GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens fire Eli Wilson!

+23
Devo
M_Christopher
asq2
Riprock
caissie_1
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
garblar
wprager
dennycrane
SensHulk
LeCaptain
Phoenix30
Urkie
Hoags
beedub
PKC
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

106Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:35 am

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

111519 wrote:goalie coach eddie belfour quit the dallas stars yesterday....

He was coaching there? I didn't even know...

107Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:52 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I heard that Ed Belfour quit his job with the Dallas Stars yesterday. Can anyone confirm this?

108Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:13 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Can't confirm it but wouldn't we have to pay him a billion dollars?

109Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:13 pm

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:
garblar wrote:yeah i noticed that man-love too.
lehner is a good prospect, but you are setting yourself up for disappointment by putting all these expectations on him.

I disagree. Lehner will be a star NHL goalie.

You might want to manange your expectations, Lehner has yet to play a game in the "show".

Some people on this board pegged Karlsson for potential Calder candidate

110Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:16 pm

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:This was soooo overdue. By about 16 months.

I think Carvel might be next

111Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:16 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TeamRenzo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
garblar wrote:yeah i noticed that man-love too.
lehner is a good prospect, but you are setting yourself up for disappointment by putting all these expectations on him.

I disagree. Lehner will be a star NHL goalie.

You might want to manange your expectations, Lehner has yet to play a game in the "show".

Some people on this board pegged Karlsson for potential Calder candidate

I didn't expect Karlsson to be a Calder candidate. I do, however, expect Lehner to be a star goalie in the NHL.

112Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

sorry didnt mean to triple post, computer glitch

113Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2010/01/should_the_nhl_consider_microp.html

2. The Ottawa Senators are doing some serious due diligence on Clint Malarchuk.
Bryan Murray coached him in Washington, but is contacting everyone he
can to determine his state of mind. There is no questioning Malarchuk’s
ability to coach goalies. Pascal Leclaire’s best performances came
under his tutelage in Columbus, and Roberto Luongo swears by him, too.
The concern: Malarchuk’s had some serious off-ice health issues,
culminating in an October 2008 self-inflicted gunshot wound. (He said
it was an accident.) There are a lot of people rooting for him to make
it back.

Maybe there's some truth to the Malarchuk speculation. However, if you don't mind me saying, he sounds rather Diddled up.

114Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:10 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hmmm... let's not Diddle this up Murray.

115Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:10 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Yeah, no thanks Murray, no need to bring in more trouble here.

116Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:19 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Other than a suspicious gun shot accident what else leads you to believe this would be a bad idea?

If that's all you're going on I'd be doing the same due diligence that Murray is doing right now because it's very hard to pass up a guy who has the endorsement of Luongo and was coaching Leclaire when he posted his best numbers.

- Unknown Author

117Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Other than a suspicious gun shot accident what else leads you to believe this would be a bad idea?

Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 62136

118Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:22 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Other than a suspicious gun shot accident what else leads you to believe this would be a bad idea?

Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 62136

I know. I was kinda thinking that when as I wrote it.

It sounds pretty bad.

- Unknown Author

119Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:23 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Clint is messed up, but not because he chooses to be. It stems from a medical condition that when taking his meds is under control. I personally wouldn't have a problem with it, should it be part of his contract that taking his meds and being responsible for his actions when not taking them are part of the whole deal.

Really, though, I want Robyn's dad first. If he can't do it, then maybe a call to Clint.

120Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:Clint is messed up, but not because he chooses to be. It stems from a medical condition that when taking his meds is under control. I personally wouldn't have a problem with it, should it be part of his contract that taking his meds and being responsible for his actions when not taking them are part of the whole deal.

Really, though, I want Robyn's dad first. If he can't do it, then maybe a call to Clint.

People said that we should avoid Lehner's dad like the plague because of conflict of interests. Like Leclaire and Elliott might lose more confidence if they realize that the father of the best goaltending prospect we have just got hired.

What are your thoughts on that?

121Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:26 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
Devo wrote:Clint is messed up, but not because he chooses to be. It stems from a medical condition that when taking his meds is under control. I personally wouldn't have a problem with it, should it be part of his contract that taking his meds and being responsible for his actions when not taking them are part of the whole deal.

People said that we should avoid Lehner's dad like the plague because of conflict of interests. Like Leclaire and Elliott might lose more confidence if they realize that the father of the best goaltending prospect we have just got hired.

That's a fair statement. Also would you want the dad around coaching his son when he gets to the AHL?

- Unknown Author

122Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:29 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I can understand the attraction of going for someone that has a connection with Leclaire and has gotten success out of him... with goalies, it can be tricky. We did the same thing with Emery by bringing in Eli. That didn't work out too well.

Sounds like Clint has a lot of baggage to go along with his success. If they are considering him, they need to do some very thorough research.

I also think we should stay away from Lehner's Dad for now... if Lehner comes up and takes over, then by all means, bring him in. But not before Lehner is dressing and playing for the Sens.

123Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 8 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:31 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:

It would be the same for me if Ottawa drafted Clouston's long lost son. I could care less if they are related as long as the proper safe guards are put in place to ensure favorism isn't being exerted. Really it's the Coach's duty to step up and ensure all his goalies franchise wide are getting the coaching the require (which is part of why Eli was fired, all goalies in the organization right down to the colonial league were performing poorly).

Robyn's dad is just there to instruct the goalies on style and positioning...if Elliot and Leclair are afraid, then start playing better and there are no worries.

Devo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum