GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?)

+19
mattshock
SeawaySensFan
Hockeyhero22000
ddt
SensFan71
dennycrane
Tuk Tuk
spader
rooneypoo
asq2
LeCaptain
wprager
PTFlea
Sens19
Hoags
Vandelay
Riprock
PKC
shabbs
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

When does Ron Wilson get fired - or does he?

Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 3 Vote_lcap218%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 18% [ 2 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 3 Vote_lcap227%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 3 Vote_lcap29%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 3 Vote_lcap236%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 4 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 3 Vote_lcap29%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Paying at the cap, no superstar, goaltending suspicious, amorph Defense,still winless this season, No 1st rounders for the next 2 years... Either Kessel plays like the 2nd coming, or we see Kadri and Bozak in January.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Paying at the cap, no superstar, goaltending suspicious, amorph Defense,still winless this season, No 1st rounders for the next 2 years... Either Kessel plays like the 2nd coming, or we see Kadri and Bozak in January.

I can't believe it's come to this, but we might have to start cheering for the Leafs to improve or else we can kiss the division away for the next decade+ to the Bruins.

It would be close to illegal for them to have the opportunity to add one of Hall, Kabanov, Fowler, McFarland or Granlund.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

With any luck they are not going to win the lottery in the up-coming draft. They'd still be picking top-five, but at least not picking 1st overall. Plus they just lost Kessel, who's to say they are not going to continue losing top-end talent because of cap constraints? Sure, with four 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders over the next two years the Bruins will have a leg-up on the competition, for sure, but it's still unproven talent.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I suspect the Leafs will get it together somewhat and start to play "better" but will still struggle and land in that 10-12 range in the East.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:With any luck they are not going to win the lottery in the up-coming draft. They'd still be picking top-five, but at least not picking 1st overall. Plus they just lost Kessel, who's to say they are not going to continue losing top-end talent because of cap constraints? Sure, with four 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders over the next two years the Bruins will have a leg-up on the competition, for sure, but it's still unproven talent.

If they land top 5 overall next year, itès gonna be dirty in the NE for the next few years...

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
marakh wrote:

Imagine how it would be if there was +/- in PK...

Technically, there is. You get a plus or a minus if you score or get scored on while shorthanded/on the powerplay.

+/- is a stat used primarily for 5-on-5 play, and not the PP.

If a player is on the ice for a PP goal, for or against, no "+"s or "-"s are handed out. Any player on the ice for a 5-on-5 goal gets a "+" (if their team scores) or a "-" (if the other team scores). Additionally, any play on the ice for a shorthanded goal gets a "+" (if their team scores) or a "-" (if the other team scores).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:I suspect the Leafs will get it together somewhat and start to play "better" but will still struggle and land in that 10-12 range in the East.

That's where I have them pegged as well. Fighting for 8th, but ultimately, not good enough.

Of course, this was before Toskala came back from major surgery last year and continues his reign of sucking like the wind. That's a pretty major problem. Let the Toskala death watch begin - to the Marlies, to any team who'll take him. To the Ducks for Giguere? Trade off in salaries, a little relief for the Ducks?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
PKC wrote:
marakh wrote:

Imagine how it would be if there was +/- in PK...

Technically, there is. You get a plus or a minus if you score or get scored on while shorthanded/on the powerplay.

+/- is a stat used primarily for 5-on-5 play, and not the PP.

If a player is on the ice for a PP goal, for or against, no "+"s or "-"s are handed out. Any player on the ice for a 5-on-5 goal gets a "+" (if their team scores) or a "-" (if the other team scores). Additionally, any play on the ice for a shorthanded goal gets a "+" (if their team scores) or a "-" (if the other team scores).

That's exactly what I said except I didn't elaborate it quite as well as you did.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:I suspect the Leafs will get it together somewhat and start to play "better" but will still struggle and land in that 10-12 range in the East.

That's where I have them pegged as well. Fighting for 8th, but ultimately, not good enough.

Of course, this was before Toskala came back from major surgery last year and continues his reign of sucking like the wind. That's a pretty major problem. Let the Toskala death watch begin - to the Marlies, to any team who'll take him. To the Ducks for Giguere? Trade off in salaries, a little relief for the Ducks?

I don't know what Toskala is making, but that doesn't seem like a good trade off.

Ok, I take that back. I just checked capgeek. Toskala for 4 mil, Giggy for 6 this year. IMO that's an awesome trade for the Leafs and a terrible trade for the Ducks. Ya, Toskala comes off the books after this year, but what if Hiller isn't what he's expected to be and they need to fall back on Giggy. But then, oh wait, he's not there and the (now, seemingly) porous Toskala is all that's left to backstop them into oblivion.

I don't see it being worthwhile for the Ducks. I imagine Burke pulls the trigger before Murray finishes his sentence if that trade is offered.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

The Leafs can't even afford that trade, can they?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I don't know what Toskala is making, but that doesn't seem like a good trade off.

Ok, I take that back. I just checked capgeek. Toskala for 4 mil, Giggy for 6 this year. IMO that's an awesome trade for the Leafs and a terrible trade for the Ducks. Ya, Toskala comes off the books after this year, but what if Hiller isn't what he's expected to be and they need to fall back on Giggy. But then, oh wait, he's not there and the (now, seemingly) porous Toskala is all that's left to backstop them into oblivion.

I don't see it being worthwhile for the Ducks. I imagine Burke pulls the trigger before Murray finishes his sentence if that trade is offered.

Oh, there'd be a lot more going to the Ducks than just Toskala, but I feel that Toskala's a really good goalie having crappy luck on an average team. Last year he played through a serious injury and this year the media and fans want him dead and buried. In a less hockey-mad market, I would bet he does a lot better and provides a great backup to Hiller (who's wicked good).

Meanwhile, the Ducks clear salary next year and can add something to their team at the deadline that might help them over the top.

I don't really know what the Leafs can offer the Ducks to make that work though.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Burke got Wilson to coach the U.S. Men's team at the upcoming Olympics. If the Leafs start slowly next year, then you may see a change. But not until then.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I don't see the Leafs coming out of this for awhile, you know, unless they start Joey MacDonald, even then I don't know if that would help their defensive issues, the team looks completely lost at this point and it shows on the scoreboard, the good teams are eating them alive.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We may see Joey Mac tonight. Back to back games, Leafs and Avs tonight.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Tucker with the winner tonight for the Avs over the Leafs.

Heh heh.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Tucker with the winner tonight for the Avs over the Leafs.

Heh heh.

that would be incredibly fitting I think, hopefully he gets a couple good solid hits on some of the Leafers too, that team is in a downward spiral right now and the Avs couldn't feel better about themselves.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Toskala is now injured... Bozak has been called up along with Marlies goalie Reimer to back Joey Mac up.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/mapleleafs/article/709334--leafs-shakeup-toskala-injured-bozak-recalled

Rookie forward Tyler Bozak has been recalled from the AHL Marlies and will play tonight against Colorado. Also, Marlies goalie James Reimer has been recalled and will dress as Joey MacDonald's backup tonight after starter Vesa Toskala apparently suffered an undisclosed injury during a 7-2 loss in New York last night.

Freshman winger Viktor Stalberg is also expected to return to the lineup tonight after missing two games with a suspected concussion.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is a comedy show. It really is.

I feel embarrassed for picking them to be fighting for 8th. So far, so bad. Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum