GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens fire Eli Wilson!

+23
Devo
M_Christopher
asq2
Riprock
caissie_1
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
garblar
wprager
dennycrane
SensHulk
LeCaptain
Phoenix30
Urkie
Hoags
beedub
PKC
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

121Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:26 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
Devo wrote:Clint is messed up, but not because he chooses to be. It stems from a medical condition that when taking his meds is under control. I personally wouldn't have a problem with it, should it be part of his contract that taking his meds and being responsible for his actions when not taking them are part of the whole deal.

Really, though, I want Robyn's dad first. If he can't do it, then maybe a call to Clint.

People said that we should avoid Lehner's dad like the plague because of conflict of interests. Like Leclaire and Elliott might lose more confidence if they realize that the father of the best goaltending prospect we have just got hired.

What are your thoughts on that?

That's a fair statement. Also would you want the dad around coaching his son when he gets to the AHL?

122Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:29 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I can understand the attraction of going for someone that has a connection with Leclaire and has gotten success out of him... with goalies, it can be tricky. We did the same thing with Emery by bringing in Eli. That didn't work out too well.

Sounds like Clint has a lot of baggage to go along with his success. If they are considering him, they need to do some very thorough research.

I also think we should stay away from Lehner's Dad for now... if Lehner comes up and takes over, then by all means, bring him in. But not before Lehner is dressing and playing for the Sens.

123Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:31 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
Devo wrote:Clint is messed up, but not because he chooses to be. It stems from a medical condition that when taking his meds is under control. I personally wouldn't have a problem with it, should it be part of his contract that taking his meds and being responsible for his actions when not taking them are part of the whole deal.

Really, though, I want Robyn's dad first. If he can't do it, then maybe a call to Clint.

People said that we should avoid Lehner's dad like the plague because of conflict of interests. Like Leclaire and Elliott might lose more confidence if they realize that the father of the best goaltending prospect we have just got hired.

It would be the same for me if Ottawa drafted Clouston's long lost son. I could care less if they are related as long as the proper safe guards are put in place to ensure favorism isn't being exerted. Really it's the Coach's duty to step up and ensure all his goalies franchise wide are getting the coaching the require (which is part of why Eli was fired, all goalies in the organization right down to the colonial league were performing poorly).

Robyn's dad is just there to instruct the goalies on style and positioning...if Elliot and Leclair are afraid, then start playing better and there are no worries.

Devo

124Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:34 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Patrick Roy?Sarcasm

125Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

It would be the same for me if Ottawa drafted Clouston's long lost son. I could care less if they are related as long as the proper safe guards are put in place to ensure favorism isn't being exerted. Really it's the Coach's duty to step up and ensure all his goalies franchise wide are getting the coaching the require (which is part of why Eli was fired, all goalies in the organization right down to the colonial league were performing poorly).

Robyn's dad is just there to instruct the goalies on style and positioning...if Elliot and Leclair are afraid, then start playing better and there are no worries.

Devo

That's how I felt as well. We'll see I guess. If Murray wanted him - and more importantly if Lehner wanted to be here - I would assume he would have been flown in the next day.

I think Lehner Sr. is a part of the Olympics though, I could be wrong though.

126Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:53 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think with Eli it's different because Eli Wilson was Emery's off season consultant. Who was Emery's goalie coach during the year? Perhaps that is who they should have stuck with and given credit to for Emery's successes.

- Unknown Author

127Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:57 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

If you hire Lehner's dad and Lehner is not performing well, you're Diddled.

128Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:00 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think we're over analyzing this. Laugh1

- Unknown Author

129Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:18 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Patrick Roy?Sarcasm

I'm pretty sure he'll take over for Jaques in Montreal should they miss the playoffs... Not too many french coaches left for them to go through.. LOL

There was some pretty serious talk about it before they hired Jaques...

130Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:17 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I just can't resist. The Book of Eli is now closed.

- Unknown Author

131Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:21 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Done and done.

132Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:13 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perhaps the Goalies were OVER coached?

- Unknown Author

133Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think we're over analyzing this. Laugh1

Not sure if we are. I thought that too at first, but there were a couple of people on HF that really made good points. Make a mistake and bring in Lehner, and what happens to the already fragile confidences of the other two. Not that there should be any issues really, but you have to keep these things in mind.

134Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:24 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

Have we won every game since Eli was let go?

135Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:26 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hayden wrote:Have we won every game since Eli was let go?

I believe so yes. Also our goalies have a combined GAA of 1 over that span.

- Unknown Author

136Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:46 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Hayden wrote:Have we won every game since Eli was let go?

I believe so yes. Also our goalies have a combined GAA of 1 over that span.
Hmmm... very interesting.

137Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:03 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

So, the Senators still have not hired a goal tending coach (not that they seem to need one right now) but I was thinking, what about Darren Pang?

138Sens fire Eli Wilson! - Page 9 Empty Re: Sens fire Eli Wilson! Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:33 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Perhaps the Goalies were OVER coached?

It's actually possible. I've never been worked as hard in my life as I was in that one week clinic. Maybe that's why Leclaire had symptoms of being fatigued when he wasn't even playing often.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum