GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens fire Eli Wilson!

+23
Devo
M_Christopher
asq2
Riprock
caissie_1
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
garblar
wprager
dennycrane
SensHulk
LeCaptain
Phoenix30
Urkie
Hoags
beedub
PKC
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

16Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:50 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

News release:

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=513454

17Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:51 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

It's about freaking time!

18Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:51 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

You know what? Addressing the "problem" is the smallest part of the solution, it's how you fix it that really matters.

19Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:51 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:About f'ing time!!!!

Holy Cripes I have been sayin' this since Emery was bought out!!!

Good day in Sens land!!!

Sure is. It's still going to take more than that to get us to maintain a playoff spot though.

- Unknown Author

20Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Carvel has survived many a house cleaning already. Isn't Lauer running the PP?

Fire them both.

21Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michael Lehner! Michael Lehner! Michael Lehner! Michael Lehner!

22Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:54 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I was listening to TGOR this morning and they were bantering about firing the goalie coach, and I was yelling in my car that I agreed with them.

And now it's reality. I like it. But don't stop there

Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 18928

23Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:54 pm

shabbs wrote:News release:

The funniest thing...

You go to the Sens news release on their site and at the top their is an ad for the movie... "The Book of Eli"

Too funny.

EDIT: Apparently there are a ton of ads (TSN, Scotiabank, Gamecenter Live...) Book of Eli was the one when I arrived there the first time.

Last edited by MurderOnIce on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

24Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:55 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Michael Lehner! Michael Lehner! Michael Lehner! Michael Lehner!

Hercules! Hercules! Hercules! Hercules!

25Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:55 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm thinking Murray will be gone soon. Too many coaching errors. Too many roster errors.

Is it just me? Does Murray survive this season?

- Unknown Author

26Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:56 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Best news I heard all day. Can't believe it took them this long.

Somewhere in Sault Ste-Marie, Robin Lehner is breathing a sigh of relief.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm thinking Murray will be gone soon. Too many coaching errors. Too many roster errors.

His contract is up at the end of the season. I'm not sure how much is his fault considering the team he inherited. He had the guys to hire Clouston, that counts for something. Other GMs would have hired some has-been recycled coach again (like Pat Quinn *shudder*)

I really like his drafting, it's the way to go now and I'm not sure any GM replacement we could get would be any better at the draft.

Last edited by Hoags on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

27Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:57 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
shabbs wrote:News release:

The funniest thing...

You go to the Sens news release on their site and at the top their is an ad for the movie... "The Book of Eli"

Too funny.

It would have been better if they titled the news release as such.

- Unknown Author

28Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm thinking Murray will be gone soon. Too many coaching errors. Too many roster errors.

Maybe, but we're still in a playoff spot in a year where some people had us pegged for bottom feeders. That's pretty impressive.

29Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:00 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Who coached Leclaire in Columbus?

30Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Who coached Leclaire in Columbus?

Yeah, get him for a year and a half.

31Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:01 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:

Maybe, but we're still in a playoff spot in a year where some people had us pegged for bottom feeders. That's pretty impressive.

I think a GM should have 5 years minimum, without question. Especially with the tatters our farm system was in when Murray arrived.

Murray's draft picks are only starting to filter in... and I am happy with those guys. Do we really want another GM to come in and take credit for the groundwork, then dismantle it... Brian Burke I am looking at you.

32Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Who coached Leclaire in Columbus?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3634678

Was it Malarchuk (sp)?

33Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
I think a GM should have 5 years minimum, without question. Especially with the tatters our farm system was in when Murray arrived.

Murray's draft picks are only starting to filter in... and I am happy with those guys. Do we really want another GM to come in and take credit for the groundwork, then dismantle it... Brian Burke I am looking at you.

Yeah exactly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum