)
// Date: 4/24/2003 (update: 5/15/2009)
// Description: displays the amount of time until the "dateFuture" entered below.

// NOTE: the month entered must be one less than current month. ie; 0=January, 11=December
// NOTE: the hour is in 24 hour format. 0=12am, 15=3pm etc
// format: dateFuture = new Date(year,month-1,day,hour,min,sec)
// example: dateFuture = new Date(2003,03,26,14,15,00) = April 26, 2003 - 2:15:00 pm

dateFuture = new Date(2010,2,1,24,00,00);

// TESTING: comment out the line below to print out the "dateFuture" for testing purposes
http://document.write(dateFuture +"<br />");

//###################################
//nothing beyond this point
function GetCount(){

dateNow = new Date();                                    //grab current date
    amount = dateFuture.getTime() - dateNow.getTime();        //calc milliseconds between dates
    delete dateNow;

// time is already past
    if(amount < 0){
        document.getElementById('countbox').innerHTML="Now!";
    }
    // date is still good
    else{
        days=0;hours=0;mins=0;secs=0;out="";

amount = Math.floor(amount/1000);//kill the "milliseconds" so just secs

days=Math.floor(amount/86400);//days
        amount=amount%86400;

hours=Math.floor(amount/3600);//hours
        amount=amount%3600;

mins=Math.floor(amount/60);//minutes
        amount=amount%60;

secs=Math.floor(amount);//seconds

if(days != 0){out += days +" day"+((days!=1)?"s":"")+", ";}
        if(days != 0 || hours != 0){out += hours +" hour"+((hours!=1)?"s":"")+", ";}
        if(days != 0 || hours != 0 || mins != 0){out += mins +" minute"+((mins!=1)?"s":"")+", ";}
        out += secs +" seconds";
        document.getElementById('countbox').innerHTML=out;

setTimeout("GetCount()", 1000);
    }
}

window.onload=GetCount;//call when everything has loaded

//-->
</script>
<div id="countbox"></div>

Too funny.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If he goes, I'll say he goes in mid-June, not with a month and a half to go in the season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum