GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this?

+13
wprager
SensFan71
strachattack
BigRig
LeCaptain
Phoenix30
caissie_1
jawal
PKC
asq2
beedub
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Would you do the proposed Ottawa/LA trade?

Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 3 Vote_lcap266%Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 66% [ 21 ]
Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 3 Vote_lcap213%Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 3 Vote_lcap213%Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 3 Vote_lcap28%Trade Proposal - Would Sens fans do this? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 32

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 13]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cas wrote:ok cut the 2nd and 4th and make it a 3rd.

You want Frolov that badly that you'd give up Teubert or Hickey to acquire him?

Maybe I should have worded that better in the first place. Is he worth that much to you?

No, Moller is. and you're not getting Moller and one of those two plus the 5th.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cas wrote:No, Moller is. and you're not getting Moller and one of those two plus the 5th.

You could get Moller, Teubert (perhaps not Hickey) and the 5th for Heatley. I have no doubts about that.

You can only horde picks and prospects for so long before they need playing time. This is that time.

How can you not have any doubts about LA giving up 2 of their top 5 prospects AND a top-5 pick in this years deep draft, all while not sending anything resembling salary back our way?

You are dreaming in technicolor if you think we can get 2 A+ prospects and a high first for just Heatley, without taking on a massive contract.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I would take Moller, Frolov and a 1st, because with Wiercioch, Karlsson and the 9th pick (Kuli/OEL/Cowen), not mentionning PIcard and LEe I think I've seen enough D prospects and not enough forwards. I don't want to see us in 2-3 years pay a Jesse Winchester 2 Million...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cas wrote:How can you not have any doubts about LA giving up 2 of their top 5 prospects AND a top-5 pick in this years deep draft, all while not sending anything resembling salary back our way?

You are dreaming in technicolor if you think we can get 2 A+ prospects and a high first for just Heatley, without taking on a massive contract.

That's a plus that LA has right now, they're not locked into anything there. They have 10 million in cap space and by the time Doughty needs a new contract, they shed Preissing, Handzus and the rest of their middling-yet-overpaid players.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:Yeah.

But I also like the idea of a deal based around Heatley for Bouchard and Burns.

Oh God yes. Burns is top priority.

But failing that...

Can you imagine? 24 years old, 6-5, physically cruel, great offensive (and defensive)upside, and signed for three more seasons at $3.55 million per.

Plus, he could potentially make way for a trade like Volchenkov and our first+ for Malone (or other salary dump) and Tampa's first.

So, you either have Spezza - Tavares - Regin down the middle or you have a future top-4 of Burns, Hedman, Karlsson, Wiercioch.

Shocked!

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

But failing that...

Can you imagine? 24 years old, 6-5, physically cruel, great offensive (and defensive)upside, and signed for three more seasons at $3.55 million per.

Plus, he could potentially make way for a trade like Volchenkov and our first+ for Malone (or other salary dump) and Tampa's first.

So, you either have Spezza - Tavares - Regin down the middle or you have a future top-4 of Burns, Hedman, Karlsson, Wiercioch.

Shocked!

Trade Volchenkov? Blasphemy! :^^^^:

If we are getting a stud like Burns, I would deal with the loss of Volchenkov though. You'd pretty well have to.

You mentioned Tavares (assuming Hedman is taken by the Isles), but straight up right now, I take Duchene over Tavares without a second thought or regret. He's a much more well rounded player.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

But failing that...

Shocked!

If we are getting a stud like Burns, I would deal with the loss of Volchenkov though. You'd pretty well have to.

You mentioned Tavares (assuming Hedman is taken by the Isles), but straight up right now, I take Duchene over Tavares without a second thought or regret. He's a much more well rounded player.

Well, you wouldnt have to trade Volchenkov. But acquiring Burns could open up possibilities. Hedman/JT/Duchenesque possibilities. cool)

asq2 wrote:
hemlock wrote:
asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

But failing that...

Shocked!

Well, you wouldnt have to trade Volchenkov. But acquiring Burns could open up possibilities. Hedman/JT/Duchenesque possibilities. cool)

Yes....I get a bit misty when thinking of the possibility of picking in the top 3.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm gonna try to block that out. Burns, Hedman and Malone...all in one fell swoop.

:drooling:

Too much to even dream about.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Some guys over at HB are saying Murray might try to move Heatley AND Spezza in two separate trades. I don't put much stock into it, but damn...

PKC wrote:Some guys over at HB are saying Murray might try to move Heatley AND Spezza in two separate trades. I don't put much stock into it, but damn...

The HB logo should be a short bus and big enough that you can see the windows being licked. Knowledgeable hockey fans are few and far between over there...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Some guys over at HB are saying Murray might try to move Heatley AND Spezza in two separate trades. I don't put much stock into it, but damn...

Too bad HB has no credibility whosoever.

We talked about that at one point on here. The old 'what if?' scenario. What if Murray was to get Edmonton all hot and bothered, to the point that they're offering a substantial package, then at the last second goes with a deal from LA leaving Edmonton sad and holding their weiners.

Then, at the draft, he moves back to them and talks up a Spezza trade, getting that initial package back on the table.

The potential would be there (if it's LA and Edmonton) for:

Teubert
Moller
5th overall
Gagner
Eberle
10th overall

all in one fell swoop. Bang! Instant rebuild.

SpezDispenser wrote:

We talked about that at one point on here. The old 'what if?' scenario. What if Murray was to get Edmonton all hot and bothered, to the point that they're offering a substantial package, then at the last second goes with a deal from LA leaving Edmonton sad and holding their weiners.

Then, at the draft, he moves back to them and talks up a Spezza trade, getting that initial package back on the table.

Teubert
Moller
5th overall
Gagner
Eberle
10th overall

Also potentially a death scentance for Alfie's chances of winning a cup in Ottawa....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
Also potentially a death scentance for Alfie's chances of winning a cup in Ottawa....

Potentially being the key word. How quickly have we seem a well run team go from crap to success in the playoffs? Philly, Washington, Carolina.

There are ways of getting your team to run as a machine - or as a team. If you stockpile young talent to go with the Alfie's, Fisher's, Phillip's etc. of the world, people might be surprised how tough the Sens would be to play.

Furthermore, imagine opening up 14.5 million dollars worth of cap space. Let's say 10 if some of the pieces from the trades play. 10 million dollars. That's a salary dump from a team like San Jose for a player like Marleau. Or a team like Philly's that's so up against the cap, they're in deep, deep Dung.

Or one of the best UFAs, Hossa back to play with Alfie. Havlat back...to play with Alfie. Bouwmeester to bolster your back end once and for all.

Offer sheets to one of Versteeg or Kessel. The skies the limit.

The only problem with this scenario is that true number one centers are hard to get. You might get a decent one, but one that can make the wingers around him 50 goal men - and Alfie a 43 goal man - is a very, very hard thing to find.

So while this fantasy has occurred to me, it's pretty much an impossibility.

MurderOnIce wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Teubert
Moller
5th overall
Gagner
Eberle
10th overall

But then you sign Bouwmeester and Hossa in the off-season Wink assuming Hossa takes a shorter term deal and is willing to come to Ottawa again.

Probably not gonna happen anyways, so has anyone discussed the impact on any potential Heatley deal of Hossa re-signing in Detroit prior to the draft? It seems that scenario would only drive up the price on Heatley.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:I went with Teubert, Moller, and the 5th. If there was a way to get Frolov as well by adding a small piece I'd be all for it.

Would you add the 39th overall for Frolov (our 2nd round pick?).

I wouldn't. I'll get a UFA like Steve Sullivan and I'll pay him his 4.5 million X 3 years instead.

To be honest I'd try and model a deal around what Pronger got Edmonton which included 2 players and 3 picks. I'd be happy giving up Frolov If it meant getting more picks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum