GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens fire Eli Wilson!

+23
Devo
M_Christopher
asq2
Riprock
caissie_1
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
garblar
wprager
dennycrane
SensHulk
LeCaptain
Phoenix30
Urkie
Hoags
beedub
PKC
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

46Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:17 pm

Urkie

Sophomore
Sophomore

I guess Bryan Murray was reading our little rant about Eli. Seems to have worked. Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 270956

In all seriousness, this was going to happen sooner or later. Goalies seem to get worse when he goes near them.

47Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:19 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Urkie wrote:I guess Bryan Murray was reading our little rant about Eli. Seems to have worked. Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 270956

In all seriousness, this was going to happen sooner or later. Goalies seem to get worse when he goes near them.

Dung, then let me rant about Shea Weber.

48Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:20 pm

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

Its about dam time

49Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:25 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
Urkie wrote:I guess Bryan Murray was reading our little rant about Eli. Seems to have worked. Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 270956

Dung, then let me rant about Shea Weber.

It's worth a try. Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 159628

50Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:30 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SO why wasn't the replacement named first? I'd assume when you fire a guy you'd find his replacement already.

51Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:31 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Who's Perry Elderbloom and does he want to come here too?

Not according to his brochure.

52Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Apparently Doug Maclean just mention Malarchuk saying that he was there when Leclaire was playing his best and he was Luongo's coach in Florida. Interesting, this could pick up steam.

53Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:35 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Sad that its come to another coaching (minor) change, but this really should have been done a while back when the house was cleaned with hartsburg. Now....who's the PP guy?

Hmm maybe Cujo will come to Ottawa.... Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 663118

54Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Apparently Doug Maclean just mention Malarchuk saying that he was there when Leclaire was playing his best and he was Luongo's coach in Florida. Interesting, this could pick up steam.

Read his bio. Issues.

55Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Apparently Doug Maclean just mention Malarchuk saying that he was there when Leclaire was playing his best and he was Luongo's coach in Florida. Interesting, this could pick up steam.

Read his bio. Issues.

Who? Malarchuk?

56Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:37 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He also mentioned that he's had some "issues" and could be a good short term fix.

57Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:38 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

More on the story here. I'm turning into DTR with these posting articles.

Where is he anyway?

NEW YORK - The Senators have fired goalie coach Eli Wilson.

With the club in a five-game losing streak and goaltenders Pascal Leclaire and Brian Elliott seemingly unable to stop the puck, Wilson was shown the door this morning by Senators GM Bryan Murray.

“I’m telling (you) right now: The responsibility doesn’t solely lie on Eli’s shoulders,” said Senators coach Cory Clouston, who delivered the news to reporters. “I have to take some of that responsibility, I am part of the coaching staff obviously. I’m the head coach.

“It falls on my shoulders as well. We’re not solely blaming Eli. It appears that way, but to me we still have to find a way to make a change and this is part of the change.”

The 32-year-old from Maple Ridge, B.C., was in his third season with the Senators. Prior to his stint in Ottawa, he had served as the goalie coach with the WHL Medicine Hat Tigers, where he spent four seasons.

“Performance of the goaltenders in the organization had everything to do with it,” said Murray in a statement. “I think Eli was a hard worker and paid a lot attention to it, but for some reason, both at the NHL level and American league level, we felt that the goaltenders weren’t where we thought they were going to be and where they have shown they can be.”

Murray said a search for a replacement is on: “Hopefully, in the next week we’ll have someone at least in a consulting capacity. Somebody that can have insight and give direction to our goaltenders and get them back on track to where we think they’re capable of being.”

The Senators have surrendered 22 goals during their five-game skid, and the net has become a merry-go-round with both Leclaire and Elliott being pulled several times in recent weeks.

The Senators face the New York Rangers tomorrow night at Madison Square Garden.

58Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
He also mentioned that he's had some "issues" and could be a good short term fix.

Issues?

59Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:42 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Issues?
That's all he said. Perhaps the shooting himself in the face? I dunno.

60Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:46 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The fuzz didn't seem satisfied that the shooting was an accident.

By October 10, 2008, sheriff's deputies in Douglas County, Nevada, completed their investigation into the incident, concluding that Malarchuk's shooting was "accidental under suspicious circumstances" and that, unless contradicting information is found, the matter was closed.

The Canadian Press reported that Joan had informed authorities that her husband was not supposed to consume alcohol as he was on prescription medications for obsessive-compulsive disorder, but was doing so anyway at the time of the accident.

61Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:47 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Incidentally, wasn't malarchuk also the goalie who's throat got cut?

62Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:48 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:Incidentally, wasn't malarchuk also the goalie who's throat got cut?
Yep.

63Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:51 pm

shabbs wrote:
Michallica wrote:Incidentally, wasn't malarchuk also the goalie who's throat got cut?
Yep.

Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 4 805406

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum