GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?)

+19
mattshock
SeawaySensFan
Hockeyhero22000
ddt
SensFan71
dennycrane
Tuk Tuk
spader
rooneypoo
asq2
LeCaptain
wprager
PTFlea
Sens19
Hoags
Vandelay
Riprock
PKC
shabbs
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

When does Ron Wilson get fired - or does he?

Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 Vote_lcap218%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 18% [ 2 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 Vote_lcap20%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 Vote_lcap20%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 Vote_lcap227%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 Vote_lcap29%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 Vote_lcap236%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 4 ]
Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 Vote_lcap29%Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

A Sens Chirp commenter has the funniest summary I ever read of Burke's tenure with the leafs :

Brian Burke's franchise rebuilding plan:

step 1) Spout off at
the draft about moving up to select john tavares, fail miserably by
refusing to trade young pylon luke schenn for a clear cut franchise
player.

step 2) Trade a talented defenceman to the thrashers for a pylon only because he will occasionally chuck some knuckles.

step
3) Sign a big pylon just because he can deliver a decent hit, slap the
A on his #8 jersey and expect him to be a star, demonstrating your
clear bias towards american players.

step 4) Sign a defenceman
from your former team who made you look good once in a trade in the
hopes he'll still make you look good. When he also shats the bed, due
to not having a hall of famer to help pad his stats, keep pretending to
still believe in him also.

step 5) Create undue hype around two
undrafted college players you signed, despite them both being passed
over by the thousands of NHL scouts who check all corners of the world
and yet somehow missed these two gems in their backyard.

step 6)
Stick with the undrafted route, and sign unproven swedish goaltender
whose enormous size may well be the only reason he has good stats, and
was being pursued by most other teams as a backup/minor league option.
Again, be sure to create hype. Follow up by trading former goalie of
the future to ducks for bag of pucks.

step 7) In a coup de gras
that will be remembered for ages, trade the next two years' first round
picks, a second round pick, and indirectly a third, in order to obtain
one player who's point totals have only reached the 60 point mark, and
who has had a WHOPPING 36 goal season. Proceed to sign him to a 5 and a
half million dollar, 5 year contract at the height of your supposed
rebuild. Since these three picks will almost surely be top ten picks in
the draft order, Boston will reap great rewards, and Leaf fans will
watch those players mature on another team as Phil Kessel remains an
above average talent with too big a salary for what he contributes.

Enjoy the glory of Burke,
Leaf Nation.

0-6 and counting.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Seen some rumblings about bringing Shanny to Toronto to provide some leadership and direction. Not a bad idea, but they don't exactly have a lot of cap space to throw at him.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Seen some rumblings about bringing Shanny to Toronto to provide some leadership and direction. Not a bad idea, but they don't exactly have a lot of cap space to throw at him.

Exactly what the doctor ordered...another old, slow as molasses hockey player who won't be able to put the puck in the net. Perfect!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Seen some rumblings about bringing Shanny to Toronto to provide some leadership and direction. Not a bad idea, but they don't exactly have a lot of cap space to throw at him.

That wreaks of desperation and is not a solution in the least, but hey, go for it if you want Burkie!

PS...Shanahan to Ottawa, 500K, to work PP2? Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 50327

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PKC wrote:

Exactly what the doctor ordered...another old, slow as molasses hockey player who won't be able to put the puck in the net. Perfect!
Laughing3

Well, they certainly wouldn't be getting him for his offensive skills and speed.

If the locker room is indeed a mess, having a Shanny-type guy in there could help settle things down.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Can I just add that reeks means "smells". Wreak is something you do with havoc.

My apologies, but someone's got to stick up for the English language.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

That wreaks of desperation and is not a solution in the least, but hey, go for it if you want Burkie!

PS...Shanahan to Ottawa, 500K, to work PP2? Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 50327

How about just letting Erik Karlsson work PP1 and leaving Fisher off the PP entirely, unless he wants to park himself in front of the net like he should?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Can I just add that reeks means "smells". Wreak is something you do with havoc.

Ah yes, true enough. Good catch. Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 811892

No, seriously, I may not have fully realized that to be perfectly honest.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
How about just letting Erik Karlsson work PP1 and leaving Fisher off the PP entirely, unless he wants to park himself in front of the net like he should?

Erik Karlsson on PP1, yes please. Leave Fisher off the PP? Am I wrong to think that's your bias against him coming out a little?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Erik Karlsson on PP1, yes please. Leave Fisher off the PP? Am I wrong to think that's your bias against him coming out a little?

I don't have a bias against Fisher. I think he gets misused and the PP is an example. WTF is he doing playing on the perimeter on the PP? Who should be that "net presence" on the PP creating traffic and obstructing the goalies view? Kovalev? Alfredsson? Spezza?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Fisher plays the point because he's got a deadly hard shot, so he either chops down a player in front of him with it, or they fear it and move allowing a hsot on net which results in coring chances. Neil should be in front of the net.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Fisher plays the point because he's got a deadly hard shot, so he either chops down a player in front of him with it, or they fear it and move allowing a hsot on net which results in coring chances. Neil should be in front of the net.

Fair enough. So Fisher is on the point at the expense of either Karlsson, Campoli, Picard or Kuba. How do we scratch in favour of Neil?

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Hoags wrote:A Sens Chirp commenter has the funniest summary I ever read of Burke's tenure with the leafs :

Brian Burke's franchise rebuilding plan:

step 1) Spout off at
the draft about moving up to select john tavares, fail miserably by
refusing to trade young pylon luke schenn for a clear cut franchise
player.

step 2) Trade a talented defenceman to the thrashers for a pylon only because he will occasionally chuck some knuckles.

step
3) Sign a big pylon just because he can deliver a decent hit, slap the
A on his #8 jersey and expect him to be a star, demonstrating your
clear bias towards american players.

step 4) Sign a defenceman
from your former team who made you look good once in a trade in the
hopes he'll still make you look good. When he also shats the bed, due
to not having a hall of famer to help pad his stats, keep pretending to
still believe in him also.

step 5) Create undue hype around two
undrafted college players you signed, despite them both being passed
over by the thousands of NHL scouts who check all corners of the world
and yet somehow missed these two gems in their backyard.

step 6)
Stick with the undrafted route, and sign unproven swedish goaltender
whose enormous size may well be the only reason he has good stats, and
was being pursued by most other teams as a backup/minor league option.
Again, be sure to create hype. Follow up by trading former goalie of
the future to ducks for bag of pucks.

step 7) In a coup de gras
that will be remembered for ages, trade the next two years' first round
picks, a second round pick, and indirectly a third, in order to obtain
one player who's point totals have only reached the 60 point mark, and
who has had a WHOPPING 36 goal season. Proceed to sign him to a 5 and a
half million dollar, 5 year contract at the height of your supposed
rebuild. Since these three picks will almost surely be top ten picks in
the draft order, Boston will reap great rewards, and Leaf fans will
watch those players mature on another team as Phil Kessel remains an
above average talent with too big a salary for what he contributes.

Enjoy the glory of Burke,
Leaf Nation.

0-6 and counting.

Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 812636

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I don't have a bias against Fisher. I think he gets misused and the PP is an example. WTF is he doing playing on the perimeter on the PP? Who should be that "net presence" on the PP creating traffic and obstructing the goalies view? Kovalev? Alfredsson? Spezza?

I bet you anything that's one of the things Clouston and staff highlighted. Fisher needs to be farting in the goalie's face - right up in his grill so he can't see anything.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I bet you anything that's one of the things Clouston and staff highlighted. Fisher needs to be farting in the goalie's face - right up in his grill so he can't see anything.

Exactly. Then I would be a big proponent of Fisher playing every nanosecond of every power play. Bias or not.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Can I just add that reeks means "smells". Wreak is something you do with havoc.

Pardon me, but I think you're missing a question mark after your first sentence. Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 Icon_wink

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

And another thing. I would personally prepare his pre-game meal of egg salad sandwiches, baked beans, pickled herring and strong black coffee.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Will you read him his favorite Bible passages? Now with a POLL! Is the Ron Wilson death watch on? (Possible player revolt?) - Page 10 455378

Maybe I shouldn't have posted that

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum